Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

So uh, to get this thread back on topic, what was the dialogue already given on Mrs Petrelli and sock stealing?

Comment

I don't think there's been any, besides the initial discussion in the police station in like the 3rd episode

Comment

She was perceived as this little old lady who stole socks to "feel alive again". Then out of no-where she becomes "Cruella Deville". So almost immediately everyone started wondering if there was a hidden meaning or purpose behind the theft. Then STfanatic posted some pics of her with as a Sock Monkey and then I picked up on it with him. It then evolved into Sock Mama (I think ST staeted that also) and everyone else started picking up on it. Then of course I made my avatar! But I think alot of it had to do with it being easier to type Sock Mama vs Mrs Petrelli, and Angela didnt sound good either. So thus, there you have it. The complete story behind "Sock Mama". Or atleast my version!

ST, if I'm wrong please correct me.

Comment

I mean, in that third episode, what was the actual dialogue? I'm hoping there's some kind of clue there (though probably not)

Comment

Not really any clues! Thats the annoying part. It's such a one time side incident that is completely opposite of her new Cruella attitude.

Comment

I think they just decided mid-sesaon to completely change Mrs. Petrelli's personality and demeanor. I doubt the sock-stealing really has anything to do with any of her plans, though
                a) Sock Mama is just funny, and
                b) the writers on the show aren't stupid, so later on they will probably work the sock-stealing into the plot in a cool way, even if originally she was just intended to be a minor character with little influence over the actual plot

Comment

I completely agree!

They should make it, that she stole the socks and got caught to get the brothers away from the places they were at. Or something like that!

Comment

Yah. Definetely. Just look at the cool scene we got about the origin of Noah's Horn Rimmed Glasses.

Comment

I don't understand claudes invisibility. I don't think he is invisible like Susan Storm because if he was Peter wouldn't be able to see him if they were both invisible. I think they shift into some alternate frame of reality so they can be seen but can still interact with the there surroundings. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Well, it is certainly possilbe that you are right, but equally possible that you're wrong. I don't think anyone here can give any solid proof that TKFlash is either right or wrong. We simply haven't seen enough of the character to know one way or the other.

Comment

I definetely right, I can be wrong but all I'm saying is that invisible people usually can't see other invisible people. Peter should have been able to see Claude and vice versa so Claude doesn't have traditional invisibility.

Comment

Let's look at the possibilities using some real theories about achievable invisibilty and some psuedoscience examples that are a little less realistic but present in other fictional works.

The First and most likely to be used in the near future: metals that allow specific types of light to flow past them. I forget the technical term for such materials (it was in a recent issue of Popular Science, if anyone wants to attempt to look it up), and so far we can only make it "invisible" partially, we can only get some types of light at one type to flow past, not the entire spectrum. In the near future we'll be using it for invisibility from radar. Theoretically, we could get it to be completely invisible.
                            -If claude's body somehow naturally produced these metals, and he had control over them, he would simply suround himself (and whatever objects he chooses) with them.
                            -Unfortunately it doesn't solve the Peter Problem; he shouldn't be able to see Claude

Two: Bending light around him. No idea how this could be accomplished without using insane amounts of energy.
                            -Unless Claude has a few fusion generators in him, he can't produce enough energy to get it to work
                            -Peter shouldn't be able to see him here either.

Three: The Sg-1 route. A partial shift into a higher dimmension. Enough so that light passes through, but not solid matter.
                            -This might not be scientifically possible. (in fact, it most likely isn't. It's probably possible to enter a higher dimmension, but I would think partially entering it is either impossible or would rip apart whatever is attempting it)
                            -It solves the Peter Problem. If both are partially shifted, he woud be able to see claude.
                            -It would most likely need insane power though.

I'm thihnking that the sg-1 explanation is the best of the three. It's similar to TkFlash'es idea, just instead of another reality, they shift into a higher dimmension (it requires a lot less energy, and we have real-world theories about higher dimmensions already, not so many with alternate realities)

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                              Let's look at the possibilities using some real theories about achievable invisibilty and some psuedoscience examples that are a little less realistic but present in other fictional works.

The First and most likely to be used in the near future: metals that allow specific types of light to flow past them. I forget the technical term for such materials (it was in a recent issue of Popular Science, if anyone wants to attempt to look it up), and so far we can only make it "invisible" partially, we can only get some types of light at one type to flow past, not the entire spectrum. In the near future we'll be using it for invisibility from radar. Theoretically, we could get it to be completely invisible.
                              -If claude's body somehow naturally produced these metals, and he had control over them, he would simply suround himself (and whatever objects he chooses) with them.
                              -Unfortunately it doesn't solve the Peter Problem; he shouldn't be able to see Claude

Two: Bending light around him. No idea how this could be accomplished without using insane amounts of energy.
                              -Unless Claude has a few fusion generators in him, he can't produce enough energy to get it to work
                              -Peter shouldn't be able to see him here either.

Three: The Sg-1 route. A partial shift into a higher dimmension. Enough so that light passes through, but not solid matter.
                              -This might not be scientifically possible. (in fact, it most likely isn't. It's probably possible to enter a higher dimmension, but I would think partially entering it is either impossible or would rip apart whatever is attempting it)
                              -It solves the Peter Problem. If both are partially shifted, he woud be able to see claude.
                              -It would most likely need insane power though.

I'm thihnking that the sg-1 explanation is the best of the three. It's similar to TkFlash'es idea, just instead of another reality, they shift into a higher dimmension (it requires a lot less energy, and we have real-world theories about higher dimmensions already, not so many with alternate realities)
                              The SG-1 explanation was exactely what I was talking about. It definitely explains it. Good theory finding.

Comment

What is the Significance of the Cockaroach??

While watching the season over again on dvd...I noticed several times most notably in episode 1 when mohinder stepped on it in the new apartment, the scene where sylar is laying in the cell "incapacitated", and the finale when sylar was missing from his death scene and once again we see the roach. Is that somebody, or just a representation that roaches can survive anything even nuclear explosions? what do ya'll think?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎