Clear All

• Vent (Chloiver friendship)

Title: Venting
    Rated: G
    Disclaimer: I don’t own Smallville
    Pairings: Chloe/Oliver Friendship
    Summary: Chloe vents her frustrations to Oliver Queen
    Spoilers: Season 6, Hydro

A/N: This is set in Hydro after she finds out about Jimmy and Lois working together and after her and Clark fight.

Chloe sat at the couch staring into space. She didn’t even notice the door opening.
    Oliver came in, “Oh, hi Chloe. Have you seen Lo…are you ok?”
    Chloe looked up tears filled her eyes, “Who me? Oh I’m ok. Never better.”
    She said not looking at Oliver and staring straight into space.
    “Obviously. Do you want talk about it?”
    “There’s nothing to…if you’re looking for your girlfriend she’s probably somewhere with my boyfriend trailing the Green Arrow.”
    “Oh, so that’s what this is about? You think your boyfriend and cousin are …”
    “No, he’s not cheating on me with Lois. Lois doesn’t exactly have a thing for geeks. They’re just working together. But they’re doing it behind my back.”
    “Oh, so. “
    “I know I shouldn’t be mad. But I told Jimmy to just let it go. I told him that I would not go after a story about the Green Arrow because it was Lois’ story. So he goes to her instead. She works for the competing news paper.”
    “I’m sorry Chloe.”
    Chloe shook her head. “I shouldn’t even be mad. Their reporters their just doing their jobs and going after the truth. It’s more then I’ve been doing lately. All I have been doing is going around the truth going in circles trying to make it so no one gets hurt.”
    “That sounds noble.”
    “Yeah, but in the process I’ve been lying to everyone I care about.”
    “Sometimes people have to lie to protect the people they care about.”
    Chloe shrugged and then she looked up at Oliver and then she laughed, “I can’t believe I just told you all of that. I barely know you.”
    “Yeah, maybe but maybe what you need is to vent to a stranger.”
    Chloe smiled her infectious smile, “Yeah, maybe you’re right. I do feel a little better.”
    Oliver couldn’t help but smile back, “Good, anything else you need to vent.”
    Chloe sighed, “No, I just…sometimes it’s just hard you know. Trying to be a good friend when…”
    “You’re friends are practically enemies.”
    “For a guy I hardly know you seem to know an awfully lot about me.”
    “Well, Lois is my girlfriend and she kind of is a motor mouth.”
    “That’s true. I practically know all about you, too.”
    “Really, should I be afraid?”
    “Only if you told Lois something you want to hide.”
    Oliver laughed a laugh that to Chloe sounded some what bitter.
    “No, I think I’m safe there.”
    “Yeah, well thanks Oliver. I do feel better.” Chloe said as she started to get up.
    “So you’re done venting?”
    “Yeah, I guess so. I need to get back to work.”
    “Really? So that’s it? I know I’m charming but I didn’t think I was a miracle worker you seemed pretty upset.”
    Chloe stood up, folding her arms, and away. “I know but maybe just being able to just cry it all out was the healing I needed. Now I can just get on with my life. If I had nervous breakdown every time I got scooped I wouldn’t get any work done.”
    Oliver walked to her facing her, “So that’s what this is about, you want the Green Arrow story.”
    “No. Yea, maybe, I just didn’t realize until today that maybe I am jealous of Lois. I mean she got this Green Arrow story and she’ll do what ever it takes to unmask him so to speak. And put all joking aside that is front page worthy. The kind of story I’ve gone after in the past. The kind of story I’ve always wanted but...” She said shaking her head her voice becoming weak.
    “But what?”
    “I can’t. I mean I told her I wouldn’t scoop her. Then Lois went to me wanting me to help her. She said that if we unmasked the Green Arrow together we could try to get it on the front page of the Daily Planet together. But… I just couldn’t…”
    “Why not?”
    Chloe blew a straw blonde curly hair from her face flustered she said, “It doesn’t matter.”
    “Well, what ever it is, it does look like you have you’re reasons to not work with her. It’s good that you stuck to you’re guns.”
    “I know that I just envy her freedom. To be able to go after what ever story she wants without any heart wrenching consequences.”
    “Consequences?” He asked moving towards her looking down at her.
    “Yeah, I always have to second guess every story I do if it would have anything to do with…” She stopped herself not believing all that she has told this billionaire she hardly knew. He was gazing at her with his intense blue eyes. She started to fill very nervous. She looked down and then he put his hands on her chin pulling it up.
    “Listen Chloe, it’s ok. I get it. You have secrets, stuff you have to keep hidden from the world. But it’s hard being a journalist. Having this need to go after and reveal this truth without revealing you’re secrets, it must be hard to balance.”
    She was surprised to hear him say it. She looked into his big deep sincere blue eyes, she breathed out in grief, “It is, you don’t have any idea how hard it is.”
    “I might surprise you.” He said moving a stray hair from her face.
    “Hmmm. How do you know so much?”
    “I guess the ivy league education has to leak out somehow.”
    Chloe smirked, “I guess, if I didn’t know any better I would have pegged you as a mind reader or something.”
    “But you do know better.”
    “It’s still possible; I’ve seen a lot weirder things.” She moved away from him feeling slightly more relaxed.
    “Yeah, Lois told me about your wall of weird. Why don’t you still have it around?” He said looking at the room.
    “I don’t know. I guess I’ve been busy with everything plus I’m starting to think that my childhood pursuits won’t do anyone any good.”
    “Lois doesn’t seem to think so. She said you were the reason she got into journalism in the first place.”
    “Well, I don’t know about that.” She then went to pick up her purse.
    “I really better get going.”
    She was about to open the door, she then turned around, “Oliver.”
    “Yeah?”
    “Thanks Oliver. You’ve helped more then you know.”
    She turned around to open the door and then Oliver said, “Chloe.”
    She turned to him, “Yeah?”
    “My friends call me Ollie.”
    “Yeah, I’ll see you around.” Oliver said putting his hands in his pockets.
    The End

this is sweet. not sure why no one else left you a review seeing that a lot of people have viewed it.

no matter....just wanted to let you know that this was lovely.

Comment

I know this was written a LOOOOOOONG time ago butI saw it sitting all lonesome at the end of posting list and had to comment.

This is all the sweetness between Chloe and Oliver that I wanted to see developed early on, shame the SV writers decided to drag their feet.

This is also something I thought could have been gone into in Hydro, I know Chloe had her own stuff going on (or was forced to fix Lana's problem, depending on your perspective) but I think this is something that would have affected her.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎