Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, let's just let everyone know about our powers.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the head trama is getting kind of old lol

Comment

He is really jeopardizing his cover when he becomes Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by TampaVille
        It makes sense that he's less careful around strangers than he is around his friends. Even with normal secrets, it's usually much easier sharing with somebody you don't know as well. That's because to them, you're a random person. There's no judgment that comes into play; Clark doesn't have to worry about strangers looking at him differently, because they've never looked at him before.

Besides, I think everybody's missing the larger issue here. The number one gripe I hear is that Clark isn't doing enough Superman stuff. Well, for him to do Supserman stuff (without the suit), he's going to need to use his powers in front of people.
        Indeed.

Most of the people who know something about Clark are in either Belle Reve or in 33.1, and all they know is that he has powers, no one knows he's not human. And those in Belle Reve aren't going to tell authorities because they don't want to be locked up forever as crazies.

What is a mystery is that Lex hasn't learned this from his 33.1 freaks. So possibly the freaks are only sharing with other freaks. And most that have seen Clark in action don't understand how. No one has said "if you can do this, you're not human". So really the bigger part of the equation is even a mystery to the freaks.

Also it does seem as Clark saving a life gives Clark a little trust with that individual. It's not likely that Javier is going to tell someone about Clark after he was saved by Clark. Ryan felt this loyalty too, but Ryan knew much more and he is not alive anymore. As for Javier, he saw and heard enough to question Clark, but chose not to.

Comment

well i laughed out loud when i read the thread's title...lol indeed.

but, seriously, I agree with those of you who said that clark is being careless with trusting strangers with his supposed secret powers and thinks they won't ever tell anyone. Even if they "appear" to be as nice as Javier appeared to be.

But maybe this phase too must come. Clark is basically lonely. Chloe has Jimmy and probably doesn't spend a lot of time with Clark outside of solving mysteries with him (insert talking great dane here). And his mom is busy being a leader to spend a lot of time with him.

So maybe its out of loneliness that he's being as "careless" as he is. And perhaps that will eventually lead to Clark having to come up with the alter ego. Maybe down the line someone will betray him and he'd have to dissappear for a while eventually returning as alter ego clark kent and superman.

Comment

another reason why clark is a moron. he could have casually knocked him out. and then ran away.

Comment

At this point I think that Clark has decided that people knowing he has powers is no where near as important as keeping the origin and extent of his abilities secret.

Honestly I attribute it to the fact that Lionel knows. That was the one person Clark thought couldn't be trusted with the secret beyond anyone else ... and now hes one of Clark's primary allies!

Additionally - maybe the subconscious urge to fulfill Alicia's request to just go public. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎