This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loistickyfingerz
    NBC is cutting back on costs:
    NBC Universal is planning to slash spending across the board next year as it braces for a sharp drop in consumer spending on entertainment.

Does anyone think some shows might be in danger? Should we be worried about Heroes?
    To ansewer your question short term no long term yes. For right now Heroes has a full season order so it is safe for the rest of the year, however each new week is bringing new lows for ratings. The future of the show will probably be determinied after the new year when football and some of the other compitition is lessened. If the show recovers some viewers it should get another season.

Comment

I'm hoping that the worst we could see is a time-change. Possibly, if Heroes was moved to 9pm (10pm eastern is 9pm for me) on Mondays, perhaps DWTS wouldn't be killing it in the numbers, and Heroes is a very good late-night show. It'd be easy to lead in with a reality or game show, but weak to follow Heroes with such. They could just do Deal or No Deal for 2 hours then come in with Heroes at 9pm.
      Last edited by loistickyfingerz; 10-19-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I was reading online about how Heroes is #3 in terms of how many people watch the show on DVR (20% or more) and I don't think they'll be cutting back on the show. I think they'll be cutting staff and cast but not the whole show. grim times

Comment

Heroes is facing the same fate as other shows that didn't return after the strike. I think if NBC wants the show to continue well, they're going to have to move it. Basically do what ABC did with Lost. Lost was getting killed by American Idol so they moved it to a night when it wasn't on. Another idea is next season pull a 24 or a Lost and show it non-stop starting in January when there's no DWTS (I think there's no DWTS after December) and no football.

But these numbers could also come to the result of a lousy second season.

Comment

heroes is going down fast, i believe its now at 8+ million viewers

Comment

Really?

Comment

ME Too

Originally posted by Ginx
                I was reading online about how Heroes is #3 in terms of how many people watch the show on DVR (20% or more) and I don't think they'll be cutting back on the show. I think they'll be cutting staff and cast but not the whole show. grim times
                yeah i have also read that the DVR counts on the viewer list and for that reason many shows still are doing great... cause many of dont have time to watch it the same night or time there airing the show.. (maybe working or ECt.) but yeah .. i dont think they will cut the show.. nope not at all.. unless the whole season happens to be aloss ...

Comment

Hero's is my most favorite show I hope it out lasts smallville...

Comment

it wont... if s4 or s5 is the last smallville will have nine seasons already maybe ten...

Comment

Heroes will probably only make it to 4 seasons, if lucky enough, maybe even 5.

Comment

The thing you have to remember is that even though the ratings are dropping, Heroes continues to be one of the top downloaded shows on the internet. Also, the show has world wide popularity that I believe is not reflected in the ratings. And if Heroes continues like it has the past couple of episodes, I believe we'll eventually see those ratings increase. Don't lose hope in the show just yet.

Comment

well Loved the First sec. and I think the Writers Strike hurt the 2nd S and the last two didn't lived up to how great S 1 was!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎