Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Routh
    Best Episode - 321, your final numbers for the season were incorrect.

#6-1 "Zod" - 4.96 Million
    #6-2 "Sneeze" - 4.52 Million
    #6-3 "Wither" - 4.88 Million
    #6-4 "Arrow" - 4.65 Million
    #6-5 "Reunion" - 4.79 Million
    #6-6 "Fallout" - 4.93 Million
    #6-7 "Rage" - 4.47 Million

Sneeze, Arrow, and Fallout are lower. Fallout did not beat Zod.
    I must have typed in Sneeze's ratings wrong it is 4.52 million, but the numbers I gave for Arrow, Fallout and Rage are the correct final ratings. I think you are confusing the fast national ratings with the final ratings for those episodes.

Here are the links to where I got the final ratings.

Arrow Final Ratings

Fallout Final Ratings

Rage Final Ratings

These are the correct numbers. Sorry to all for the confusion.

Season 6 Week-to-Week Comparison

Zod.........4.96 million*
    Sneeze......4.52*
    Wither......4.88*
    Arrow.......4.71*
    Reunion.....4.79*
    Fallout.....5.01*
    Rage........4.46*
    Static......4.70*

* Final ratings

Comment

Wow, Static got more viewers than Rage. I thought Rage was a better episode than Static. CW promo dept did really good this time in getting viewers to tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by mag
        Okay, the CW is the combination of The WB and UPN. So there are more stations airing the CW shows, right ? So how come the rating aren't higher ? More stations = more viewers but it looks like there are less viewers than last season, which isn't, in my opinion, satisfying.
        No dosen't happen that way in fact the CW does not cover all of what the WB did. There are places in the US that can't see the show.

One thing is that all of us that have Directv and Dish Network are not counted for the any of the ratings that also goes for any of the shows that we watch, (I called and asked them if we were counted).

So what you are seeing or not a full count of the numbers, since we are not counted there could of been a couple million or more viewers. So we may be up a few more people then what is reported or less depending on the way the numbers are counted.

Jack
        Last edited by jack1487; 11-19-2006, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking the ratings have little to do with how good the particular episode is but more to do with how many watched. If the next episodes ratings drop off it might be because many viewers were unimpressed by the previous episode and didn't bother to tune in again. As a result they might have heard they missed a better episode so they tune in the following week. That could explain some of the fluctuations in ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by canon
            Wow, Static got more viewers than Rage. I thought Rage was a better episode than Static. CW promo dept did really good this time in getting viewers to tune in.
            An episodes ratings are based quite a bit on how well the PRIOR episode was received.

If you liked #3, you will tune in for #4 and may even tell your friends, co-workers , etc, so #4, even if it mat have sucked, could get higher ratings then #3, though if #4 sucks major buttocks, #5 will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
              I must have typed in Sneeze's ratings wrong it is 4.52 million, but the numbers I gave for Arrow, Fallout and Rage are the correct final ratings. I think you are confusing the fast national ratings with the final ratings for those episodes.

Here are the links to where I got the final ratings.

Arrow Final Ratings

Fallout Final Ratings

Rage Final Ratings

These are the correct numbers. Sorry to all for the confusion.

Season 6 Week-to-Week Comparison

Zod.........4.96 million*
              Sneeze......4.52*
              Wither......4.88*
              Arrow.......4.71*
              Reunion.....4.79*
              Fallout.....5.01*
              Rage........4.46*
              Static......4.70*

* Final ratings
              Those are not the final numbers for Arrow, Fallout, and Rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                An episodes ratings are based quite a bit on how well the PRIOR episode was received.

If you liked #3, you will tune in for #4 and may even tell your friends, co-workers , etc, so #4, even if it mat have sucked, could get higher ratings then #3, though if #4 sucks major buttocks, #5 will suffer.
                Not so....

Fallout was very good episode and received quite well (5.01 million viewers), Rage which followed that episode did poor in the ratings when I thought it was pretty good episode. Ratings for Static (horrible eppy imho) were higher than Rage. I guess it all comes down to how well an episode is promoted will bring in the viewers. Rage was promoted as Green Arrow doing drugs. Static was promoted as a showdown between Clark and Batista (a pz escapee) and Martian Manhunter appearance.
                Last edited by canon; 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canon
                  Not so....

Fallout was very good episode and received quite well (5.01 million viewers), Rage which followed that episode did poor in the ratings when I thought it was pretty good episode. Ratings for Static (horrible eppy imho) were higher than Rage. I guess it all comes down to how well an episode is promoted will bring in the viewers. Rage was promoted as Green Arrow doing drugs. Static was promoted as a showdown between Clark and Batista (a pz escapee) and Martian Manhunter appearance.
                  I think it was a mixture of a previous episode and DEFINITELY how Static was promoted. I sure thought I was going to see Clark in some great actions sequences...and got a soap opera instead with approximately 8 mins. of Clark. I watched for Clark because that is what was advertised.

I also tuned in because RAGE showed a really dysfunctional Lex/Lana and thought that was going to be interesting. Than all that was taken away so abruptly that my head is still spinning of what the heck..who is the dark haired girl with the sweet lovey dovey bald guy...Is he really the villian of the story or the sweetheart teddy bear..awwww! Heck I miss the villian..we need a villian. Not a bald casanova.

Comment

Sitcomsonline.com (The Links I posted) and abcmedianet.com both have those numbers as the final ratings.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Comment

yes they are, got the same numbers from the L.A. Times

Comment

Final Ratings - Nov. 13 - 19

1. America's Next Top Model - 4.71 million
                        2. Smallville - 4.70 million
                        3. Gilmore Girls - 4.51 million (Tie)
                        3. 7th Heaven - 4.51 million (Tie)
                        5. Reba(7:30) - 4.34 million
                        6. Smackdown - 4.21 million
                        7. Reba(7:00) - 3.69 million
                        8. Everybody Hates Chris - 3.22 million
                        9. Supernatural - 3.16 million
                        10. One Tree Hill - 3.15 million
                        11. All Of Us - 3.1 million
                        12. Girlfriends - 2.98 million
                        13. Veronica Mars - 2.69 million
                        14. The Game - 2.43 million
                        15. America's Next Top Model(Encore) - 1.83 million

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                          Final Ratings - Nov. 13 - 19

1. America's Next Top Model - 4.71 million
                          2. Smallville - 4.70 million
                          3. Gilmore Girls - 4.51 million (Tie)
                          3. 7th Heaven - 4.51 million (Tie)
                          5. Reba(7:30) - 4.34 million
                          6. Smackdown - 4.21 million
                          7. Reba(7:00) - 3.69 million
                          8. Everybody Hates Chris - 3.22 million
                          9. Supernatural - 3.16 million
                          10. One Tree Hill - 3.15 million
                          11. All Of Us - 3.1 million
                          12. Girlfriends - 2.98 million
                          13. Veronica Mars - 2.69 million
                          14. The Game - 2.43 million
                          15. America's Next Top Model(Encore) - 1.83 million
                          Well it looks like we are caughting up with ANTM which is moving up on the list some INMHO!

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Farm_Girl
                            If people switched in after seeing Batista and Clark confrontation trailer and got to watch Lexanachimmyville, then I guess ratings for Subterranean would be pretty ugly.
                            Ratings for Subterranean are going to be terrible anyway because it's buried right in the middle of the repeats. I don't see how the Lexana will be responsible for a drop, ratings have actually stayed steady so far in spite of early season 6 having plenty of Lexana. If Lexana is so hated, ratings would have dropped after Wither wouldn't they?

Having a hiatus is just a bad idea in my opinion as it means the season will lose momentum, and casual viewers don't always know when it's supposed to be back on. Look at what happened with season 5 after the long hiatus between Cyborg and Hypnotic. And Static didn't even end with a trailer saying when Subterranean was airing, so a lot of people aren't expecting a new episode until January

Comment

Can anyone give me a link or post the ratings for season 4 and season 5? Thanks.

Comment

i loved that episode . but i hope that theires gonna be more martian manhunter in the future episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎