No announcement yet.

Send a Little Love My Way

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7- Leaning Into the Afternoons

Lex dressed in his dark charcoal suit and wore his new cologne for his lunch date with Lois. He wanted her to see him as more than a rich playboy. He knew she had some misgivings about even dating him considering her disasterous history with Oliver and Bruce. Lex knew he would have to step up his game in order to get Lois to let him in her heart. Taking one last look at himself in the bathroom mirror he proceeded to pick up his date.

Lois started off wearing the light pink dress that stopped above her knee, but she thought it was a little to much for lunch. Then she put on the black camisole with the matching black capris, but that was a no go as well. After two hours of trying on all of her clothes, twice, she finally settled on the pink dress she started off in. Somehow two hours later the pink dress was the only one that looked great on her.
    She knew she was acting like such a girl, and she hated it. Usually a date with a guy would warrant an hour of getting ready. For some reason going out with Lex made her regress back to her highschool days when wearing the perfect outfit was the most important thing. Her hair was done in an uptwist. She wore her pendant necklace and sprayed on some vanilla perfume. Just as she was about to apply a bit more blush to her face Lois heard a knock at her hotel door.

Lois took a deep breath and then opened the door.
    "Lex, you look...really nice," she said capitivated.
    "No Lois, you're the one that looks amazing," he said as he leaned against the door.
    Lois blushed as his eyes lingered over her body. It was so weird to be getting a compliment from Lex Luthor. It was even more weird to give him one.
    "Are you ready to go?" he said.
    "Yes, let me just get my purse."
    As Lois went to the bathroom to pick up her purse, Lex sat on the bed waiting for her. Lois picked up her purse and took another quick glance of herself in the mirror. Quietly she told herself to keep it together. It was just another date, no big deal.

"I'm ready," she said with smile.
    "Good, I reserved a private table for us. You'll really like it."
    "Well, I'll have to see if Lex Luthor's taste meets my own," she said with a grin.
    "Is that a challenge Lois?" he said in the same mock sarcasm.
    "Always," she replied as she raised an eyebrow.
    Lex followed behind her out of the room. He was glad that even though they obviously had feelings for each other that they still could have a battle of wits. It was big a reason why he was attracted to her to begin with.
    The two made it into the elevator. There was an uncomfortable silence that hovered all over the room. Lois decided to break it.
    "So, we're in the elevator again. This time under better circumstances. Might I even say strange circumstances?" she said.
    "I'd have to agree with you there. I would've never thought you and I...two days ago you were yelling at me in this same elevator and now you're my lunch date. How did that happen?" he said with a clever look.
    Lois could feel a shift in the mood. It felt similar to the night she was in his room. It was a dangerous place to delve into, atleast so soon. He was looking at her in that same heated way. She needed to break them both out of the haze that was taking over. She tried to change the subject.
    "So, what's the best meal at the cafe?" she said looking away from him.
    Lex shifted closer to her and placed a hand at the small of her back. His touch made her tremble. She was forced to turn her face toward his.
    "It's okay to be unsure of us Lois, you're not the only one that is. This is just lunch, right?"
    Lois wanted to kiss him but thought better of it. Instead she shook her head in agreement and put some space between them. The elevator door finally opened to their floor.
    "Shall we," he said motioning for her to leave first.
    Lois walked out in front of him. Lex couldn't help but to run his eyes over her form. He shook his head from all things sexual and tried to remember what he had just told her, "It was just lunch."

Comment

this is great
      i like all the stories that involve lois and this relationship with lex is a change and looks intresting

hope you can post more soon

i really like this

Comment

Thanks for the great feed back. I'll have another update tomorrow. It's great to see a Lexis fan. I hope you keep reading this section. Alot of people don't because they don't like the pairing but I think they should atleast give it a chance. So thanks for your comments.

Comment

Chapter 8- The Soul that Snaps My Control

Lois and Lex sat in the private room of the La La Cafe in silence. They had talked about their careers, politics, good movies they had seen, bad movies they had seen, and even the weather. Neither knew what other safe topic to talk about. It was strange for either of them to be speechless. The truth of the matter was that what they really wanted to talk about was how confused and excited they felt by the other.

Lois felt off center when she was near Lex. It was like she wasn't her usual quick witted self. There were many times when he stunned her or made her think of him a bit differently. The hungry way he looked at her and the settle way he claimed the small of her back, as if it was always there waiting for his touch, made her feel desired. She hadn't felt desired by a man for such a long time that she almost forgot how great it felt. She just wished she knew what to say.

Lex shuffled his peas around on his plate as he looked at Lois from the corner of his eye. She was so beautiful. He hoped she wasn't bored with their date. He usually prided himself on being a good conversationalist, but Lois made him feel so uncertain of himself. He knew she didn't want to hear him quote someone else's words and she wasn't interested in his unsolicted advice like Lana would have been. He liked that about Lois. She knew what she wanted and would get it on her own. She didn't need her hand held by anyone. Lana had been like his pupil. He taught her how to stand up for herself, make her place in the world, become more comfortable in her own skin. But Lois was the polar opposite. She was confident, strong, and stubborn to a fault. In one word, she was the biggest challenge he had ever faced. He just wished he had something to say, anything at all to break the awkward mood.

"So, how are the peas? You seem to be playing with them more than you are eating them," Lois said with a smile.
          "Oh, well peas have never been my favorite vegetable, but it came with the meal so I'll eat it. Do you like your trout?"
          Lois looked at Lex for a long moment and then took in a sigh.
          "Lex, we're not here to talk about peas or trout, and this silence is unbearable. I'm just going to say what I really want to say to you..."
          "What's that?... I mean go ahead," he said as he placed his fork down.
          "I...I like you alot. You make me so angry all the time. You say so many things that make want to strangle you. But no one else excites me the way you do or makes feel as desirable. I'm not usually this candid with a guy that I like, but I think that you might be different than the others that came before..."
          "I feel the same way about you, Lois. I feel so much anticipation over what could happen between us and so much longing for what already has happened. None of this makes sense, does it."
          Lois placed her hand over his. Lex responded with a softened smile and placed his other hand overtop of hers.
          Lois laughed out loud.
          "Do you always have to be on top?" she asked.
          Lex leaned his face closer to hers.
          "Behind closed doors I'm open to all positions."
          "You're delving into dangerous territory again, Lex. It's only lunch remember," she said leaning in closer to him.
          The two were close enough to kiss, but both held their composure.
          "You're right, this is lunch... But that doesn't mean there won't be dinner," he said as he leaned back in his chair. His gaze remained fixed on her face.
          "Someone sure does assume a lot. How do you know that you'll get to have dinner with me tonight. Maybe I'm tired of you," she said with a fake pout.
          Lex couldn't help but to laugh at her attempt at playing hard to get. Lois couldn't help but to laugh too.
          "It's not that funny, Lex,"she said as she lightly punched his arm.
          "A little funny. But seriously, will you have dinner with me tonight?"
          "Two dates in one night I don't think that's taking things slow, Lex," she said as she sipped her champagne.
          "Nothing has to happen. It's just another meal. It's just more small talk. There's no pressure. I just don't think there is any reason for either of us to have dinner alone, " he said as he sipped his own drink.
          Lois could feel the tide turning again. No matter how much both of them wanted to take things slow it seemed to be too difficult to keep the passion under the surface. Although she knew it was probably a bad decision she just couldn't keep herself from saying yes.
          "Dinner sounds good. It's just another meal like you said."
          The two clicked their glasses together in agreement and watched one another drink. Lunch was almost over but alot of other things were about to begin.
          Last edited by emily feist; 06-11-2007, 08:36 PM.

Comment

great update

hope you can post more soon

Comment

Chapter 9- Fire and Desire

It was seven thirty in the evening when Lois heard Lex's familiar knock at her hotel door. She had been practically losing her mind trying to find something to wear. She finally settled on her long backless red dress. The outfit screamed, "Come and get it!", but at this point in their mating dance she really didn't care. They had been going aound in circles trying to pretend that they didn't like each other as much as they did, and she wanted to just give into her feelings for once. However, she hoped the dress would make him lose his cool first. Even though she wanted to be with him she wanted him to take the initiative in that department. So, when Lex was knocking on her door, she made sure that she was oblivious to the sexiness of her dress. She was going to drive him crazy tonight.

"Hi, you're a little early," she said as she motioned for him to enter.
              Lex couldn't believe how unbelievable Lois looked. The dress fit her like a glove and it was making him think a lot of things that he was trying to keep out of his mind.
              "Well, I can wait if you're not ready yet. By the way, you look really nice tonight, " he said as he sat on the sofa.
              Nice. Lois thought for sure he would say beautiful, breath-taking, or atleast pretty. It was then that Lois realized that Lex was doing the exact thing she had planned for him: waiting for her to buckle under the pressure.
              "You like the dress? Well, I got it at The Galleria in Gotham a few months ago. I was a little unsure of it because of this long slit. It exposes alot of my leg, don't you think?", Lois said as she revealed her naked leg to him.
              Lex swallowed hard. It was taking all of his strength not to touch the open skin that was displayed just inches from him.
              "It looks tasteful...I wouldn't worry about it."
              Damn. Lois thought she had him, but Lex was good at the cat and mouse game. She would have to play a little more hard ball with him than she thought.
              "I'm almost ready I just have to put on my necklace and grab my purse. Oh, where are we going tonight?"
              "I got reservations at the Red Room. It's a great Vietnamese/Japanese restaurant."
              "I do love Vietnamese food. Good choice. Say, do you think you can help me with my necklace?"
              Lex couldn't keep is eyes off of Lois' smooth back. It was obvious that she was trying to seduce him. Nothing Lois ever did was subtle. But he wanted to be the seducer tonight. He would have to keep himself in check, no matter how difficult that was.
              "Sure. It's on now," he said as he walked back to his seat.
              Feeling his breath on her neck made her shiver a little. Lois mentally chided herself to keep it together.
              "Thanks. Well, I'm ready now."
              Lex held his hand out for her. Lois was a little surprised by the intimate gesture, but took his hand anyway. The two made it to the elevator again with the same unavoidable silence following them.

"So, tomorrow we are both due back in Smallville," he said forcing himself to stare at the elevator buttons instead of her.
              "Yeah, it was a nice little vacation while it lasted," she said with similar restraint.
              "We haven't talked about how things will be when we return," he said as he turned to face her.
              Lois hated how he could always find a way to control the conversation and then look at her with that seductive stare. He really brought his A-game tonight.
              "How do you want things to be," she said as she leaned closer to him.
              Lex could feel himself close to kissing her right there put pushed the urge down. Instead he pushed a stray her from her face. He knew that move always got to women.
              "I would like to see you and maybe continue what we've started."
              Lois felt like her body would break from the sultry tone of his voice and the movement of his hand through her hair.
              "What is it that we've started, Mr. Luthor?" she said as she leaned in even closer to his mouth.
              It had become a game of chicken. Who would kiss the other first. Lex wasn't ready to admit defeat yet.
              "Hopefully a beginning of something very special," he said leaning closer to her mouth but never touching it.
              Lois had to move away from him. She knew she was about to make out with him right there.
              "Well, we will have to see how tonight goes in order for me to determine whether this is special or just..."
              "Or just what," he said moving closer to her.
              "Ummm...oh, look it's our floor," she said as she hurriedly moved out of the elevator.
              Lex smiled to himself. He won the first battle of the night. She was so close to kissing him right there. He also knew she probably had a few more tricks up her sleeve. He would have to stay focused.
              "There's no hurry Lois, we have all the time in the world," he said as he grabbed her hand once more.
              Lois could see the victorious grin on Lex's face. He may have won the battle but I'll win the war.
              "You're right, Lex. We have plenty of time," she said in low husky voice that made him blink twice. This would be a long night.
              Last edited by emily feist; 06-22-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Hey¡¡ I've been reading this fic since you started to write it and I really liked it, you actually make me changed the way of how I used to look this relationship, but now I actually love it, I couldn't send you any message because I dind't know how to become a user( I know 'silly') but I'm glad I could finally wrote you a message. Keep on writing because it's awesome¡¡¡

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to update soon. Check out the one-shot I posted until then.

Comment

Hey, just read it all, I'd like for you to try and come up with another one if you could. You're really good!

Comment

Hey this is pretty good--I never pictured Lex and Lois but your fic is making me a fan. Please post more, I'm excited to see where this is going!

PPMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by MRluvr; 10-11-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

This is by far the best Lexois I´ve read until now. I love reading and writing about our favourite billionaire and I´m certainly looking forward to an update. Great work!

Comment

Yeah, we need more good Lexois fics like this one!

Comment

Hey. Emily, have you dropped this one? It´d be a real shame to leave it unfinished because there are very few good Lexois fics out there.

Comment

This is really good!! the lexois pair has always intrigued me, they are mental and physical matches, they both know how to work what they have. This is great, I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Comment

OMG! This story is down right AMAZING!! You really need to keep writing! I just really love how you are writing this whole story.. its just amazing.... really amazing.. did I mention that it was amazing? lol Keep up the Super Work! CANT wait to read MORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎