Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, let's just let everyone know about our powers.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its pretty cool that he's taking the chance to be discover to save others people.

It was one of the great moment of the episode (for me) when he did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tia
      Yeah I think its fine, revealing your secret or letting someone die?of course Clark would rather reveal his secret even if it was for a horrible person like lex
      Somehow, I don't think he'd expose himself for Lex at this point... sort of like in L&C when Lex jumped off of his penthouse... Clark thought about it, but in the end didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by kickarse
        That's because they both have something in common... illegal "aliens"
        TITE

Comment

Superboy is still learning but yeah, it really looks like Clark has decided to not care about his carelessness. Superman is not supposed to be like that. Hopefully, Super"boy" becomes a little more aware of his surroundings. BTW, when he used his X-Ray vision to find the bodies, did anyone ask how he was able to find those bodies? Did they? Huh?
          Maybe Clark can be careless with so many dumb Smallvillians around.

Comment

I was kinda interested in this cuz it indicates to me a new phase where Clark will eventually become a super hero (in that his Will to Act over-balances his Will to Self-Protect).

It removed the 'stupid' part of the show in the past, where he's pretending the jerkiest lies to everyone, or else knocking the sense out of them.

Comment

Well, it's a tough spot for the show. We want to see Clark acting more like Superman. Superman does not equal use of powers, but if Clark has a problem that his powers can resolve, if he's going to act Supermanish, he's going to solve the problem (like superspeeding Javier away). The problem is that he doesn't have an alterego or a suit to don when he wants to do that. It's been made clear that we aren't going to see the suit as a regular part of the show, so I'm willing to suspend my disbelief a little bit and accept that a few recipients of his good deeds here and there will learn a power or two.

Originally posted by wraith808
              Somehow, I don't think he'd expose himself for Lex at this point... sort of like in L&C when Lex jumped off of his penthouse... Clark thought about it, but in the end didn't.
              NOOO!!! That is not true at all!

He TRIED to fly up and save him! Clark would save EVEN HIS ARCHENEMY. He could not though, he was still weakened because Lex had just kept him in a kryptonite prison for hours.

By no means did Clark decide not to save Lex. Not only was he willing to expose himself to save Lex, but then in the Season 2 premier, he was incredibly remorseful that he hadn't been able to, even though it was Lex's own fault that he was so weak and couldn't fly!

Whew... sorry, L&C fan here, and Supes fan in general! Couldn't let that go uncorrected!
              Last edited by TampaVille; 12-07-2006, 11:02 PM.

Comment

No, he didn't. He thought about it, and was struggling with it. But he could fly. He could have caught him. But he just stayed in with the crowd.

Fool yourself if you want... he didn't want to expose himself for lex. There were a myriad of ways he could have saved him, but he didn't.

Comment

My first thought once Clark exposed himself to Javier was WTF??? At this point in the series, half way through season 6, Lana still cannot know but Javier can??? Not to mention Chloe his sidekick. I just don't understand what the writers are doing.

Comment

Ok, so Clark exposes himself to Javier and people have a problem. What would the alternative have been? Let him get taken away? Yeah, that would have worked.

Oh wait, then we would have people complaining that the whole episode was about saving Javier, then Clark just lets the police take him away.
                    D*** those lose-lose situations.

Comment

I'm having a hard time seeing how SV's Clark will become the bumbling and un-Superman like Clark of any other version. I just don't want him to start wearing glasses one day and then everyone gets mind wiped or something. I think something has to happen to him, behavior wise. Maybe Lex tells him to stop messing with his projects and he "gets scared" or is "frightened" enough to leave lex alone. That would open up a possibilty for an alter-ego. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by spidymich
                        I'm having a hard time seeing how SV's Clark will become the bumbling and un-Superman like Clark of any other version. I just don't want him to start wearing glasses one day and then everyone gets mind wiped or something. I think something has to happen to him, behavior wise. Maybe Lex tells him to stop messing with his projects and he "gets scared" or is "frightened" enough to leave lex alone. That would open up a possibilty for an alter-ego. Just my 2 cents.
                        Clark in the comics is not bumbling. Clark in L&C was not bumbling. I hate that type of Clark, which is why even though I love the Chris Reeves superman, I don't like his Clark as much, even as well as he played him. And since BR followed in CR's footsteps on that, I don't like that Clark either.

Comment

Ok, wrong word choice. But you know what I mean, there has to be some distinction form Clark and Superman when the time comes.

Comment

No... I wasn't criticizing your word choice. I was saying that in the comics, the only thing that differentiates them is the glasses and the hair... the same as L&C. And the fact that superman is more aloof, by necessity. But none of this bumbling to cover up... I didn't like it in the movies, and I hope they don't bring it here.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith808
                              No... I wasn't criticizing your word choice. I was saying that in the comics, the only thing that differentiates them is the glasses and the hair... the same as L&C. And the fact that superman is more aloof, by necessity. But none of this bumbling to cover up... I didn't like it in the movies, and I hope they don't bring it here.
                              Well said Wraith. I'm of the same opinion. There ARE numerous distinctions between Clark and Superman. I think the thinnest distinction was drawn in L&C, where even their demeanors were very similar. But in general, there's the hair, the glasses, their outfits (perhaps that seems obvious), and the fact that Superman tends to be more stoic than CK. The movies have clearly portrayed Superman as the 'real' person and Clark as the 'alter ego.' L&C showed Clark as the real person and Superman as the alter ego. I think SV's examination of the character can't help but consider Clark the real person, since it is Clark and his humanity that we have been viewing for 6 seasons now. When the time comes in SV, Clark will really have to create the Superman persona.

Now, the COULD go about it by having Clark basically "become" Superman, where Superman is the current Clark, and Clark creates a new Clark personality more akin to the movies... but I would not like that =).

Comment

Re: So I guess he'll tell just about anyone?

Originally posted by kickarse
                                lol..
                                "Now promise me you wont tell anyone"
                                "I'm good at keeping secrets"
                                Where is the thought process of Clark?
                                "I must not tell Lana or <insert Smallville resident here> whom I have known as long as I can remember about my powers, but I am sure this kid will forever keep my secret, I have known him for what, almost 24 hours now."
                                "I just can't tell anyone else... Hey, is that a hitch hiker over there?" "Hey fella, watch this.."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎