• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects

What did you think?

How was the water girl shown?
    Were certain powers shown differently?

Post your thoughts here.

The only special effect i would enjoy seeing is clark using his freeze breathe to freeze water lady and then smash her. yes we saw something similar to that in season 1 with ice man and shower girl but i would enjoy seeing her being water and swirling around and clark freezes her while half water and half human then smash.

I think if we see any arrow special effects they will be cool cause they always are. like bullet effects but not as overused.

Comment

I think this is a great opportunity to introduce freeze breath as well, superhippie. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love it if it did. It's one of those powers that's tied-to-another power, such as telescopic vision, so we don't have to have a whole episode to introduce it (just like we didn't have to have a whole episode to introduce telescopic vision).

ETA: The only potential problem I see is how will Clark know he has the ability? Perhaps we can see him try everything (heat vision just makes her boil, nothing big, super speed she collapses into water, super-strength punch she turns into water and he's just punching water, then he blows and she is blown back and splashes against the wall in a big splash, but gets right back up, finally he purses his lips tighter and blows again, she starts to collapse into water but in slow-mo we see her turning into icicles that fall onto the floor and shatter.)
      Last edited by MidgardDragon; 01-11-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Much better than the Director's cut!

L Lake (bad pun, Water Woman=Lake)

Comment

Ha, Clark didn't even fight her. He didn't even really know about her, that's different. It certainly was cool, it's been a long time since Chloe's got a proper beatdown. And she went all Kung-Fu at the end. I went "Holy Sh*t!" when I saw her flip Linda into Lana's car.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
            Ha, Clark didn't even fight her. He didn't even really know about her, that's different. It certainly was cool, it's been a long time since Chloe's got a proper beatdown. And she went all Kung-Fu at the end. I went "Holy Sh*t!" when I saw her flip Linda into Lana's car.
            Same here. When Chloe pulled the light out of the ground I said. " So thats how they're going to kill her. Stabbing her" Then "BAM" she gets flipped into the car.

Comment

i thought that the special effects with tory spelling/linda lake would have been better . it looked really fake.

Comment

I liked the scene in the Talon bathroom.

Comment

I liked the scenes with Linda turning into and out of water. There weren't very many but it certainly looked cool especially the beggining when she pulled that guy into the fountain to drown him.

Comment

Originally posted by darkraya
                    i thought that the special effects with tory spelling/linda lake would have been better . it looked really fake.
                    We have absolutely no real life comparison of what a woman turning into water would look like, how could it look fake? This is the most common special effects gripe used, and I never hear any real justification for it. Back in 1978 we believe Christopher Reeve could fly even though it still had a very fake quality about it. Is the world so jaded that realistic looking CGI "looks too fake"?

(Not harping on you, personally, I just don't see the problem with it.)

Comment

not too many effects in this episode but my biggest effects gripe is the Daily planet when they use the stock shot close up of the globe the texture map for the top windows seems to pixalate i'm sure that they could sort that out surely. Its not used in this ep but if you look through series five you'll see it. generally though the visuals on Smallville are excellent given that thay only have a limited time, money and manpower to do it.

Comment

And the harbor in Metropolis in the opening scene.
                        Isn't Kansas landlocked?

It must have been the Gulf of Oklahoma :lol

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎