View Poll Results: Dream!Chloe: Who's bright idea?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clark

42 60.87%
  • The Phantom

27 39.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was Dream!Chloe the creation of Clark or the Phantom?

Was just having a little discussion about this on TWoP.

Personally, I think the Phantom created Chloe as another way of breaking Clark down into accepting the dream. What better way to do it than to have someone Clark believes in absolutely proven so drastically wrong, and perhaps even insane?

Small planet in the vicinity of Betelguese
    I don't know much about MM capabilties. What I do know, is he is telepathic which would mean he has the ability to project himself into a person's mind I suppose (although even that's a stretch) but not manipulate the person's mind.

I think Chloe was Clark's idea in his dream. She's the only one (besides MM) who believed him (even though she was crazy). She tried to help him escape, while the others (probably creations of the phantom) tried to get him back into the hospital for the surgery. If she had been the phantom's idea she would have probably been like the rest of them.

Everything in this AU was whipped up by the Zoner, including Chloe herself. Her purpose was to lull Clark into a false sense of security and makes him think that this hellhole might be real after all, since he got Chloe there to save his a** and believed in everything he said, just like what she'd do in real life. The the Zoner got her shot in front of him to break him down to make him go through with the treatment.

But still Clark held on to his belief that he wasn't insane and Chloe's death didn't break him down as Hudson had expected, so he whipped up another plan and put Clark in that room with the Jorel soap and other stuff about his Kryptonian heritage and people who knows about his superpowers, to discredit them and Clark's belief about his identity. Which finally managed to break him down at last.

Everything was a creation of the Phantom other than MM, Shelby's barking, and Lana disappearing. The Phantom created Chloe in the way that he did in order to give Clark hope and then crush it beyond the point of almost no return. This was how the Phantom managed to convince Clark, in the end, that treatment was what he needed. Had Clark not witnessed Chloe's belief, then madness, then eventual death, I don't think the Phantom's plan would've came as close as it did. Thus, the Phantom set the whole thing up.

If everything in the AU was a creation of the Phantom, how did he know that Chloe would be the one believing in Clark and not, say, his mom? How did he know that having Lana there would break Clark's will?

Just being curious...

i think i can answer your question Kat Halliwell with a theory i posted on the AU characters in another thread...

I think the Phantom created all the characters in the AU using Clark's memories and feelings (in the real world) about each person.

Lana:the person that he wanted to be normal with..hence her purpose in the AU..

Lex: in the RW, Lex is like the person CK couldnt save from his evil side. Clark thought their friendship would save him..but in the end, he couldn't...so in the dream world, CK stepped in front of the car to save him with his "powers" but things turned out worse...and then of course, the phantom used CK's memory of the accident on the bridge

Martha:as we will see in Crimson, CK is concerned about his mother's closeness to Lionel. He sees Lionel/their growing relationship as "corrupting" his mom....in the AU, this "corruption" is shown via Martha married to Lionel and not believeing him.....because of course, in CK's mind, if she were still with Jonathan, then they would have believed him....Lionel has changed her...

Chloe: since the phantom uses CK's memories, thoughts, feelings etc to create situations around the AU characters, it couldn't find a way to make him believe that Chloe thought he was crazy, because in his mind, they are always there for each other, believe in each other etc...so instead, the phantom makes her believe him, but uses CK's knowledge of her mother's madness to discredit her belief in him in the AU by making her crazy also. The phantom also knows of his fear that the ppl who know his secrets gets hurt by being associated with him...hence her death by believing in his fake powers..

I think it was obvious that the phantom created the whole thing. Of course it would create a Chloe that would believe Clark, because she is the one who started the whole meteor freak theory, which became a huge part of his life. So by portraying her as insane, its goal was to make Clark believe that everything he previously believed was crazy, and once he started accepting the situation, Chloe and her death would no longer be haunting Clark since she is responsible for making him believe many of the things he did that got him into that asylum.

Remember that the Chloe in that reality believed it was all the Luthors' fault and accepted that the dream world existed, otherwise she wouldn't have admitted that she was also in that asylum and would instead be telling him that he is actually in his barn with Shelby. The only one other than Clark who truly knew what was going on was the MM thanks to his telepathy ability.

interesting question not sure but I think Clark

Originally posted by Kat_Halliwell
    If everything in the AU was a creation of the Phantom, how did he know that Chloe would be the one believing in Clark and not, say, his mom? How did he know that having Lana there would break Clark's will?

Just being curious...
    How did he know that Chloe would believe in him? And Lana would break his will? Because The Phantom created everything, and yes, he used Clark's memories and thoughts to do so.

good question. The more i think about it, I think the phantom created the whole thing, as was said, by using clarks memories. of course, we'll never know. maybe the two minds, clarks and the phantoms, with some characters created by clark and sorta mentally dueling with the world created by the phantom. it would make for good commentary dialogue.

Re: Was Dream!Chloe the creation of Clark or the Phantom?

Originally posted by rowan sjet
    Was just having a little discussion about this on TWoP.

Personally, I think the Phantom created Chloe as another way of breaking Clark down into accepting the dream. What better way to do it than to have someone Clark believes in absolutely proven so drastically wrong, and perhaps even insane?
    When was Chloe proved wrong?

Re: Re: Was Dream!Chloe the creation of Clark or the Phantom?

Originally posted by HeddyH
    When was Chloe proved wrong?
    Clark had no powers, couldn't save her, etc. The Phantom also planted the seeds of doubt in Clark's brain about her mental health by having Lana mention them being in the institution together, and she showed her true colors when she pulled a gun on two armed men. Remember, fake Chloe, not real Chloe.

well, i sorta agree with what you're saying...but real chloe has carried a gun before, for protection she had one at the DP building. Lionel gave it to her.

And i don't know if the 'being proven wrong' part was there as much as the whole situation added to clark's helplessness and overwhelming sense of loss. there was so much goin on in this episode that wasn't evident if you watched superficially.

Originally posted by meteor_phreak
    well, i sorta agree with what you're saying...but real chloe has carried a gun before, for protection she had one at the DP building. Lionel gave it to her.

And i don't know if the 'being proven wrong' part was there as much as the whole situation added to clark's helplessness and overwhelming sense of loss. there was so much goin on in this episode that wasn't evident if you watched superficially.
    Yeah, I agree the "being proven wrong" point didn't real make sense, but I won't try to speak on that poster's behalf, I'm sure they can explain what they meant.

As for the gun, my point was she actually pulled it on two bad guys standing right in front of her, she was clearly out of her mind and just reacting to the whole situation. Another sign making Clark think/know she was crazy and thus he was too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast