Ratings for Justice

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justice was by far, the best episode this season but I will keep crying because Justin Hartley had to leave (ericarox14 cries)! [/B]
    In TV Guide G&M stated that, depending on how Justice went (it went GREAT), we might see either just Oliver or the whole JLA back for the season finale!

So, with Justice having pulled in the ratings it did- looks like we might have one super heroic season finale yet! "He (GA) might show up in the last couple of episodes [of the season]."

Comment

The promotion sucked it didnt even mention the title of the episode! lol Had th CW commercials actually said "The Justice League on Smallville!" (much like how they did when the promoted the solo-DC-heroes episodes) it probably would have caught more people's attention.

Comment

The success of this episode then bodes well for next week's episode, I should think and since that one looks like a winner, SV may be able to carry its momentum all the way until Trespass.

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
          Meh. They were just okay.

Last season this episode wouldve gotten 6.5 or something.
          Last season they were still on The WB and had a higher number of households available.

Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
          The promotion sucked it didnt even mention the title of the episode! lol Had th CW commercials actually said "The Justice League on Smallville!" (much like how they did when the promoted the solo-DC-heroes episodes) it probably would have caught more people's attention.
          What? Because it didn't mention "The Justice League" it sucked? They promoted this episode better than just about any episode ever. Maybe even better than Reckoning. Advanced reviews, 12-minute previews, promos airing just about every time you turn around on The CW? What more could you ask for? A measly thing like "The Justice League" wouldn't have made a difference, and the numbers were already the best of the season. Once again, we're on The CW now, we have less households to deal with. The ratings are quite a bit higher than any other episode this season.

Let's not be picky just because it didn't hit 6 million. That is a lofty goal that probably won't happen unless The CW gets more networks across the country in places where they don't get it.
          Last edited by MidgardDragon; 01-19-2007, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
            What? Because it didn't mention "The Justice League" it sucked? They promoted this episode better than just about any episode ever. Maybe even better than Reckoning. Advanced reviews, 12-minute previews, promos airing just about every time you turn around on The CW? What more could you ask for? A measly thing like "The Justice League" wouldn't have made a difference, and the numbers were already the best of the season. Once again, we're on The CW now, we have less households to deal with. The ratings are quite a bit higher than any other episode this season.

Let's not be picky just because it didn't hit 6 million. That is a lofty goal that probably won't happen unless The CW gets more networks across the country in places where they don't get it.
            Yeah for a Justice League episode, the commercials did not cut it. For a SV viewer like yourself and I, we know the coolness of what the commercial hints at but I get the feeling that a normal veiwer would have no clue that this episode marks the first hints of the Justice League.

And really the goal should have been to draw in DC and just plain comic fanatics alike. Instead the marketing was generally only for us SV viewers. This was a case where actually saying the words Justice League would have cause a lot of hype in the comic world and probably even a front cover to WIZARD lol

Don't get me wrong though, the episode was awsome and did well...but it should have done great. But like you've already posted, the CW isn't available to everyone ...not even nationwide! ...nor online for that matter which is pretty stupid seeing how the CW is mostly owned by Paramount and Time Warner which owns AOL which supports and helps provide online shows on CBS....lol sorry had to gripe

Comment

I agree. Hydro was promoted more than Justice...

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                I agree. Hydro was promoted more than Justice...
                So, where was the 12-minute preview for Hydro? Or the several advance reviews posted on K-site? And magazine articles?

Why are people even complaining about this? There *was* a lot of promotion, and the show *did* pull off the best ratings of S6.

Comment

Why are people even complaining about this? There *was* a lot of promotion, and the show *did* pull off the best ratings of S6. [/B]

I agree. I don't know why some are still complaining about the lack of promotion or comparing ratings from season 5. I thought it did quite well. The 6 million viewers aren't likely to happen on CW unless Smallville moves to a bigger network.

Comment

Time Warner and Paramount denied certain cities the CW in which they prominently recieved very low ratings for UPN and WB.

There *was* a lot of promotion, and the show *did* pull off the best ratings of S6.
                    Which isnt saying much...

Whats worse is that after Arrow recieved the lowest ratings of the "hero episodes" by not having extra commercials (which were obviously necessary), they did the same exact thing for Justice. The other DC superhero eppys featured extra commercials along with a shout of the hero's future codename and a few seconds of a freeze frame featuring a screen with the comic book font logo of the character's codename. Now thats how promotional commericials should be done! And the results reflected.

Comment

Which isnt saying much...
                      You admit that The WB and UPN did not put The CW in every market, but then go on to say that pulling off the best ratings of the season isn't saying much? Just look at the fact that Smallville is still The CW's number 2 (#1 when ANTM isn't on) show. Clearly since it's so popular, if it had more markets, we'd get more numbers.

I swear people will complain about ratings no matter how well they do. And clearly you just wanted a certain type of commercial, and I'm glad that The CW didn't promote it that way. If you want that commercial, fire up Windows Movie Maker and create it.

Comment

"Justice" ratings are in!

5.2 million viewers. Most viewers this season and in awhile. I hope the viewers stay so that SV can get the recogntion that it deserves for being an awesome show. Mabye, now, theyll be thinking of giving us a Green Arrow or JLA spin-off in the near future. Evene mabye a Flash spin-off would be sweet. Heres hoping : ) Anyone else happy?

Comment

i just hope they bring back the jl team again maybe as a season finale...?

Comment

^5 to Smallville.
                            That is a real step up.

Me am happy.

Comment

I thought the ratings were great. No matter what happens people are going to complain, we didn't get 6 mil but with CW as said it doesn't cover as much as WB used to. The high ratings should help bring in more viewers for next week(hopefully).

Comment

The ratings were great and it just goes to show how well Smallville can do when it gets the right promotion. Smallville is a success on the CW and all this bickering about numbers when comparing to previous seasons is pointless. Everyone knows that the CW does not have the same number of outlets that the WB had-case closed-you can't compare. What you can debate is the numbers for each episode this season and critique why each one did the ratings they did. Justice was high because the promotion was there and many magazines are boasting how good Smallville is.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎