Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JL Industries? Artemis Global Consortium? OK, I get it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were still more references: Lex´ "Faster than a speeding bullet" and then in the barn Clark´s Superman stance... arms crossed, legs apart.

Comment

I'm surprised no one got up in arms about that faster than a speeding bullet comment since it was made about Bart. People were talking about "amazing friends" being an incorrect reference, but nothing about that being said about Bart. Maybe people are more forgiving of that one since it's at least the right comic universe? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
        Of course, but in the show the name was "JL Industries." That's all.

There was also a reference by Oliver to the Isle de something or other. Anyone know what that means exactly?
        Malteese Island I think, they were going to pick up another recruit there....

Comment

Not ENTIRELY obvious, but the mention of the guys heading off to the coast of Corto Maltese is a reference to the classic Batman graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns" This makes 2 DKR references in Smallville, the other being Bad Lex's "I want you to remember the one man who beat you." speech in Onyx.

Comment

The Corto Maltese Conflict

http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Corto_Maltese

Corto Maltese was originally a widely known Italian Comic, paid homage to by The Dark Knight returns (Batman the movie) and has been side-mentioned in other comics as an island off the coast of South America. DC Comics pays it's dues.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎