No announcement yet.

Season 2 finale speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 2 finale speculation

So now that it's come to the point in the show where we know what the demon has in store for out favorite Sammy-boy I decided to bring my up my own speculation about how I think the season finale's going to end. I think that now that Dean has made that "promise" in the most rescent episode to kill Sam if it ever comes to that, I think that Dean's not going to be able to do it and that Sammy's going to go "bad" like the others did and that in the new season instead of just the demon Dean's going to be facing off against Sam as one of the main "villans."

-Now that I've said what I think is going to happen I'd really love to hear what everyone else thinks will happen to our favorite underapreciated heroes.

Its not a bad speculation, actually its good stuff... and nothing personal, but I hope you're wrong.

I love the interaction they have now... don't want a season, or partial season, of brother against brother.

And if they did do as you spec'd, would part of the show be about Dean solving a case and the other part showing Sam being evil?? Doesn't seem like it work out too well, but ya never know... I guess if they could do it right, it might make for enjoyable television.

Comment

i have a feeling he'll be close to turning evil but dean will stop him somehow, and he'll end up being on dean's side for the war. then in the seasons to come there will always be a constant threat of sammy turning evil at any given time

Comment

i think the season finale could end maybe with sam getting stronger with his powers and have him be kidnapped like that ava girl. like the demon is starting to prepare them for war. and we find out who is the trader who i still think is Ash. And maybe have Dean start gathering followers to fight for his side. perhaps somehow get gordon on his side since gordon is a really good hunter. messed up in the head but still a good hunter. just make a deal where sam doesnt get hurt. of course all that starting to get followers and stuff will be season 3. then maybe season 3 can be the story of the demons. maybe even some flashbacks. the season 2 finale might also include some big revalations regarding what the demons are going to do about sam in order to kidnap him or something. i really dont want sam or dean to die cause you kill one then half the cast is gone. dean still made that deal in crossroad blues so we dont know how that will turn out. perhaps that will come into play at the end of the season.

if the war is coming soon i wonder if that means season 3 or 4 will be the last season. i hope not. hopefully they have to face a greater threat. but demons are pretty high up on the evilness meter. perhaps they find away to break the demons powers over the humans. i also wish that when this war comes they do something big like make a movie or made for tv movie. that would be great.

Comment

I think it's going to be based around the Promise as well.

My theory:
          Something will happen to Sam that will bring him close to turning evil (him getting involved with Ava and Ava being killed and Sam wanting to use his powers/kill the killer, or somesuch) or become convinced that he WILL turn evil (Ava turning evil and trying to turn him, perhaps) that results in a showdown between Sam and Dean.
          I picture Dean ending up pointing a gun at Sam and Sam begging Dean to do it, to kill him before he hurts someone (for the first time or again). Dean wavering, torn between what he knows needs to be done and what his heart tells him not to do. And it would end with Dean either firing off a shot or squeezing the trigger and then:
          the End!
          Total cliffhanger (c'mon, Kripke is known for being a magnificent bastard about cliffhangers!) where we wonder if Dean really did just shoot Sam and kill him or not.

Anyway, that's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
            I think it's going to be based around the Promise as well.

My theory:
            Something will happen to Sam that will bring him close to turning evil (him getting involved with Ava and Ava being killed and Sam wanting to use his powers/kill the killer, or somesuch) or become convinced that he WILL turn evil (Ava turning evil and trying to turn him, perhaps) that results in a showdown between Sam and Dean.
            I picture Dean ending up pointing a gun at Sam and Sam begging Dean to do it, to kill him before he hurts someone (for the first time or again). Dean wavering, torn between what he knows needs to be done and what his heart tells him not to do. And it would end with Dean either firing off a shot or squeezing the trigger and then:
            the End!
            Total cliffhanger (c'mon, Kripke is known for being a magnificent bastard about cliffhangers!) where we wonder if Dean really did just shoot Sam and kill him or not.

Anyway, that's what I think.
            That might actual be really cool. I just really, really hope that Sam does not turn completely evil. I agree with SVfan, the brother relationship makes the show and I don't want to see them against each other.

Also, I read an interview where the creators said that there was another big reveal coming, one that would explain why Sam was "chosen" to become a monster and why Dean was not, so that could play a big role in the last few episodes. Anyone else think it might have something to do with their Mom? In "Home" last season, she apologized to Sam, but we still don't know what for. Could it be that she knew his destiny all along?

*I just saw where this was discussed in another spoiler thread here...oops! But, it is still an intriguing part of the 2nd half of the season and could lead to big things in the finale. *

Oh, and Superhippie, I think a Supernatural movie is an excellent idea! I've been thinking that for a while now. I mean, they are making a 24 movie so why not SN?
            Last edited by chole_fan; 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
              That might actual be really cool. I just really, really hope that Sam does not turn completely evil. I agree with SVfan, the brother relationship makes the show and I don't want to see them against each other.

Also, I read an interview where the creators said that there was another big reveal coming, one that would explain why Sam was "chosen" to become a monster and why Dean was not, so that could play a big role in the last few episodes. Anyone else think it might have something to do with their Mom? In "Home" last season, she apologized to Sam, but we still don't know what for. Could it be that she knew his destiny all along?

*I just saw where this was discussed in another spoiler thread here...oops! But, it is still an intriguing part of the 2nd half of the season and could lead to big things in the finale. *

Oh, and Superhippie, I think a Supernatural movie is an excellent idea! I've been thinking that for a while now. I mean, they are making a 24 movie so why not SN?

Wow there sure is a lot of different speculation about what will happen. This is really cool to hear what everyone thinks will happen cause it just makes the suspense even more. I completely agree with you a supernatural movie would be awesome and competely cool.

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
                That might actual be really cool. I just really, really hope that Sam does not turn completely evil.
                I agree. I do NOT want to see Sam turn evil (at all, frankly). He's Sweetie Sam to me and I don't want him going 'darkside'. He can flirt with it but he better not cross the line!

And I know there is a lot of speculation that Sam will die but I can't see that happening. You don't kill one of the two leads of your show. You just don't (unless they want out of their contract, then it's pass the rocksalt!).

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  I agree. I do NOT want to see Sam turn evil (at all, frankly). He's Sweetie Sam to me and I don't want him going 'darkside'. He can flirt with it but he better not cross the line!

And I know there is a lot of speculation that Sam will die but I can't see that happening. You don't kill one of the two leads of your show. You just don't (unless they want out of their contract, then it's pass the rocksalt!).
                  If they kill Sam off, for whatever reason, might as well just cancel the show, cause it would never work again without that dynamic Winchester Brother combo.

That said, if the "Sam could turn evil" plotline lays in the background for the show's entire run - and SPN gets to end on its terms, and not the terms determined by bad ratings - I could see it ending with Dean needing to kill Sam to end the "humans vs demons" war forever. Or at least that could be a possible series-ending possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
                    If they kill Sam off, for whatever reason, might as well just cancel the show, cause it would never work again without that dynamic Winchester Brother combo.
                    I agree, I f they kill off Sam they might as wel just end the show. A LOT of people I know love the show best because of/when it focuses on the brothers.

Comment

I have to say that I would personally LOVE to see Sam turn evil. Obviously, they can't kill off half the cast, so if this does happen, Dean will end up not being able to fulfill his promise, and the two of them will be on opposite sides of the war. This would change the entire dynamic of the show, but in a very interesting way, I think.

I see the whole Sam-begs-Dean-to-kill-him scenario occuring towards the end of the series, and I'll agree that having Dean finally do it is a very plausible way to end the story once and for all. Obviously, once Sam (or Dean, for that matter) dies, there just is no more show, so if they do go that route it would have to be in a series finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookwrm17
                        I have to say that I would personally LOVE to see Sam turn evil. Obviously, they can't kill off half the cast, so if this does happen, Dean will end up not being able to fulfill his promise, and the two of them will be on opposite sides of the war. This would change the entire dynamic of the show, but in a very interesting way, I think.

I see the whole Sam-begs-Dean-to-kill-him scenario occuring towards the end of the series, and I'll agree that having Dean finally do it is a very plausible way to end the story once and for all. Obviously, once Sam (or Dean, for that matter) dies, there just is no more show, so if they do go that route it would have to be in a series finale.
                        This is the exact way i picture the finale and 3rd season with sam turning evil and dean not being able to kill him right away with them having to "face off" with each other during the 3rd season. when they do end the series it would be a good way to end it with dean finally killing sam but it would be so heartbreaking. I hope they find a less tragic way to end it.

Comment

i personally think the season finale would have Dean kill Sam. Then the next season they would find away to resurrect Sam and their father, which leads to them finally killing off the demon and start on a new subject. It'll be something along the lines of buffy the vampire slayer where the resurrection change both sam and their father.

Comment

they would NEVER kill sam. then u can kiss this show goodbye !!
                            don't get me wrong, i LOVEEEEE DEAN (UMM, AVI?!) but the thing i love most about this show is the brothers' relationship. and it would be so unrealistic for dean to kill sam. he could never do that. if he killed sam, he would probably kill himself right after. he could never live with himself. he would be all alone.

and if they resurrected them somehow, i would FLIP OUT. like dean said, someone dead should STAY DEAD. so putting his own word against him is retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by i love u tom
                              they would NEVER kill sam. then u can kiss this show goodbye !!
                              don't get me wrong, i LOVEEEEE DEAN (UMM, AVI?!) but the thing i love most about this show is the brothers' relationship. and it would be so unrealistic for dean to kill sam. he could never do that. if he killed sam, he would probably kill himself right after. he could never live with himself. he would be all alone.

and if they resurrected them somehow, i would FLIP OUT. like dean said, someone dead should STAY DEAD. so putting his own word against him is retarded.
                              exactly. that's exactly how I feel too.

I just can't see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎