TV Ratings for "Static"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya i dont get why mislead anything. they want to keep viewers and showing them what they wnt to see in the trailer will keep them for an episode but may not come back. they probably should have hinted manhunter and not show him in the trailer and show half of batista and parts with lex in the static zone.

the only thing i can see keeping the new viewers with the show is the martian manhunter arc. unless if they like all the mushy stuff.

its good that the ratings went up a bit tho. looked like fallout had the most and i agree that so far thats been the best zoner episode so far.

Comment

Okay, the CW is the combination of The WB and UPN. So there are more stations airing the CW shows, right ? So how come the rating aren't higher ? More stations = more viewers but it looks like there are less viewers than last season, which isn't, in my opinion, satisfying.

Comment

nope some stations droped WB and UPN and never picked up The CW, so actually as strange as it sounds there are considerably less stations with The CW. There are intire counties, if not states, that dont get Smallville.

Comment

Everyone should was wanting to be breathless in those last five minutes. NOT.
          The ratings are still bad and it couldn't be the waste of another Zoner or MM because we didn't know beforehand it would be a totally Lexana centered episode.

Comment

The quality of this episode will have a greater effect on future episode ratings than it did for this one. The good thing TPTB have going for them, is the break. They can hope people forget about some of the stuff that went on earlier and heavily advertise Clark starting to fulfill his destiny right before the break ends. They will have to follow through, no more bait and switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
              nope some stations droped WB and UPN and never picked up The CW, so actually as strange as it sounds there are considerably less stations with The CW. There are intire counties, if not states, that dont get Smallville.
              This is true, and a lot of people download the episodes since they don't get CW.

Comment

Season Averages up to 11/15/2006

Only the final numbers were used therefore Smallville, Supernatural, Smackdown, and 7th Heaven have not been added for this week.

5.07 million America's Next Top Model
                4.76 million Smallville
                4.61 million Gilmore Girls
                4.25 million Friday Night Smackdown
                3.63 million 7th Heaven
                3.51 million Supernatural
                3.21 million One Tree Hill
                3.00 million Everybody Hates Chris
                2.99 million Veronica Mars
                2.87 million Girlfriends
                2.74 million All of Us
                2.59 million The Game

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                  I would expect the wrestler guy to bring in a slight bump. And with the promotion, I'm sure people tuned in thinking they were getting a fight.

Boy, were they duped.
                  I'm guessing that they promoted the "fight" because they know that Lexana doesn't bring in any viewers and that it's extremely unpopular. So they had to basically mislead the audience in what the episode was really about.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                    Season Averages up to 11/15/2006

Only the final numbers were used therefore Smallville, Supernatural, Smackdown, and 7th Heaven have not been added for this week.

5.07 million America's Next Top Model
                    4.76 million Smallville
                    4.61 million Gilmore Girls
                    4.25 million Friday Night Smackdown
                    3.63 million 7th Heaven
                    3.51 million Supernatural
                    3.21 million One Tree Hill
                    3.00 million Everybody Hates Chris
                    2.99 million Veronica Mars
                    2.87 million Girlfriends
                    2.74 million All of Us
                    2.59 million The Game
                    With numbers like this, Smallville could go on for two more years after this one. The ratings being so high compared to the other CW shows might end up being the curse of this show because TPTB will just continue to water down this show to stay on the air.

Comment

They won't be able to do that because the actors contracts run out after seven years.

They'd have to make it a spin-off because I'm pretty sure that Tom, Michael, and Kristen will all definitely leave after season 7

Comment

^^I don't think SV would go beyond S7 either. TW and MR are interested in doing movies now. Besides Al Miles also hinted that there can be only one more season after 6, and I guess it would be plenty to show all things Superman.

If people switched in after seeing Batista and Clark confrontation trailer and got to watch Lexanachimmyville, then I guess ratings for Subterranean would be pretty ugly.

We'll have to wait for the hiatus to be over before we get some decent Smallville..

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                          Not surprising. Everybody clearly wanted to see Batista and Clark. Great job by TPTB deceiving the viewers. They keep this up, they can go 8 seasons easily.
                          I agree most wanted to see batista/clark those 2 were barely in the episode,yet static was promoted as if it was based around them.Tptb messed up a potential good villan,I would have luv to see more from batista/clark.I was actually suprise we had a fotw & a zoner,but even then they have had the zoner the main plot/villan of static and the fotw as the backstory.Its like clark is gettin pushed aside til justice smh

Comment

Final Ratings fell a little bit (60,000 viewers)

SMALLVILLE 4.7 million, 2.0/5 (18-49), 1.9/5 (25-54)

Link to Final Ratings

Comment

I'm glad that the ratings went up. It is really to bad that the episode was promoted the way it was. Smallville had a chance to grab more viewers that tuned in for Batista and got robbed of a big fight. I've been with Smallville since day one and I even felt a little cheated and I don't mind Lexana that much.

Comment

Best Episode - 321, your final numbers for the season were incorrect.

#6-1 "Zod" - 4.96 Million
                                #6-2 "Sneeze" - 4.52 Million
                                #6-3 "Wither" - 4.88 Million
                                #6-4 "Arrow" - 4.65 Million
                                #6-5 "Reunion" - 4.79 Million
                                #6-6 "Fallout" - 4.93 Million
                                #6-7 "Rage" - 4.47 Million

Sneeze, Arrow, and Fallout are lower. Fallout did not beat Zod.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎