No announcement yet.

Squees For Chlark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMF
    Jimmy plays two types of fool in this episode. He's the genuine kind when he's talking about pepperoni pizza, but he is at other times a sort of "wise fool" who unconsciously says things the audience knows to be true. He says Chloe has an amazing guardian angel (true) and tells Clark they're "bros not foes" (canonically true if not yet true in SV). His "madly in love" observation could fall into the latter category rather than the former.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking in that scene other than that Jimmy was peculiar and behaving really inappropriately.
    I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by RMF
      Jimmy plays two types of fool in this episode. He's the genuine kind when he's talking about pepperoni pizza, but he is at other times a sort of "wise fool" who unconsciously says things the audience knows to be true. He says Chloe has an amazing guardian angel (true) and tells Clark they're "bros not foes" (canonically true if not yet true in SV). His "madly in love" observation could fall into the latter category rather than the former.
      Great observaton, RMF ! I thought the same thing about him. He's kinda like a silly sage. thru his naivety he can still see profound truths.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSullivan
        Its subjective, to me Subterranean was a clear indication that Chlark is coming. Jimmy's words "madly in love with you" was no accident, the writers put it in there for a reason. It makes the audience aware, it's a glowing neon sign. THEN, we have Chloe saying the Chlark relationship is "anchored at bay" (something like that) rather than "the ship has sailed" is another point in the Chlark column.

Chlark was foreshadowed IMO and I'm betting on Feb Sweeps we will know more on where Chlark stands on both sides, since we don't know...The Kiss hasn't been addressed properly.
        Yes! exactly! GO Chlark!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its subjective, to me Subterranean was a clear indication that Chlark is coming. Jimmy's words "madly in love with you" was no accident, the writers put it in there for a reason. It makes the audience aware, it's a glowing neon sign. THEN, we have Chloe saying the Chlark relationship is "anchored at bay" (something like that) rather than "the ship has sailed" is another point in the Chlark column.

Chlark was foreshadowed IMO and I'm betting on Feb Sweeps we will know more on where Chlark stands on both sides, since we don't know...The Kiss hasn't been addressed properly.
          ITA!

Comment

I pretty much agree with you... you totally read my mind!!!
            GO CHLARK!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanStray
              "Chlark" is a figment of some teenage girl's imagination.

She and Clark romantically are like water and oil...They just don't mix. Although she does make an excellent Robin to his Batman.

I think we all know who takes Clark's breath away...See the Blank episode for further reinforcement.

In summary: Chloe + Clark = Platonic Friends
              Yes, it is true that Lana has been Clark's #1 obsession, but he also has been torn between Lana and Chloe since the beginning. Season 1 showed us that he cared deeply for both Chloe and Lana; unfortunately, in season 2, Clark made his choice and left poor Chloe in the dust, BUT he still showed that he had feelings for her. Case and point: In "Lineage," when Chloe says that her mom made her feel like she was not good enough to love, Clark immediately grabbed her hand and said "don't ever think that." He definitley showed the viewers that he still cared for her. Also, the episode where Lana and Chloe were both dating Ian Randall, Clark showed BLATANT jealousy when he saw Chloe with Ian.
              These are just a couple of examples from season 2. Also, after season 2, did you notice that the writers and producers of the show never introduced Chloe to a new love interest until season 6? They did that on purpose, because they didn't want to explore the CHLARK romance. The CHLARK was put on HOLD. I think that is very interesting that they decided to pair Chloe with Jimmy Olsen right after the "Vessel" kiss. I guess they're saving the BEST FOR LAST

I'll admit that in season 3, his feelings for Chloe were more platonic; however, in season 4, there were hints that he was at least still attracted to Chloe. The elevator scene in "Bound" said it all. Clark looked like he was going to kiss her.

Now season 5 showed us his feelings for her changing. Clark may have not developed romantic feelings for her at that point, BUT he saw her in a different light. Episodes like "Tomb," "Thirst," and "Solitude" proved to us that Clark still cared for Chloe deeply. Of course, the season finale and the sixth season premiere provided the ULTIMATE PROOF that his feelings have changed. First of all, in "Vessel," when Chloe kissed Clark, he kissed her back, which has never happened except when he was on red k. Secondly, in "Zod," he OBVIOUSLY WANTED A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHLOE. He looked confused and upset when she brushed off the kiss. Also, did you notice how he was holding her by the waist? It was almost as if he was waiting for another passionate embrace. Of course, his jealousy was the most apparent when Jimmy Olsen interrupted their conversation.

Season 6 has showed too many OBVIOUS signs for a CHLARK ROMANCE in the future. Also, IMO, the CHLARK relationship is the most IMPORTANT relationship on the show. They are always there for each other and will do just about anything for one another. The BEST relationships are the ones where the couple begins as friends; have'nt you ever heard the phrase "Friends before Lovers?" For the producers to not fully explore CHLARK would be an injustice to ALL of the fans of SV, because Chloe has helped shape Clark Kent into eventually becoming Superman, IMO. The viewers need to see their awesome relationship explored to the fullest. Chloe loves and supports Clark UNCONDITIONALLY, and I am so gald that Clark is FINALLY realizing what an AMAZING woman she is I, for one, am glad that the writers saved the BEST FOR LAST, because IT WILL BE "WORTH THE WAIT!"

In summary Chloe + Clark = LOVE

Comment

• Originally posted by chlark=destiny
                Yes, it is true that Lana has been Clark's #1 obsession, but he also has been torn between Lana and Chloe since the beginning. Season 1 showed us that he cared deeply for both Chloe and Lana; unfortunately, in season 2, Clark made his choice and left poor Chloe in the dust, BUT he still showed that he had feelings for her. Case and point: In "Lineage," when Chloe says that her mom made her feel like she was not good enough to love, Clark immediately grabbed her hand and said "don't ever think that." He definitley showed the viewers that he still cared for her. Also, the episode where Lana and Chloe were both dating Ian Randall, Clark showed BLATANT jealousy when he saw Chloe with Ian.
                These are just a couple of examples from season 2. Also, after season 2, did you notice that the writers and producers of the show never introduced Chloe to a new love interest until season 6? They did that on purpose, because they didn't want to explore the CHLARK romance. The CHLARK was put on HOLD. I think that is very interesting that they decided to pair Chloe with Jimmy Olsen right after the "Vessel" kiss. I guess they're saving the BEST FOR LAST

I'll admit that in season 3, his feelings for Chloe were more platonic; however, in season 4, there were hints that he was at least still attracted to Chloe. The elevator scene in "Bound" said it all. Clark looked like he was going to kiss her.

Now season 5 showed us his feelings for her changing. Clark may have not developed romantic feelings for her at that point, BUT he saw her in a different light. Episodes like "Tomb," "Thirst," and "Solitude" proved to us that Clark still cared for Chloe deeply. Of course, the season finale and the sixth season premiere provided the ULTIMATE PROOF that his feelings have changed. First of all, in "Vessel," when Chloe kissed Clark, he kissed her back, which has never happened except when he was on red k. Secondly, in "Zod," he OBVIOUSLY WANTED A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHLOE. He looked confused and upset when she brushed off the kiss. Also, did you notice how he was holding her by the waist? It was almost as if he was waiting for another passionate embrace. Of course, his jealousy was the most apparent when Jimmy Olsen interrupted their conversation.

Season 6 has showed too many OBVIOUS signs for a CHLARK ROMANCE in the future. Also, IMO, the CHLARK relationship is the most IMPORTANT relationship on the show. They are always there for each other and will do just about anything for one another. The BEST relationships are the ones where the couple begins as friends; have'nt you ever heard the phrase "Friends before Lovers?" For the producers to not fully explore CHLARK would be an injustice to ALL of the fans of SV, because Chloe has helped shape Clark Kent into eventually becoming Superman, IMO. The viewers need to see their awesome relationship explored to the fullest. Chloe loves and supports Clark UNCONDITIONALLY, and I am so gald that Clark is FINALLY realizing what an AMAZING woman she is I, for one, am glad that the writers saved the BEST FOR LAST, because IT WILL BE "WORTH THE WAIT!"

Exactly, Chlark is the only relationship on SV that shows what true love is...their friendship is first priority to them yes...but the wirters have purposely shown that each side has wanted something more from time to time for a good reason...Labyrinth and Crimson is going to show that esp in Clarks AU...

Comment

... For the producers to not fully explore CHLARK would be an injustice to ALL of the fans of SV, because Chloe has helped shape Clark Kent into eventually becoming Superman, IMO. The viewers need to see their awesome relationship explored to the fullest. Chloe loves and supports Clark UNCONDITIONALLY, and I am so gald that Clark is FINALLY realizing what an AMAZING woman she is I, for one, am glad that the writers saved the BEST FOR LAST, because IT WILL BE "WORTH THE WAIT!"
                  YES!!!! You said it ALL right there!!!

Comment

I agree,but sumhow I dont think that is a suprise

Comment

In summary Chloe + Clark = LOVE [/B]
                      I agree with all that you said! Subterranean was an important episode for Chlark, this season is getting interesting.

Comment

Agree completely.. I honestly think the writers realize how much chemistry these two characters have and that is why they keep teasing us. If they let us have the CHLARK too fast, we won't appreciate it when it finally does happen and I, for one, pray that they let it happen this season.. or at least the beginning of next season. I am sick and tired of Clana and I don't want to see Clois (that is his future unfortunately)....

Comment

• I think its obvious that when it comes to relationships that the writers just like jerking us around...that and they can't really decide who they want together. I think what happened is that they really don't know what to do with Clark anymore because yeah they can put him with one of the girls, but in the end he's going to end up with Lois. Personally I want him to stay single, stop pining clear up things with Chloe, Diss Lana, and continue his life as Clark Kent Mild Mannered Report, and Superman.

Comment

• I think that we are going to get like two or three episodes of Chlark and then a truely upsetting bit og Clana will totally tear it apart.

Further speculations - Chloe will be the one that pushes the scenario on the Clark, and the Lana that begs to get him back.

All revolving around the deal that Clark hasn't actually picked up any chicks. Every girl he ever had pretty much stripped naked and threw herself on the ground in front of him.

I believe (in that oh god please kinda way) that this is being done intentionally to reinforce the seriousness of the Clois relationship in the theoretical future.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎