Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lex: "Did I swat at a fly with too much force?"

I loved that one too. There were a couple that made me smile or laugh.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kickarse
      "Cuz I'm your bro, not your foe"

yes jimmy really shined with that line. that was great.
      Last edited by andyolinyk; 12-12-2006, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetta
        Lana: "Clark I'm insulted that you would think that Lex could manipulate me so easily".

Laughed so hard when she said that, I hurt myself.
        hahahaha! No kidding!

Comment

1) Clark and Javier

Clark: You can come out now. He's gone.

Javier: How did you know I was in there?

Clark: I used to play Hide-and-Seek when I was a kid.

Javier: Why didn't you tell the police?

Clark: Because I know what it feels like to be out of place. Besides, I'm not from around here, either.

Javier: Where are you from?

Clark: It's a place a lot further than Mexico.

2) Clark and Martha Kent

Martha: You're not going anywhere Clark! We have no choice. We have to call immigration.

Clark: I told Javier he'd be safe here, and I meant it.

Martha: I want to help the boy as much as you do, but I took an oath to uphold the law.

Clark: All he's trying to do is find his Mom.

Martha: I know, but we have to go through the proper legal channels.

Clark: Was it legal when you forged my adoption papers? I am an illegal immigrant, Mom. You've been harboring me for over 17 years.

Martha: Your situation was entirely different. We had to protect you!

Clark: And I need to protect Javier. If I don't defend him, who will?

Martha: Clark...

Clark: There is a mother who hasn't seen her son in over 2 years. Do you really want to stand in the way of that? I thought that you of all people would understand. I'll take him to Chloe's. Just give me at least 24 hours before you call the deputy. I have to go somewhere.

3) Clark Kent and Lex Luthor

Lex: I thought I told you, you are no longer a welcome guest at the Mansion.

Clark: Trust me, Lex -- I don't want to be here, either. But after what you've done ---

Lex: Exactly what did I do? Did I swat at a fly with too much force?

Clark: I know you want to make money, Lex, at any cost, but exploiting and murdering migrant workers? Is that really worth the bottom line?

Lex: Clark, if you are accusing me of murder, you might want to have the facts to back it up.

Clark: Lex, your Luthorcorp bought Jed McNally's farm and any illegal immigrant who didn't want to be used as forced labor was buried in a cornfield.

Lex: I don't know what you are talking about. But then again, I could quote you the "Farmers' Almanac," and still you'd call me a liar.

Clark: What do you think Lana would do if she found out about this?

Lex (scoffs): Well, we could ask her, but she's on her way to Amsterdam on my jet. I wasn't able to clear my schedule.

Clark: You should know I told the Sheriff about this, and you can save your lies about Luthorcorp for him. (Clark Kent walks away).

4) Clark Kent and Javier.

Clark picks up little Javier and superspeeds away.

Javier: How'd you do that?

Clark: Javier, promise me you won't tell anybody about this.

Javier (smiling): Don't worry. I have become an expert at keeping secrets.

Clark (smiling): All right, back in the truck. Let's get you home.

5) Martha (to Clark): Sometimes when we're dealing with extraordinary people, you need to take a risk. That's a lesson I learned from my son.

6) Chloe Sullivan and Jimmy Olsen

Chloe (to Jimmy): Jimmy, your girlfriend has been living in Smallville for the past 10 years, and believe it or not, she's still standing.

Jimmy (to Chloe): Well, then you must have one dedicated Guardian Angel.

Chloe: Jimmy, look, Smallville has gotten me stories. And those stories has gotten me hired at one of the best newspapers in the world. (The Daily Planet).

Jimmy: I am sure your looks have nothing to do with it.

Chloe chuckles.

7) Clark Kent and Chloe Sullivan

Clark (to Chloe): Nice byline.

Chloe (to Clark): Yeah, well, it wouldn't have a happy ending if it wasn't for you, though.
          Clark looks at her in disbelief. He looks sad.

Chloe (trying to give Clark confidence): Clark, come on, you put a psycho killer away, and you reunited a mother with her son. I mean, there are only so many hours in a day.

Clark: Well, see, that's the thing. No matter how many people I save, I just can't solve the world's problems.

Chloe (trying to make Clark feel better): I don't know anyone else who does more for this world than you, Clark.

Comment

Lex: "Did I swat at a fly with too much force?"
            Originally posted by SSX
            You beat me to it. Best line in this episode. I truly did laugh out loud.
            Haa haa I second that, fantastic line made me laugh out loud and so well delivered by MR. He gets so few funny lines but when he gets them he nails them.

I wish I could make my user photo an animated clip of Lex swatting the fly he he he!

Originally posted by andyolinyk
            quote:Originally posted by kickarse
            "Cuz I'm your bro, not your foe"

yes jimmy really shined with that line. that was great.
            Another good one from this episode

I really like Jimmy he is a very funny character and actually quite good at solving mysteries as well.

Also
            Lana to Lex: "I realized money isn't just luxury, Lex, it's power."
            Lex to Lana: "And that power can be yours too now."
            Lana to Lex: "Think of all the good we can do in the world."

You could just hear Lex's voice in his thoughts "errrr......yeah......the 'good' we can do.... - what is this crazy b*tch on does she not know who I am?" ha ha ha
            Last edited by clarkbunny; 09-24-2007, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎