Music from Labyrinth

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the background sound effect when Clark was in the hospital.. too scary

Comment

The secret of music

The music has always being a key aspect to Smallville's success. This episode's ending was great because we just went "back to formula". Soundtrack, music. Good music. Smallville without it's music doesn't work.

For me Smalville has been a place to learn about good music and good bands. They've been losing that lately. I hope we hear more for the rest of the season. And no, I'll never get tired of listening to "Save me" at the title intro. Classic!

Comment

you know I totally agree. In another thread they are talking about Shattered. It was a great episode but when they played Hurt by Johnny Cash it was...so powerful and gave me the chills. Same thing with My Immortal playing in the loft scene with Mrs Kent & Clark, loved White Flag by Dido, loved Ache by James Carrington.....anyhow I could go on and on.
        The music is usually amazing!!! Great Thread

Comment

Yeah, while Smallville might have epic plot lines, and dark themes, at it's heart it's just a teenage hip show. Much of its fan base is teenage girls, and teens in general, and that's a way to appease this fan base, by giving them music.

Comment

I liked Mark Joseph's Fly at the end of Lucy. They should have saved that song for the end of the episode before the one where he permanently gains the flight ability. It was extremely ominous.

Comment

Just so you all know, Chris Heifner uploaded "Yesterday" to his myspace.

Comment

Many thanks for those of you who responded - I actually found out before the first response to my question - and its a great and appropriate track in Labyrinth at the end. The track seems rare - but I will go out and buy the album if I can find it tomorrow. For the moment the myspace link will do nicely.

I share teh same sentiments with the poster who said that Smallville has provided a good outlet to learn about good music and the show is better for it without doubt. The timing of the tracks to the scene on the whole has been pretty spot on.

Thanks.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Most of the music on my mp3 player right now is from Smallville... The songs are a HUGE reason of why I love Smallville. All the hidden meanings in the songs are SO powerfull. Take a look at Collide by Dishwalla from "Hidden", announcing the end of Clana to come latter... You're Beautiful by James Blunt and I Grieve by Peter Gabriel (this song still gives me the chills) at "Reckoning", My Happy Ending by Avril Lavigne at "Facade" (a big Chlois moment for me), I Want It All by Depeche Mode at the end of "Fanatic" with Mionel (creepy). Clana's Lifehouse with Everything and You and Me, Perfect Memory by Remy Zero at "Tempest", all of the Chlark songs over the years...

So many great songs!!! Smallville is just a source of good music... Ow, and the opera music at creepy scenes like the end of Covenant, at season 5 when Lionel is checking out the video of Clark's superspeed... Dude, so creepy... Covenant is memorable because of those moments with the song... Gives me chills...

AWESOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Smith
                    I messaged him on myspace asking if he could put the song on his player and he said,

http://www.myspace.com/chrisheifner

Amazon.com doesn't have it in stock.

Comment

Could not find the guys album anywhere. The best bet seems to be the itunes site - but I have no clue about that stuff. Tried going to the singers site but he only seems to ship the album in America when you pay via paypal or something.

Comment

The album is available on walmart.com

Comment

The song is on his MySpace so you can listen to it all you want.

Comment

um am i the only one who realizes that the song on his myspace is different than the one played on smallville? it's like an acoustic version or somethin but its not exactly like the one on Labyrinth. Does anyone know where the Labyrinth version is?

Comment

Yesterday

You can also get the song Yesterday on the Aries program, too. I just downloaded it from there. Great song!

The correct spelling is the Ares program. I noticed the difference right off, I like the Smallville version better. The Ares program has the Labrynth version there.
                              Last edited by jdoxakis; 04-09-2007, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find guitar tabs for Hefshill's "Yesterday"? Cant find any anywhere. New band, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎