Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? hate it? what did you think of Justice?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gosh! One of the Greatest Episodes. I love this one. Finally after all those clues about JLA..... Justice Rocks!

Comment

• This is still my favourite ever espiode of Smallville. Gave it a 9/10

Comment

• It was a very good episode but not on my top.Liked how they all came back,the plot was tight and lex was the villan

Comment

• Easily one of the best if not the best episode of Smallville. It's one of those episodes that just flows from the beginning to the end.

Well while "Justice" has a slow steady start it becomes more complex as it progresses. And progress is actually made by actions not characters at the end which I think is so cool considering it's a weekly tv-series and not an action movie. Loved every character onscreen from Clark, Bart, Oliver to Lois, Lionel, Lex...this was Lex's one of the best villain-episodes where he was serious, threatening and funny all in one.

While Clark had very little to do he had funny scenes with Bart while they went to Mexico (offscreen but the "I can still blink pretty fast" was hilarious...Clark told Bart the same in S4 "Run".) Steven S. DeKnight directed both episodes so it wasn't hard for him to figure out the chemistry between the characters. Clark was a bit too serious and had to be rescued but he redeemed himself by saving Bart, getting the Boy Scout codename and making a last check before the Justice League made their slow-mo walk out of the 33.1 plant as it exploded at the backround. Very cliched but oh how it worked so well and was AWESOME!!

The whole plant seguence with all it's action was superb. I loved the whole planning scene in Oliver's clocktower appartment. Even the breakup with Lois was heartbreakingly good and all in all gave Justin Hartley a good farewell until season 7's cool episode "Siren".

Liked how Lionel covered Clark and the episode showed them as friends even if they don't know eachothers agendas to a tee.

10 from me! This is what Smallville is all about!

Comment

• If there is the highlight of the 6th season, it was this episode of Justice where we saw all of the past DCU heroes that Clark encountered coming together. This was Steven DeKnight's masterpiece as he wrote and directed this one. This was also the first episode that Lana did not appear in and it's for the better. The relationship among the heroes was well-portrayed while they're trying to rescue Bart.

The first half of the episode was Clark and Bart reconnecting while the second half involves all of the heroes coming together to rescue him from Lex. This also marks Chloe becoming Watchtower for the group. One must wonder what it would be like to have a Justice League spin-off based on this group and in the SV universe.

Comment

• It was good

Comment

• i just watched the whole series from season 1, and i still have to say this is my favorite episode... i just go crazy when they bring back people, i think its one of the things that makes smallville as great as it does,

Comment

• Awesome!

One of the better episodes of S6.

Comment

• This ep had such a great feeling, like SV was finally finding its footing about what kind of show it was. One about superheroes.

Comment

• Originally posted by hadezown
                      This ep had such a great feeling, like SV was finally finding its footing about what kind of show it was. One about superheroes.
                      I agree. The episode was incredible and one of the reasons I decided to stick to the show's finale to see how it was going to end.

Comment

• I loved this episode and it remains one of my favorites. It was really fun having all that eye candy in an action-oriented episode. And the hero shot after the explosives went off? Excellent. Close up on, Clark? No problemo, he is FINE.
                        Last edited by Raistlin; 09-12-2011, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
                          Talk about your opinions of Justice here.

This episode is one of my favorites.their team work was pretty amazing.
                          Justice Harltey is better than tom welling.

.................................................. ...............

Comment

• Great fun episode that gave fans a taste of could happen in the future. It's like the Avengers of Smallville. (but even better cuz it's the JLA ) I get chills everytime I see the heroes walk away from the explosion. Great shot!

10 out of frikkin 10

Comment

One of the most watchable episodes of the series. A coherent plot, links to ongoing storylines, a collective purpose, a proactive Clark (even if Oliver again accuses him of sitting on his a**e at one point), real reasons for Chloe, Lois, Lex and Lionel to be in the episode, a bit of relationship development (or un-development depending on how you look at things) and a smattering of humour.

That last point is where Bart comes in. He always has that mischievious glint in his eye much like his more famous cartoon namesake, a propensity to skirt around direct questions about whatever he's up to, and a fair dose of charm. It makes him such a likeable character though.

Comment

• An episode, two years in the making. This episode was written and directed by Steven S. DeKnight, who also wrote "Run", the first of the episodes that introduced the members of the team. It's also Lana-free. Which is not only a plus, as we don't have to put up with her for the episode, but it also means less characters DeKnight had to write for and could be more focused on the actual plot.

It's nice that they're using characters we've already met, so they won't have to introduce 3-4 brand-new DC heroes. However, it would've been nice to see Oliver's team have one member, that Clark hasn't met in the past. Clark didn't have any involvement in the recruitment. Yet, Oliver's only recruited people that Clark's familiar with.

While the episode's called "Justice", the season 11 comic establishes that this (at this point) unnamed team is actually the "Watchtower Network" and not the Justice League. Meaning whatever line-up they'd go with is acceptable. People can be quite obsessed with the Justice League having seven specific members (i.e. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and the Flash), despite there having been plenty of line-ups in the comics. But, no one can say what line-up the Watchtower Network (an original group) should have. I just wish they had been a bit clearer that this wasn't the Justice League. Of course, it probably wouldn't have mattered. You have a group of heroes showing up in a DC shows and many viewers will automatically call it the "Justice League", no matter what.

On the subject of suits. they're a nice break from the leather heavy Arrowverse. They were probably a lot easier for the actors to wear too. You know, Grant Gustin can't just pull off his mask, whenever he wants to (and, apparently, the first one he wore gave him headaches) and there's a different mask, when it's in "off-mode". The suits were quite believable as early proto-suits (Oliver gets some updates, as the show progresses and then goes full body armor in season 11). You know, they've just gotten started. And the reason they've gotten started is 33,1. and the mission has to take priority over coming up with a perfect suit. Furthermore, from an in-universe perspective, they might not be certain (at this point) if they'll continue with this whole "superhero" thing, after Lex and 33,1 have been taken down. Or if they'd stop and just return to their normal lives (with the suits collecting dust in some box or thrown away). So, why would they devote a ridiculous amount of energy on the suits at this point?
                                Last edited by jon-el87; 10-11-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎