Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate this episode: Loved it? Hated it? Vote Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One is the Loneliest Number

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
    This episode while interesting, gives me a headache every time I see it. What with that low humming noise throughout.
    I know this forum is dead & buried (or at least I think it is; this IS 2013) but I'm in Season 6 of a re-watch and I tried watching this episode AGAIN (3rd or 4th time) and I still cannot watch more than five minutes of it. That low-level humming is just too much for my brain. The funny thing is, none of the other people I talked with even noticed the hum. ALL I hear is hum I rated this episode a ONE because I simply could not get past that incessant noise.
    Last edited by Jack's_Son; 08-16-2013, 01:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to rate the episode :=(

Comment

• The forum is very much alive, J_S. Maybe not with the 1000s posting like the good ol' days, but there's still a solid core of us here. If you are feeling nostalgic, we rewatch 2 episodes as a designated time every weekend. We have just started again from the beginning. This weekend (11.00 pm US Central Time) we are having a synchronized rewatch of Cool and Hourglass - see the Season 1 Episode Discussion Forum. We have about 2 dozen members who have a Live Discussion 90 minute session as we play the two episodes. You are most welcome to join us.

Comment

• Weird tbh.

Comment

• The escaped Zoner storyline continues. This episode also marked Phil Morris' first appearance as Martian Manhunter (in "Static", the character had been played by an unidentified actor).

Thought they did a pretty good job at the AU. Not too thrilled about the fact that, after this experience, Clark rekindles his feelings for Lana. He openly admits that he was willing to give into "Dr. Hudson" to be with Lana. Martian Manhunter had previously pointed out, that if Clark had done that, "Hudson" would've gained controll of Clark's body (with all its powers) and united the other prisoners from the PZ, enslaving all of mankind. His feelings for Lana, nearly made him doom humanity. Thankfully, I had rewatched "Isis" prior to this one, where he (correctly) expresses a refusal to doom millions, for the sake of his own happiness. It makes you appreciate how much Clark will mature, once Lana is out of the picture.

Buffy did this same plot in that show's season 6. In the past, I've probably had a different opinion, but "Labyrinth" is the better. It concludes with Clark breaking through the fake world and re-entering the real-world. The Buffy episode ends with a scene that leaves it possible that the whole show's just in the imagination of a mental patient. Meaning, you haven't spent six years watching a show about a strong woman character, but the delusions of a mental patient. Buffy is often described as a story with female empowerment, but if you accept that ending as the truth, the twist of the series become that female empowerment is a fantasy and not real. With one scene, Buffy shot itself in the foot. With Smallville, you came for a story about Clark's journey towards becoming Superman and that's what you get. There is no ending scene at the asylum, that suggests that all of this is just in Clark's mind. No, Clark's heroics, his strengths are real. Buffy's might not be.
          Last edited by jon-el87; 09-22-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎