Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JL Industries? Artemis Global Consortium? OK, I get it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JL Industries? Artemis Global Consortium? OK, I get it.

JL Industries = Justice League Industries.
    Artemis Global = Artemis was the Greek god of hunting and is associated with the bow and arrow.

Interesting.

Anyone else catch some sly references to other JLA members/comic book lore? I noticed that Chloe said Clark had some "amazing friends" at the end which sort of recalls the "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" tagline from the Marvel comics (cut SDK some slack. I know Superman is DC Comics and Spider-Man is Marvel, but I think he was just having fun). Oh, why did Chloe call Oliver "Mr. Queen"? They should be on a first name basis by now. He's been dating Chloe's cousin for months now and they've shared Thanksgiving dinner and I am sure many other social occasions.
    Last edited by Nospam; 01-19-2007, 09:48 AM.

JLI = Justice League International

Comment

Originally posted by Eh,Man?You-El?
      JLI = Justice League International
      Of course, but in the show the name was "JL Industries." That's all.

There was also a reference by Oliver to the Isle de something or other. Anyone know what that means exactly?

Comment

Artemis was a goddess, actually, but the rest was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticket2theMoon
          Artemis was a goddess, actually, but the rest was right.
          Yes, the daughter of Zeus and Leto and Apollo's twin. My bad. Got to give props to the lady gods, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
            Yes, the daughter of Zeus and Leto and Apollo's twin. My bad. Got to give props to the lady gods, you know.
            Only if she was hot. LOL - just kidding...not in the face!

Comment

There was also a reference by Oliver to the Isle de something or other. Anyone know what that means exactly?
              Ha! I thought I heard him say something about an island when he was talking to Lois at the end but my friends were talking too much, so I missed it... "stupid! stupid! stupid!"

Heres a no-brainer peice of advice that I chose to be a smartass and ignore:

NEVER invite SV-haters over for the biggest episode of the series!! ....EVER!!!

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but Artemis is a Wonder Woman reference. Diana is the Roman name for the Greek Goddes Artemis.

Artemis = Wonder Woman

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderWoman
                  I posted this in another thread, but Artemis is a Wonder Woman reference. Diana is the Roman name for the Greek Goddes Artemis.

Artemis = Wonder Woman
                  Then it's a dual reference because Artemis Global Consortium is a subsidiary of Queen Industries, Oliver Queen, aka the Green Arrow, CEO.

Comment

Obvious comic lore references, there were the codenames "Aquaman", "Cyborg", "Boy Scout" and "Impulse".

GA calling his base "The WatchTower". (the base of operations for the Justice League)

Bart forced to run in a circle; it reminded me of Barry Allen's (the 2nd Flash) shining moment in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Cyborg's eye glowing red.

I caught the "amazing friends" reference as well, but figured they meant "super friends" and didn't want to bash us over the head with references.

Comment

Then it's a dual reference because Artemis Global Consortium is a subsidiary of Queen Industries, Oliver Queen, aka the Green Arrow, CEO.
                      It's most definitely a dual reference in SV, but I don't recall Artemis Global Consortium ever being in GA mytho. I think it's SV just dropping in a hint of WW. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
                        Bart forced to run in a circle; it reminded me of Barry Allen's (the 2nd Flash) shining moment in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I caught the "amazing friends" reference as well, but figured they meant "super friends" and didn't want to bash us over the head with references.
                        What was Bart's shining moment? I haven't read Superman since '86. I should turn in my geek card.

I thought the amazing friends reference was a bit of fun by SDK. Like you say, no point in smashing us over the head with JLA references.

Comment

I think they just use amazing friends because "Super Friends" sounds so...blah.

Comment

What was Bart's shining moment? I haven't read Superman since '86. I should turn in my geek card.
                            By Barry's shining moment, I meant when he ran so fast around that conveyor-belt thingy in Crisis on Infinite Earths that he died, thus temporarily stopping the Anti-Monitor. But "shining moment" was easier to type.

Comment

Re: JL Industries? Artemis Global Consortium? OK, I get it.

JL Industries = Justice League Industries.
                              Artemis Global = Artemis was the Greek god of hunting and is associated with the bow and arrow.

Interesting.

Anyone else catch some sly references to other JLA members/comic book lore? I noticed that Chloe said Clark had some "amazing friends" at the end which sort of recalls the "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" tagline from the Marvel comics (cut SDK some slack. I know Superman is DC Comics and Spider-Man is Marvel, but I think he was just having fun). Oh, why did Chloe call Oliver "Mr. Queen"? They should be on a first name basis by now. He's been dating Chloe's cousin for months now and they've shared Thanksgiving dinner and I am sure many other social occasions.
                              "JL Industries" I got, but the Artemis Globle, I didn't get the reference.

"Amazing Friends", I didn't catch. I don't think they did that on purpose, just coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎