Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something fishy between Clark & Chloe...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightingale20
    That was the nickname Jimmy was called.
    oooohhh ok thank you!

She said exactly: "Ah come on. Clark can’t hold a candle light to the Infuriator." (its an english expression, the translation in french doesn't make any sense...could you guys help e with that)

So Is this insulting Clark or what?
    Last edited by Krypto/DQ/; 11-17-2006, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto/DQ/
      What is a Infuriator? (tryed to translate but didn't work)
      I think it comes from 'fury', no?
      I'm no native speaker either... But I think it's supposed to make Jimmy look like the tough guy he isn't, I assume he chose the name himself... More like our screen names here, they're not always true...

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto/DQ/
        oooohhh ok thank you!

She said exactly: "Ah come on. Clark can’t hold a candle light to the Infuriator." (its an english expression, the translation in french doesn't make any sense...could you guys help e with that)

So Is this insulting Clark or what?
        It's just a nickname to make himself feel cool, lol.

No, it's not an insult to Clark. Chloe was being cute and comforting her man when she said Clark couldn't hold a candle to the "The Infuriator".

Comment

I am not happy with how Clark is treating Chloe lately. So I hope they can clear the air soon.

I wasn't happy, but didn't mind it so much in Fade when Clark threw a bit of a wobbly at Chloe about keeping Lana's secret, because she got him to see her very reasonable POV. He has secrets she keeps from others, they're not hers to tell, so she won't tell him Lana's. So like the good friends they are, they

But this season he has thus far deleted her files on GA without her permission or knowledge. He told her to drop the GA stuff, but didn't tell her what he knew and shut her out. Then last night he shuts her out again with the MM stuff.

I think Clark needs a wake-up call from Chloe about respecting her more in their friendship. I think they will, but I it might take more than one episode to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by DayOfTheDead
            I am not happy with how Clark is treating Chloe lately. So I hope they can clear the air soon.

I wasn't happy, but didn't mind it so much in Fade when Clark threw a bit of a wobbly at Chloe about keeping Lana's secret, because she got him to see her very reasonable POV. He has secrets she keeps from others, they're not hers to tell, so she won't tell him Lana's. So like the good friends they are, they

But this season he has thus far deleted her files on GA without her permission or knowledge. He told her to drop the GA stuff, but didn't tell her what he knew and shut her out. Then last night he shuts her out again with the MM stuff.

I think Clark needs a wake-up call from Chloe about respecting her more in their friendship. I think they will, but I it might take more than one episode to do so.
            I agree with you about the Lana issue, as for GA and MM, well you can't really blame him there! For example Green Arriw asked him to keep his secret a secret from everyone, that includes Chloe! It's not Clark's secret to tell, the same goes for MM! Clark doesn't know if MM wants Chloe to be in the loop, so the best thing for Clark is to keep his mouth sealed! As for deleting Chloe's files, yeah that is underhanded and Clark shouldn't have done that, but that's about all one can fault him for in this matter!
            Last edited by umm; 11-18-2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DayOfTheDead

I agree, our BDA has to develop some respect for the humans around him. Especially those who put their butts on the line for him, every other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoda123
                I completely disagree. Clark goes to her.. always.. and she helps him in every way with whatever he needs. If she wants to know more (she IS a reporter) to help him further or be a shoulder, then I see absolutely nothing wrong with it! And I also disagree that she doesn't just ask how he is.. look at the past 5 seasons..they speak for themselves..
                Clark does not ALWAYS go to her.
                Half the stuff she gets for Clark, she does it on her own without his asking.

A lot of the stuff she asks if for her own curiousity - look at the past 5 seasons.

Comment

I think SuperChloe has to realize that there are going to be times where Clark has to do things on his own and is not going to tell her everything. Get it out of your head that you are his sidekick. You can't keep tagging along all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine316
                    I think SuperChloe has to realize that there are going to be times where Clark has to do things on his own and is not going to tell her everything. Get it out of your head that you are his sidekick. You can't keep tagging along all the time.
                    Hmmm..... Superman and SuperChloe.... I like the sound of that. And it sure makes a lotta sense.

Comment

Originally posted by khufu
                      Hmmm..... Superman and SuperChloe.... I like the sound of that. And it sure makes a lotta sense.
                      Yeah, but only one of them is the way it's supposed to be. And that's the guy who's going to be wearing tights and his underwear on the outside. Lucky lucky him.
                      Last edited by JonStewart4President; 11-17-2006, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Clark has yet to discover if MM is ''evil'' or ''good.'' Until he finds out, and until he knows for sure, not saying anything is his way of protecting Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by a silent liaison
                          Clark has yet to discover if MM is ''evil'' or ''good.'' Until he finds out, and until he knows for sure, not saying anything is his way of protecting Chloe.
                          Why would it matter if MM is evil or not? GA is good and Clark is refusing to tell Chloe about him too. I don't see how Clark's motivation is protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic girl
                            As an earlier poster said, I think he was going to call after Chloe until he saw the Oreo. I thought the whole scene was weird for them, but my take was that he didn't want to confess his shortcomings to Chloe. He has some feelings for her, but he's trying to respect her relationship with JO.

He already said that he didn't think the mission was a success, a hard enough confession for any guy, and then to have to tell her he was confused and scared of what he saw, well that's asking a lot of any guy. To admit that they are not in control is hard.

As others have posted, he's confused by what he saw and confused as to whether this guy is a good guy, one he won't have to deal with, or a bad guy, possibly a zoner that he feels he needs to deal with, but doesn't know how to and feels powerless - an unusual feeling for Clark.
                            I agree they showed their feelings by bein nervous/scared,she didn't want him to go and he didn't wanna tell her he was defenseless.It was hard enough as u stated for him to tell he didn't kill the creature and needed help,he was more confused than anythin.Even she got at him for not returnin her calls,cause she was worried.I think their scene showed that he would like to tell her but didn't kno how or even what to say.Remember he saw that she didn't want him to go then she jus admits again that she was worried,so to turn around and tell her of the bodyparts he saw and how he could have been one of the victims was alot.I dont blame clark as much as sum r he was confused and scared,yet so was chloe.The whole episode she showed signs that she wonder how clark was,so when she saw him she question him about what happen.What she doesn't kno is how bad the site was,or how close clark could have been to bein a victim,do we kno how she would have reacted if he told her.But I do think by him not tellin her that graphic parts is what lead her to says he needs help whether he wants it or not.She jus thinks MM helped him and its no need for clark to worry,its over what she doesn't kno is he could have died.So while their interaction may have seemed weird to most imo it was understandable.Yes it'll lead to an argument later but that because both r so worried about the other that they keep things from the other for w/e reasons.

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                            It's just a nickname to make himself feel cool, lol.

No, it's not an insult to Clark. Chloe was being cute and comforting her man when she said Clark couldn't hold a candle to the "The Infuriator".
                            yea remember jimmy told them he use to call himself that when he was younger.And when she made the comments it was to boost his ego,remember he had jus ask her if she still wish clark was there.So she had to play him up,it wasn't to insult clark but to give jimmy hope.Cause he had jus done sumthin good tho she was still worried about clark.She saw jimmy gettin jealous so she reminded him that he had nothin to worry of.Remember when they were walkin and asked what clark can do that he can't and how she laughed it off.Well i think her comments were pretty much the same,to buildup jimmy confidence that's all.Nothin more,cause she already knows jimmy can't compete wit clark .

Originally posted by a silent liaison
                            I agree he doesn't kno much and what lil he did kno he told her,can we blame him for protectin her this way.Once he knows more I'm bettin he tells her,maybe the next time MM appears(I think epi 12).

Originally posted by JonStewart4President
                            Why would it matter if MM is evil or not? GA is good and Clark is refusing to tell Chloe about him too. I don't see how Clark's motivation is protection.
                            Because he knows Ga is connected to lois and lo/chlo r fam,she may keep clark secrets but he doesn't kno how chloe would react to fam.He respects Ga wishes to tell on his own meanin once he tells lois it'll be ok for clark to tell chloe.But wit MM he told what he knew,but even then its still diff wit what he knows about MM and Ga.He knows Ga is harmless and wont come after him/chloe,but MM he is still confused about.How did he know of the Phantom or help clark,its jus diff so I can see why clark is protectin chloe
                            Last edited by D.M.A.; 11-17-2006, 08:17 PM.

Comment

the writersposed a question.
                              Clark to Lois, if you love someone can you keep secrets.
                              Lois, that's retarded.

Now clark and chloe are keeping secrets left and right, this is not a coincedence. tptb are pushing climmy, lexana, and clois, chlarking and even a closer friendship for chlark is not on the horizon. i appreciate even great friends fight but the coincedence of secrets is a sign to me of cold times ahead.

Comment

I'm not sure what the issue here is when Clark told Chloe about the shadowy figure that could do things he couldn't.

But as far as telling her about the GA, why would that be his place to tell Chloe? Ollie clearly wants to keep his identity under wraps. And obviously, Clark wants Ollie to keep his identity under wraps. So, why would Clark tell Chloe about that? If the situation was reversed and someone, lets call her Fana, told Chloe a secret that she didn't want out there, and Chloe decided to keep that from Clark, wouldn't she be doing the right thing?

But honestly, I'm OK with Clark and Chloe throwing "you shoulda told me"'s at each other, because it does add a dimension to their friendship. And its OK for them to hash that stuff out. But I'm not about to villianize either of them over it. IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎