Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is laughter with Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Note: Please refrain from talking about other members on this board. discussion on this forum must at all time be about the episode, and not about the posters.
    Last edited by Mysticlies; 12-02-2006, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Mod Note: Please refrain from talking about other members on this board. discussion on this forum must at all time be about the episode, and not about the posters.

I'm not sure what to say. There are storylines that I can't stand, like Lexana and this baby crap. I will watch till the bitter end though since I've been watching it for too long now and want to see how it ends. I'm not sure if you want to do the same, or just give the show up in case it's torturing you too much. You could always try contacting Steve DeKnight from his myspace account and give him some ideas. The problem is TPTB were only willing to use some of the ideas that people posted here over the summer since I'm sure the majority of ideas submitted didn't work around Lexana.
      Last edited by Mysticlies; 12-02-2006, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Mysticlies; 12-02-2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I guess Jimmy is cute because he's so stupid and so oblivious. It's like when Lana and Lois look around blankly and go, "Clark?" about 30 times an episode, never making the connection that he does that more often than not, but Jimmy makes it a million times funnier because he's a guy and he thinks he's this hotstuff genius but really... he's not. Yea, he is comic relief, I guess. He can't keep up with Chloe, though. "Lex is working with the Egyptians" proved that. I swear, I thought he was joking. I didn't know whether to crack up or be seriously disappointed when I found out he wasn't.

Comment

^I suppose him coming up with Lex is working with Alien technology is more believeable

Comment

I laughed at Lana's sudden conversion to loving the super evil criminal mastermind, but it wasn't the good kind of laughter... Laughing at and not with.
              I actually liked Batista's simple, brutish lines, if anything there was way too much Lanaville Drama trying to tug at heartstrings for a relationship everyone (ok maybe just me) hates and feels is ruining the show.

Whats the one line like? "I DONT TRUST LEX AT ALL AND HE LIES TO ME CONSTANTLY, BUT NOW THAT HE TURNED TO STATIC I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH."
              I believe I shouted outloud "What? BWAWAAHAHA... Oh wait she's serious... Where the #@$! is Clark?"

Oh and I laughed when Batista pulls a spine out, that was awesome.

Comment

Veiled Irony

I think I like it best when the humor is reserved for happy moments and those ironic "as extra terrestrial as clark kent" moments.

Comment

A little humor never hurts. IMO, they should have more light moments in S8, like this season when Lois tried to peek at Clark when he was changing his clothes and almost getting caught. One thing SV has never done is a completely funny episode, which might be a nice change for this series. Even the X-Files occasionally had episodes that were played for laughs all the way through.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎