No announcement yet.

The Dog Barking

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dog Barking

I keep hearing (or reading) about the dog barking throughout the ep. I've watched it a few times and I keep thinking that I should be hearing a dog barking in the background or something but all I ever hear is an occasional noise that 'might' be growling, and that also tends to happen at scene changes. Is there something I am missing?

No, I don't think you are. Besides the hum-like noise in the background, there is also some high pitched music that periodically comes & goes and some lower pitched effects. The lower pitched effects are what I'm guessing are supposed to symbolize Shelby's barking.

Comment

Gracias.

Comment

Other than the barking just before he came out of the dream, I don't remember hearing any.

Comment

I didn't realize it was barking till i read the review. I heard sometype of grumbling noise but thought that was just to make the episode seem weird. I guess it was just Shelby which explains why Clark thanked him at the end.

Comment

I guess they couldn't make the bark too recognizable or else it would have given away the mystery of what was truly happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Caper 469
              I guess they couldn't make the bark too recognizable or else it would have given away the mystery of what was truly happening.
              Exactly. Here is a video with scenes that contain the muffled barking sounds, ending in the scene where Clark eventually hears Shelby. You can hear that the noises right before Shelby's barking breaks through for real sound identical to the sounds before that are supposed to be barking.

Comment

I initially thought it was the creature trying to "dig" deeper into Clarks psyche, but in the end it was perfect to have the low pitch hum. Amazingly when Lana faded it was only then Clark was able to focus and hear Shelby bringing Clark back to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
                  Other than the barking just before he came out of the dream, I don't remember hearing any.
                  I heard that barking too.

But, when Chloe came in and said that Clark was only out for a second, it got me thinking. At the end of the "dream," we distinctly hear Shelby bark multiple times. How many dogs do you know that can bark multiple times in a second or two. Wait, lets take it a step further. Clark was in the dream for what, 1.5 dayish? We heard Shelby barking for ~15 seconds out of ~36 hours. That would mean the distinct barks we heard would have taken place in at most picoseconds. I'm not one to point out inconsistencies in the show and I'm definitely not bashing....I just found it funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 98chase
                    I heard that barking too.

But, when Chloe came in and said that Clark was only out for a second, it got me thinking. At the end of the "dream," we distinctly hear Shelby bark multiple times. How many dogs do you know that can bark multiple times in a second or two. Wait, lets take it a step further. Clark was in the dream for what, 1.5 dayish? We heard Shelby barking for ~15 seconds out of ~36 hours. That would mean the distinct barks we heard would have taken place in at most picoseconds. I'm not one to point out inconsistencies in the show and I'm definitely not bashing....I just found it funny.
                    I don't think "just a second" means literally just a second. He could've been out for a full minute, 30 seconds, whatever.

Comment

Chloe said that she heard him hit the ground (from where he fell off of the loft) and ran straight in the bard. He was getting up when she ran in. It might have been like 3 - 5 seconds. Even if it is a minute, you're still talking very, very small fractions of a second.

Comment

i heard it at intervals all the way through the second time i watched it, but didn't really hook onto it or process it as barking the first time around. knowing what to look for though, it is really well done. excellent episode overall

Comment

It wasn't even that loud! Or maybe Clark's super-hearing sense it?

Comment

What if Shelby's bark would create an echo inside Clark's head, (not to imply that he's head is empty of course) - but that would explain why he heard Shelby barking so many times

Comment

throughout the whole episode every now and then you'll hear like a really loud fan or something and it gets clearer near the end. it was shelby's bark deepend and mixed. i don't realize it either until like the third time watching it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎