TV Ratings for Subterranean

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The word "detoriorating" was used for a reason. They even compared the episode airing around this time from last season, it was said to be "Healthy."

It's not about the CW reaching as much viewers as the WB did, if that was the case then why is it that ANTM is hitting the 5.5+ million mark? Why is OTH is doing alot better than it did when it was still The WB?

Fact is, people are not tuning in and those ratings reflects that.

Comment

also, this wasn't advertised that much, it was considered a filler, the trailer didnt make it look like it was a big episode. last year the 9th episode followed the same form with a three week break from solitude. but that episode was Lexmas, it was a holiday episode it fit in more witht he timing and it was a lot better than this one, and makes sense that it attracted more viewers, if the ratings dont go up for episodes 10-13 which sound amazing, then theres some problems

Comment

Okay, this is worst. I hope Hydro repairs the damage that has been done!

Comment

Let's not over-interpret that.
          It's almost christmas, there was a 2-week break before 'sub' and there will be almost a month afterwards, no one is fading...

Comment

Final Ratings Thursday Dec 7th

Smallville 4.31 million, 1.7/5 (18-49 share), 1.8/5 (25-54 share)

Rating Link

Season 6 Week-to-Week Comparison

9/28 Zod.....................4.96 million*
            10/05 Sneeze...............4.52*
            10/12 Wither................4.88*
            10/19 Arrow.................4.71*
            10/26 Reunion..............4.79*
            11/02 Fallout................5.01*
            11/09 Rage...................4.46*
            11/16 Static..................4.70*
            12/07 Subterranean........4.31*

* Final ratings
            Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 12-09-2006, 10:58 AM.

Comment

^Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Absentee

It's not about the CW reaching as much viewers as the WB did, if that was the case then why is it that ANTM is hitting the 5.5+ million mark? Why is OTH is doing alot better than it did when it was still The WB?

Those shows reach a diffrent demographic than SV. SV is geared towards 18-49 males. While ANTM and OTH are geared towards 18-49 females. Also ANTM was a UPN show, from what I remember UPN was worse off than WB always in last place, ALWAYS. For ANTM to move to the CW would increase its overall viewership, same as all UPN shows. Besides SV lost a key demo 18-49 females, who loved the Clana storyline. They've moved on to OTH , ANTM, Greys Anatomy, even Ugly Betty. Not that Clana was the sole reason, its just one of the reasons.

Comment

Interesting...
                  Jan/Feb will be interesting then, I guess...

Comment

LOL, no wonders theyre pimping Clana so much.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone watches this show solely for Clana.

Which doesn't exist any more.

Comment

I think that instead of being one sole problem, there are a few that have caused Smallville to post the lower ratings. It's probably a combination of the 2 week gap, the change of networks, and whatever else you can think up.

Comment

I think the ratings pretty accurately reflect the quality of this episode. There was a reason this thing was buried.

Bad show, bad ratings. Works for me.

Comment

I think the drop in ratings was because of the two week break...and because of 'Static'.

Comment

I apologize

I happen to view Subterraean for a second time i have to admit it was pretty good i especially like the end when Lex is collecting his army of freaks from level 33.1.I think that is what he is going to do use these poor experiments of his sinister plan.poor Lana if only she wait on clark to come around she would not have ended up w a belly full of lex (or braniac)As i saw the preview for the next episode she can't give him a anwser yet;because maybe she is having flash bks Clark asked her first.Despite her still loving him he has made so many sacrficies for her (including his beloved father Jonathon.

Comment

Final ratings..Subterranean......4.3 million viewers.
                                1.1 million diference from last year

85 Gilmore Girls CW 4.81
                                86 Justice FOX 4.48
                                87 Day Break ABC 4.46
                                88 7th Heaven CW 4.39
                                89 Smallville CW 4.31
                                90 One Tree Hill CW 4.24
                                91 Friday Night Smackdown CW 4.09
                                92 Reba CW 3.91

I dont know about promotion for GG but look the ratings they got.. and wow, 7th heaven did better this time than SVL.. and OTH, well theyre this close - to sending SVL to the 4th place in the CW.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎