Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something fishy between Clark & Chloe...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe Clark's upset because he's thinking "what the heck is going on around here..i'm Superman and i can't even get any airtime anymore. my best friend is keeping secrets from me and dating Opie from Mayberry, the love of my life now treats me like the village pariah, and the hot Krytonian chick got killed before i even had a chance to get some. someobody gimme some respect"

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east
      The is the second time I've seen holes in the chlark friendship. The other week is was Clark unhadnly going behind Chloe's back to delete her files becuase IMO he didn't trust her to do it himself and I don't buy any excuse about how he was doing a good thign for her. And now he's leaving her out in the cold about what happened.
      So was Clark really the one that deleted the GA files? For some reason I have a hard time believing he's smart enough to completely erase files off of a hardive... I am surprised Chloe didn't find the files just chilling in her reycle bin, lol.

Comment

Re: Something fishy between Clark & Chloe...

Originally posted by smallville86
        Otherwise WTF is with Clark saying to her "there are somethings you don't need to know" It makes NO sense. Especially since this is not a secret like the one with GA's identity, this is exactly the type of stuff him and Chloe talk about.
        I agree that line was odd, but this was a badly written episode. Clark is intensely preoccupied in that scene, and evidently had been for some time, because he wasn't returning Chloe's calls. When he says that MM had powers he could only dream of, the strong implication is that he is referring to flight, not invisibility or the Zoner-frying, because that was what was highlighted. I think Clark is actually yearning to fly, and that is what he doesn't want to share with Chloe. There's no sign he's told anyone other than Martha about his plan to train with Jor-el, and this desire to embrace his heritage will cause big changes in his relationships with his loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
          I'm not convinced that he's planning to keep this from Chloe. I think he just needed time to think about it. Maybe he's feeling watched.
          Or jus confused cause MM he admitted could do things he only dreamed of.I dont fault him for bein confused and not really knowin what to say,but he did tell her tho.Its not like he didn't tell,he jus seemed confused cause this was a creature that could stop the zoner he couldn't.So I'd be confused too

Originally posted by RMF
          I agree that line was odd, but this was a badly written episode. Clark is intensely preoccupied in that scene, and evidently had been for some time, because he wasn't returning Chloe's calls. When he says that MM had powers he could only dream of, the strong implication is that he is referring to flight, not invisibility or the Zoner-frying, because that was what was highlighted. I think Clark is actually yearning to fly, and that is what he doesn't want to share with Chloe. There's no sign he's told anyone other than Martha about his plan to train with Jor-el, and this desire to embrace his heritage will cause big changes in his relationships with his loved ones.
          I agree he has alot on his mind,and I do think his comments about doin things he's only dreamed of is flyin.I do think he wants to learn now w/e he can from jor-el,as for wit chloe he jus feels alone.Tho she tries to tell him he's not he jus feels that way,I do think he's only told martha about him wantin to leave and it will effect chlark relationship even more.He didn't return her calls for a reason and she got worried but from what he jus saw I dont blame him for bein confused.
          Last edited by D.M.A.; 11-17-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
            So was Clark really the one that deleted the GA files? For some reason I have a hard time believing he's smart enough to completely erase files off of a hardive... I am surprised Chloe didn't find the files just chilling in her reycle bin, lol.
            true, one won't think he had the brains to delete those files

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be a fight between Chlark coming up (Ask Ausiello spoilers)?

Chloe keeping Lana's pregancy a secret and Clark not telling her things will culminate into a blowout...
              ...but, it'll just have to make room for a make up scene.

Comment

Clark does seem to be distancing himself from people. If Clark thought Chloe would be happy with jolly Jimmy, then Clark would not stand in her way. He has an annoying habit of standing back and watching other people being happy. If he does plan to go to the
                FOS for an extended period of time, he will need to "fix" things so no one will come looking for him and interrupt him. Chloe inadvertently interupted him once and perhaps Clark now feels that if he had completed his time with Jor el then, then Dark Thursday might not have happened. On the other hand, maybe Clark noticed the success that GA has had doing things on his own. And then again, maybe Clark's motives are as simple as he just didn't know what to say. Afterall, he had just seen some pretty gross stuff and he had just witnessed something which could put the world in very dire straits. We know who MM is, but Clark has no clue.

I do think that all the secrets Clark and Chloe are keeping from each other, regardless of how noble the motivation to keep those secrets, will undermine their relationship to some extent.

Comment

This is all in character for Clark. He tries to protect people by keeping things from them. In real life, it is usually best to be honest and this tends to build stronger relationships. But Clark's situation is pretty unique. He gets involved in really dangerous situations, and if his human friends get unnecessarily involved, they are going to die. Of course, they already get involved too much, and because this is TV they don't die.

Clark tends to use Chloe for research, but he does not want her tagging along when he goes after dangerous aliens like the zoners. She also does not have a right to participate in all of Clark's heroics. While this may seem like a bum deal for Chloe, they have an unequal relationship. He is a superhero, and she is a frail human. Whether or not Clark shows enough gratitude is another question, since that makes for boring TV. The writers could include some occassional scenes of Clark thanking Chloe for all the help she gives him.
                  Last edited by WalterK; 11-17-2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

I'm ready for a break between Clark and Chloe. She needs to do something else besides tagging after Clark. Clark needs to stand on his own for once.

Comment

Originally posted by jmf1977
                      I'm ready for a break between Clark and Chloe. She needs to do something else besides tagging after Clark. Clark needs to stand on his own for once.
                      Amen. I don't necessarily want them to hate each other or be angry with each other for a long time... but I want the dynamic of their relationship to change for the better.

Comment

I am also happy the shine of clark has worn off on chloe, I hope climmy continues. Chloe deserves to be treated as the number 1, not clark's second choice, ....or 3rd.....

Comment

^Exactly.

Comment

I have to agree that Clark is pushing Chloe away due to that he will be leaving for his training.

He will have to come up with a way to explain his suddenly leaving. He is the son of a state senator and reporters are going to go ape that Martha's son just disappears for no reason.

I think his "public" reason is that he is going on a "walkabout." To discover his place in the world.

It'll be interesting to find out how "lexana" reacts to his leaving Smallville for an undetermined amount of time. Even bigger question is how Lois is going to react.

Comment

I think that Clark and Chloe keeping things from one another will eventually lead to some major arguments between the two of them.. for the most part, over the years, they have been really tight friends and Clark has ALWAYS been able to count on Chloe. Now he is seeing that maybe Chloe has a few secrets of her own plus with the fact that Jimmy is now her boyfriend, maybe he is backing away from her and realizing that his destiny is going to be a hard one and he doesn't want her to be in any more danger than she has been in. Clark seems like the world is on his shoulders but what Chloe said makes SO MUCH SENSE!!!

Chloe: "Sometimes heroes even need saving."

Loved it.. I have always been a Chlarker and I always will be but I guess what means the most to me is that their friendship always be as special and as real as it has been..

Comment

A poster at TWoP theorized that Clark had just seen some pretty traumatic events in Seattle (the boneless bodies as a result of the predator he himself set loose). To me, Clark was mostly miffed from all the trauma and bloodshed, and I think he feels a lot of responsibility for it and didn't find it necessary to share that with Chloe. Granted, it's his overprotective mechanism kicking in, but I don't think he did it to cause strife in he and Chloe's friendship. Now he just needs to find the way to tell her that.

And personally, until Clark found the cookie, I got the distinct impression that he wanted to go after Chloe and explain things to her. But it's good build-up for their big blowout fight...and ultimate make-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎