Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings for Subterranean

Over at NBC, two original episodes of My Name Is Earl averaged an improved 10.06 million viewers with a 4.3/12 among adults 18-49 from 8-9 p.m. Two episodes of Fox’s struggling ‘Til Death (repeat and original) had a slight advantage over the CW’s fading Smallville in total viewers (‘Til Death: 4.81 million, Smallville: 4.48 million). Both were tied among adults 18-49, with a 1.8/ 5 in the demo.

I don't know where he got the idea Smallville is "fading"

The show took a few weeks off and I'm sure many didn't have a clue that there was going to be a new episode last night.

The previous episode did 4.7 so I thought that getting a 4.48 was a decent number

Comment

From MediaWeek's Programming Insider:

-Disappointing:
      Smallville (CW), Supernatural (CW)

Fourth in the overnights was the CW’s deteriorating Smallville (3.3/ 5). Comparably, Smallville averaged a healthier 4.0/ 6 in the overnights on the WB on the year-ago evening.

- Total overnight viewership 4.48 million

- LINK

Comment

I agree. After 2 weeks off, I thought the ratings were pretty good.

I expect the ratings to go up after the hiatus too. That preview now has 5 weeks to build up some hype for the second half of the season. Hopefully it works.

Comment

And considering they are showing 4 'Hero' episodes (Run, Cyborg one week, then Arrow, Aqua the next) for the two weeks before Hydro, maybe that'll help, didn't those get good ratings last year?

Comment

The overnights are awful.

Comment

Here are what the first runs of these episode did.

Run........5.41 mil
              Aqua.......6.4 mil
              Cyborg.....6.24 Mil
              Arrow......4.71 mil

Will they drawn in viewers again? Hopefully!!

Comment

It sucks that they had to move to the CW, I mean look at the difference between season 5 and 6!! Is it because not everyone who had the WB has the CW??

Comment

No. Its because the show sucks now.

Comment

Wow I didnt think that there was that many people who actually watched the show. SWEET!

Comment

I really don't believe that its because the show sucks, I mean thats almost 1.5 million viewer difference (I suck at math LOL)... so it can't be that drastic a change just because certain people think it sucks.. it has to be cause of networks...

Comment

Why? OTH, VM, ANTM, theyre all doing better.

Really guys, if you see last years ratings after Reckoning, they sucked back then too.

Comment

Doesn't seem like it to me... Cyborg was after Reckoning wasn't it? And it had above 6Mil... Run which was before it had above 5Mil, so the ratings went up after Reckoning.

Oh well.

Comment

i know it definitley is because of the CW, they don't reach a lot of people they said in an article i believe in tv guide a couple of weeks ago that less households have the CW compared to having the WB last year. All the UPN shows are doing better while the WB shows have worse ratings. Look at 7th heaven too their ratings are worse than last year. The only one of the WB shows that are doing beter is one tree hill

Comment

I think in part is because of the two week gap - it could've worked for or against them. The *other* shows (UBetty etc) had new episodes on Thanksgiving and last week, by this week *people* aren't expecting to see new episodes (besides the ones that run through the hiatus - 24, The Closer, and Monk and Dead Zone to some extent - not through winter hiatus, but spring). Again - it could've worked in their favor if they advertised more and maybe showed the episodes the week after Thanksgiving if they weren't going to show them the week of Thanksgiving.

I also understood it that the CW didn't reach as many as WB also -so really, the numbers should be based on how many viewers the CW actually reaches and not such a general number -more people get FOX than they do CW.

Their advertising department could do with some tuning too.....
                              Last edited by lexs&os; 12-08-2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎