Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Labyrinth

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One major plot hole is when the Doc tells Clark that his psychosis started at 15, indicating that Clark had a normal life before he found out he was Kryptonian. However, Clark never had a normal life before 15. He was always strong and always fast. He always knew he was different, starting with busting his baby crib.

This being the case, the BDA should have been able to pick up that things weren't right then. Him and Lana couldn't have been normal childhood sweethearts, because he always thought he was 'abnormal' and different. He would have been just as hesitant at 10 as he was at 15. He would have still had to lie to her and so forth.

Clark didn't think. He's too busy getting hung up on the fact that he and Lana were together, everything else was easy to overlook.

BTW - where was Pete in this Alternate Universe? He was supposed to be his best friend since childhood. Perhaps Lana run him off early on and never gave their friendship a chance.

Comment

I just have to say that if Clark didn't have his powers, would his dad have died?

Comment

What I was wondering is if the meteor shower still happened, then where are all the FOTWs that attacked all the people...

Lex still was bald and wasn't weak, so the shower still had its effects.

Comment

I'm confused... what was the point of the meteor shower in the AU World

Comment

goof

How could MM come to the barn so fast, if the whole Clark's mind possession took only like 1 second?

:O

Comment

i thought that was odd too, but he obviously knew about the Phantoms and Clark, so he might have been hunting the Phantom or chasing it when it got to Clark.

Remember, the last time we saw Mr Oreo, he was hunting Batista the super-strong Phantom that was under-utilized.

Comment

that would make sense
                Last edited by Rozq; 04-11-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red K 5
                  :
                  all I heard was growling... I'm so stupid... I thought the growling was the Phantom

I thought it was the phantom too. Gotta rewatch it later.

Comment

Originally posted by canon
                    I thought it was the phantom too
                    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that

Comment

I'm confused... what was the point of the meteor shower in the AU World
                      can somebody tell me

Comment

I happened to be watching the show with the subtitles on, and it repeatedly said something like, "animal growling" until the last part when it said, "Shelby barking".

Comment

can somebody tell me
                          I guess to explain why Lana was living in the loft and living with Nell instead of her parents. Plus, that was when Clark arrived on Earth, so by still having the meteor shower and downplaying it so that he was much like other freaks whose parents died (like Cyrus from Visitor) to show how his life was a fantasy world. It also allowed them to have the doctor take the kryptonite out and hold it up to him (a funny scene).

Comment

Clark would never do that

Clark is supposed to be pure and good but at one point in this episode he sneaks up and punches a harmless janitor in the head. My friends and I could not believe that he would do that. Possessed or not he wouldnt ever do that. He only helps innocent people. Am I wrong here?????

I might stop watching in protest. Not really though

When they show the Janitor's employee of the month picture at the end of the episod his name is oliver queen?? what the???

Maybe he is the green arrows dad?? maybe clarke knew that and that is why he beat him up?? Maybe he wasnt so innocent
                            Last edited by LadyLaura; 01-28-2007, 10:12 AM.

Comment

ok so the meteor shower still messed up Lex's hair, Lana's parents got killed, Clark's "real" parents got killed

the meteor shower still happened, its just that a baby in a spaceship did not come with it... supposedly

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                                ^ Clark does say Shelby. IMO mainly because he gaining control of his senses and is cominig out of it all. Plus Shelby is eerily barking throughout the episode in the background.

Exactly!
                                I thought I was the only one.

Throughout the episode, it sounded like creepy noises, but at the end Clark says "Shelby.. I'm still in the barn".

I just assume it was Shelby barking through the whole episode.

Originally posted by LadyLaura
                                Clark is supposed to be pure and good but at one point in this episode he sneaks up and punches a harmless janitor in the head. My friends and I could not believe that he would do that. Possessed or not he wouldnt ever do that. He only helps innocent people. Am I wrong here?????

I might stop watching in protest. Not really though

When they show the Janitor's employee of the month picture at the end of the episod his name is oliver queen?? what the???

Maybe he is the green arrows dad?? maybe clarke knew that and that is why he beat him up?? Maybe he wasnt so innocent
                                The reason they showed the Janitor's name was Oliver Queen, was the Phantom trying to get Clark to think he made his entire life story up. As he looks around the room, he sees things like soap called Jorel, a book called The Phantom Zone, etc.

That's to make Clark think that he took regular things from his mental-institution-life and made a story out of them.

And I disagree ... though Clark is always wanting to help people and give justice, in that situation I'm not surprised he punched out the janitor.
                                He panicked and really had no other choice.
                                Last edited by Honey45; 01-29-2007, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎