Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark was willing to kill Hudson.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about that considering I'am clueless as to the nature of Phantoms. In the John Byrne run of Superman. He did kill. If I am not mistaken 3 super villans in a pocket universe.

Comment

in a parallel universe superman killed lex luthor. so he would have killed dr. hudson.

Comment

Dr. Hudson wasn't real, just a representation of the phantom in his dream that was unknown to him until Martian Manhunter told him. So killing him wouldn't be like killing anyone. It would just be getting out of his dream. Just like the Traveller in Slumber.

Comment

That was stupid, imo. He was supposed to leave the La-La Land and kill Hudson as a proof he has stong will and to get out of his dream. What's happened was basically him being scared of the treatment that didn't exactly look painless as the Zoner described it and wanted to go look for Lana who vanished. Where is the strong will in this?

Comment

Clark stated that it was his mission to capture or destroy all the phantoms that had escaped, so yeh i guess it was right for him to kill that phantom even though he appeared to be a man.

Comment

ok first off, when lana disappeared, clark didn't say in his head, MM was speaking the truth

HE HEARD SHELBY BARKING. and hes like shelby you are still in the barn, thats the reason why he started choking the Dr.

Comment

Originally posted by XFlamez
                ok first off, when lana disappeared, clark didn't say in his head, MM was speaking the truth

HE HEARD SHELBY BARKING. and hes like shelby you are still in the barn, thats the reason why he started choking the Dr.
                Clark leaned up some after Lana had disappeared and his and the MM's suspicions were coming to surface. Once Shelby started barking, he knew 100% that he was in an AU IMO.

Comment

He was only willing to kill because he believed that the Dr. was a Zoner and not real in his mind.

Comment

I think that Clark was temporarily driven insane. I mean he even said himself something like "I'm not sure what's real or not." He even began to believe that nothing had happened and he made it all up. If people can pull the "temporary insanity" card, why can't Clark Kent?

Comment

Originally posted by 98chase
                      I think that Clark was temporarily driven insane. I mean he even said himself something like "I'm not sure what's real or not." He even began to believe that nothing had happened and he made it all up. If people can pull the "temporary insanity" card, why can't Clark Kent?
                      Because he doesn't need to. He "killed" the Phantom after he realized he wasn't crazy, but the Phantom *still* was just a piece of Clark's mind.

Comment

Re: Clark was willing to kill Hudson.

Originally posted by Superboy2
                        He had him in a choke hold, and wasn't going to let up. But before he could kill him, MM put the Phantom in his box. So, Clark, if given the time, he would have killed someone. I guess there is a difference between a Phantom/Zoner and a "man." Too bad Clark didn't really kill him, hes done many unSuperman things, why not? Anyone agree?
                        No. Clark killed Hudson which released the phantom so that MM could catch it in the box.

Comment

There was one other time when Clark was really going to kill somebody, and not some Phantom or Zoner.

Comment

I don't think that if there was any chance in Clark's mind that the doctor was a normal human being, he would have choked him.

I think Clark had definately made up his mind and thought the doctor was a Phantom, without a doubt.

So, to Clark, he wasn't technically choking/killing a man.. He was choking/killing a Phantom.

Comment

I think he was killing the phantom in his mind so he could get back to the real World. Didn't he kill the plant lady phantom, Gloria, earlier in the season?

A guy's got to do what a guy's got to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎