Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something fishy between Clark & Chloe...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
    A poster at TWoP theorized that Clark had just seen some pretty traumatic events in Seattle (the boneless bodies as a result of the predator he himself set loose). To me, Clark was mostly miffed from all the trauma and bloodshed, and I think he feels a lot of responsibility for it and didn't find it necessary to share that with Chloe. Granted, it's his overprotective mechanism kicking in, but I don't think he did it to cause strife in he and Chloe's friendship. Now he just needs to find the way to tell her that.

And personally, until Clark found the cookie, I got the distinct impression that he wanted to go after Chloe and explain things to her. But it's good build-up for their big blowout fight...and ultimate make-up.
    I agree he did jus tell her that this thing could do things he only dreamed of,and he heard her say how much she was worried wit him gone.So he was still in shock and didn't really kno what to say,I dont fault him for not havin answers.Atleast he told her sumthin about MM,what lil he knows.But it did kind of hurt her that he doesn't want her involved anymore and thinks he's alone,I think she tried to stress that to him.So when she left I got the impression he was goin after her too but was interrupted.It will lead to their blowout later yes,but he'll make it up to her he's jus scared/feeling responsible for those zoners

Comment

I think Clark is just sick of answering Chloe's alien questions all the time.

I know I would be..

Besides, Clark was still confused about the whole issue himself.

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH

I know I would be..

I dont think he was sick of her askin,jus confused I mean he did see sumthin that not even he could handle.

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH

I know I would be..

How could he be sick of her asking questions when he generally goes to her for help? She is and always has been the one he turns to..

Comment

Indeed something is coming between the two. I think is about time they need to clear up somethings about each other roles in their lives.

Originally posted by WalterK
            Clark tends to use Chloe for research, but he does not want her tagging along when he goes after dangerous aliens like the zoners. She also does not have a right to participate in all of Clark's heroics. While this may seem like a bum deal for Chloe, they have an unequal relationship. He is a superhero, and she is a frail human. Whether or not Clark shows enough gratitude is another question, since that makes for boring TV. The writers could include some occassional scenes of Clark thanking Chloe for all the help she gives him.
            Actually they have a deep bond you see them having a picnic by the lake and in a deleted scene ( I think) they said that everytime Clark is on Metropolis they had lunch togheter (they must had lunch every 15 minutes! ) i think their friendship had reached a point in wich they don't need to say thank you everytime one of them does something for the other.
            Last edited by lastdaughterofkrypton; 11-17-2006, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Re: Something fishy between Clark & Chloe...

Originally posted by smallville86
              Otherwise WTF is with Clark saying to her "there are somethings you don't need to know" It makes NO sense. Especially since this is not a secret like the one with GA's identity, this is exactly the type of stuff him and Chloe talk about. I don't believe for one sec he is doing it to protect her as some think. If he wanted to protect her he would tell her everything about the MM he saw so she could be on the look out especially since he doesn't know if he is good or bad.
              I HATE CLARK!!!
              I HATE CLARK!!!
              I HATE CLARK!!!
              I HATE CLARK!!!
              I HATE CLARK!!!
              Man, the BDA pi$$es me off.
              How many time is he gonna screw it up with Chloe...?
              Please, girl Forget about the guy, he's not worth the effort.
              I am upset.

Comment

I think it's a sign that Clark is growing away from her a little and starting to be more independent. I think it's great. She's always there, doing all the work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilkoolmaria
                  I think it's a sign that Clark is growing away from her a little and starting to be more independent. I think it's great. She's always there, doing all the work for him.
                  Exactly.
                  But that's no reason to treat her like cr@p...

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                    Exactly.
                    But that's no reason to treat her like cr@p...
                    I agree. First Lana was being harsh to her in the level 33.1 room, and then Clark in the loft. The girl just can't catch a break.

Comment

Originally posted by lilkoolmaria
                      I agree. First Lana was being harsh to her in the level 33.1 room, and then Clark in the loft. The girl just can't catch a break.
                      Well, I don't blame Lana. She's in love with Lex, so she defends him. That's cool.
                      Now Clark, he's just a jerk. Period.

Comment

If Clark was a jerk to Chloe this episode, and I don't think he was. AT ALL. Then certainly one must say that Chloe was a bit jerkish to Clark at the beginning of the episode when she gave him attitude because he felt his first priority was to go to Seattle and try to help innocent people endangered by the Zoner rather then stay behind to hold Lana's hand and look for Lex. Doesn't she insinuate that he's not helping due a personal issue? What the heck is that?

IMO, neither one was "a jerk". But I certainly found much more wrong with Chloe's initial attitude rather then Clark just not wanting to share the details of the horrific scene he'd been witness to, or the fact that he's got another player on the board he knows nothing about.

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                          If Clark was a jerk to Chloe this episode, and I don't think he was. AT ALL. Then certainly one must say that Chloe was a bit jerkish to Clark at the beginning of the episode when she gave him attitude because he felt his first priority was to go to Seattle and try to help innocent people endangered by the Zoner rather then stay behind to hold Lana's hand and look for Lex. Doesn't she insinuate that he's not helping due a personal issue? What the heck is that?
                          Oh, you are totally right.
                          I even think this was out-of-character for Chloe, but not jerkish. Why in the world would she tell Clark to stay and save LEX?!? Has Chloe gone mad? IMO, that was proof once again that the Chloe character is not as well written as it used to be...

Comment

I even think this was out-of-character for Chloe, but not jerkish. Why in the world would she tell Clark to stay and save LEX?!? Has Chloe gone mad? IMO, that was proof once again that the Chloe character is not as well written as it used to be...
                            All they're doing is building up a fight that will happen between Chloe and Clark, and as we can all see, they aren't exactly using intelligent storytelling to do it. What a shock.

Comment

Maybe because she knows Lana is pregnant with Lex's child ?

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                                All they're doing is building up a fight that will happen between Chloe and Clark, and as we can all see, they aren't exactly using intelligent storytelling to do it. What a shock.
                                Yeah, I guess you're right.
                                But what after the big fight?
                                I mean, Clark's a jerk.

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                                Maybe because she knows Lana is pregnant with Lex's child ?
                                Hmmmm, interesting point.
                                So you think that in a way, Chloe was asking Clark to stay for Lana, rather than for Lex?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎