Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois, Lana, Chloe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ The writers have screwed with the Lana character, but she is the female lead, and does deserve plot, and screentime, but they have done a 180 with Lana, but it doesn't mean she has to be insane, and that she isn't strong

Comment

Originally posted by Georgie
      And they don't use her way too much, she's the female lead. They are supposed to give her storylines.
      Trust me, they use her WAY TOO MUCH! I think saying that the SV universe revolves around Lana BECAUSE she is the lead character is simply backing up the SV writer's weak writing skills. Lead character means you are the epicenter of the main plot to a show, not the vessel by which the plot moves along for 5 seasons straight....

Originally posted by RobynAdele0406
      ^^ I don't think she meant use as in they put her in scenes. I think she means use as in... oh that guy is just using that girl. Or something like that.
      Oh.... well, still, its true...
      Last edited by Cyckness; 05-24-2006, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyckness
        Trust me, they use her WAY TOO MUCH! I think saying that the SV universe revolves around Lana BECAUSE she is the lead character is simply backing up the SV writer's weak writing skills. Lead character means you are the epicenter of the main plot to a show, not the vessel by which the plot moves along for 5 seasons straight....

Oh.... well, still, its true...
        She ahsn't even been in all of the episodes, and had very little screen time in a few. Did you ever think that maybe if Clark got the balls to tell her his secret, she would have more meaningful scenes to others?

Comment

Georgie, I didn't mean to turn this into a Lana discussion, and I just meant to say that while she is the female lead, they use her too much even for that.

Lost is another show with lots of characters, and they too have a female lead, not everything revolves around her.

If someone introduced this show to me with any episode from seasons four or five, and still said the show revolved around Clark, I would have accused them of lying to my face.

The thing is, they throw so much at Lana, that's it's hard to believe that she can handle it all.

That doesn't make her strong. That makes her a scapegoat. "What can we do with this episode? Oh, I know! Let's center it around Lana, because we can never use her too much!"

In earlier seasons, she was what I would consider a normale character, that was used in a healthy ammount of times. But now it seems the show is focusing on her, instead of Clark becoming the Superman we all know and love.

Comment

Originally posted by hottietom
            Georgie, I didn't mean to turn this into a Lana discussion, and I just meant to say that while she is the female lead, they use her too much even for that.

Lost is another show with lots of characters, and they too have a female lead, not everything revolves around her.

If someone introduced this show to me with any episode from seasons four or five, and still said the show revolved around Clark, I would have accused them of lying to my face.

The thing is, they throw so much at Lana, that's it's hard to believe that she can handle it all.

That doesn't make her strong. That makes her a scapegoat. "What can we do with this episode? Oh, I know! Let's center it around Lana, because we can never use her too much!"

In earlier seasons, she was what I would consider a normale character, that was used in a healthy ammount of times. But now it seems the show is focusing on her, instead of Clark becoming the Superman we all know and love.
            Agree to disagree?

Comment

She ahsn't even been in all of the episodes, and had very little screen time in a few. Did you ever think that maybe if Clark got the balls to tell her his secret, she would have more meaningful scenes to others?
              I sort of get your first point. But, whenever she is in the show, I never feel like I'm watching a real person interact like I do with Chloe, Lois, Lex, Lionel, etc. She's never there to develop her own character. She's always there just to have "something" done to her, or to move along the plot. Again, she's a tool in the hands of unskilled writers.

So you think Clark should tell Lana his secret? THAT would mar Clark's personality, and ruin Superman canon in the process. But, I wouldn't put it past the SV writers to make it happen in the coming season(s)...

Comment

Georgie, agreed.

Comment

^^ Haven't they already ruined the Superman cannon?

Comment

^^ Haven't they already ruined the Superman cannon?
                    Yes, they screwed it up royally. But it would break my heart if they did it even more.

Oh, and I agree with The Godmother's statement.

Comment

And if nobody knows who he's talking about, I'm the Godmother.

Comment

*votes Chloe*

Icon

Comment

Cool, so we agree to disagree

Comment

Now, I don't think I ever gave my actual opinion on who is stronger. If I have, sue me.

Without a doubt, it's Chloe. She has gone through her parents divorcing, Clark breaking her heart repeatedly, and finding out her family has a history of mental illness.

Yet, she still stays strong. She worked the Torch, she showed what a worthy reporter she is, and she got herself that job at the DP.

She's a great role model. Put up all three SMV ladies on screen, and tell me if they are great role models or not.

Here is Lois. She got kicked out of college (I think that's what happened, if not please correct me), drinks, and is quite rude. Role model material to me? I think not.

Here is Lana. In the first couple of seasons, she might have been qualified, but not now. Now, she is going behind people's backs (AKA The whole hiding the stones), yet turns around and accuses others of doing the same thing. A hypocrite (sp?) is not a role model. One last thing that really ticked me off was that in Vessel, when she went to meet Lex, she completely ignored everyone around her that was being attacked. She didn't even try to help. Is that a role model? I think not.

Then you look at my points from earlier.

It's no contest.

Chloe is the only character on SMV that I think has ever had solid character development. (I am so sorry, I can't spell ) Chloe has been attacked by FOTWs, yes. She has been possessed by a witch, yes. But, she has actually been written in a way that I can believe she is strong enough to over come it.
                            Last edited by hottietom; 05-26-2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Lana for me!!!

Comment

Lana got votes? You got to be kidding me! Sure, she went through the most, I'll give her that. But look at the result, a little needy and paranoid girl that obsessed with secrets and lies when she has quite a few of her own.

I love Chloe, the writers dont give her enough credit, they just put her behind a computer every time Clark needs to look something up. Hasn't he ever heard of Google? I'm not a chlark fan, but I wouldnt mind it happening at this point. Clark has to see how many times Chloe has proved herself to be a friend worthy of his trust. But yet she gets burned whenever she doesnt do something that turns out good for Clark.

I like Lois, and I wonder where everyone has been when they say she hasnt done anything to deserve, anything. After a lifetime of being dragged around the world by her military father, her mother dying and Lois being forced to grow up so she can look after her sister, not having someone she could talk to most of her life, or having a general instead of a father, I think it will get to anyone's head. The way I see it, Lois is entitled to yell at the top of her lungs "SCREW THE WORLD!!!!"

In a physical fight, I say Chloe and Lois should take turns kicking lana's ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎