Rate this episode and post your thoughts on it

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, saw this episode for the first time. Only thing I didn't like about it was not enough Clark. It seemed like he was in it for a total of ten minutes, but oh well. I liked how they placed the oreos everywhere the Martian Manhunter was and liked how they showed him flying away. Cool episode.

Comment

• Despite my better judgement, I switched back and forth between this repeat and the hockey game last night. This was BY FAR the WORST episode in the history of the series, quite possibly the worst episode in ANY Superman themed medium ( movies, all tv shows from the 40's serial to cartoons, comics, etc )!!!! I was literally mortified by how horrendous and disgusting it was. I had to turn away from the screen several times it was sooo hard to watch!!! Sorry, Clana haters, I'd watch 22 episodes of Ageless all of next season than one milisecond of Static EVER again!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ehh... no action and too much drama. The only thing i liked was the mini "fight" but more important the COOKIE!! and that super red eyed guy... i want to see him again soon please.

Quite impressive red eyed guy was in Clark's place and didn't even notice...

Gotta love the cookie. Awesome detail, DO IT AGAIN just randomly in another episode please! please! please!
        PLEASE!

Comment

• Terrible. I hated this episode more than the exploding baby.

Comment

• I didn't mind the episode, it wasn't the most exciting episode in the series, but it was still good.

Comment

• i liked it :}

Comment

• Cool batista from the wwe was in there awsome

----- Added 31 Seconds later -----

i like when clark fought the villan
                Last edited by lex fan 10; 03-22-2009, 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I really love how the Lexana ship was progressed in this episode. Lana remembered why she loved Lex, and there were some really nice Chimmy moments (The Infuriator - LOL!). And Kristen Kruek's acting in the scene close to the end when she admits her love for Lex... Beautiful.

Comment

• I loved this episode.#2 on my top 3.Liked the phantom,the cliffhanger,33.1 and a new superhero

Comment

• I'm kind of surprised that I didn't vote "Hated It." In the past, I've always said it's one of the worst episodes of the season. Actually, I STILL think it's one of the worst of the season, but I guess that means that the season wasn't QUITE as bad as I thought it was (in comparison to others). I still hate that phantom Aldar. I ALWAYS will hate that character. Too disgustingly gross. I mean, I guess it showed us, again, how Clark's fairly vulnerable to the phantoms, and it introduced Martian Manhunter, but... ugh. Chowing down on human bone marrow and ripping out their skeletons? That's nasty. SUPER-nasty. Ugh. Bronson, on the other hand, while having one of the goofiest super-powers ever invented, provided a pretty cool plotline that gave Jimmy, Chloe, and Lana all something to do, and amped up the Lexana tension even more. Kristin Kreuk's acting in the scene where she was talking to Lex, who she couldn't see due to his being stuck in another frequency, was pretty powerful, actually. The Level 33.1 storyline got a nod in a major way here, too, so I liked that element, and the resolution of it, which sort of put Chloe and Lana at odds, if only slightly, and Lionel and Lex in an interesting power struggle once again. The proposal at the end of the episode kind of came out of nowhere, but was filmed very well, and provided a nice cliffhanger. Chloe's conversation with Clark about "even heroes need to be saved" was pretty cool. Still, I'll have to give this only 2 and a half bags of human remains out of 10 for being one of the grossest episodes of Smallville I've seen.

Comment

• Watching it now, idk why, its painful. the A Lexanna plot is terrible but Ehh i enjoy the Clark Vs Batista stuff and the Martian Manhunter intro. The whole Lexanna thing is somthing that really kills most of the episodes for me, Why have them together? more drama? to shut out clark? at least make him proactive, they had this grand scale steller budget and there wasting it on a baby room for the Lex Jr and a jimmy olsen radio wave changer thingy? LOL!!! This is a painful disc to watch lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesay
                          Once I stopped having any expectations for the episodes they began to improve.
                          This is the only way to watch any television show.

Comment

• This is a hard one to rate.

-The Plot about Static boy was good

-The Clark Plot was subpar(nothing terrible but not really good either)
                            -Clark's lack of screen time was disappointing
                            -Chloe giving her stupid speech about heroes need saving annoyed me

If I just rate the Static Boy plot(ignoring how much I rather watch a show about Clark saving the day), I giving a solid B+

The Clark stuff is a D

So do I rate it on the good stuff or not so great stuff? In terms of being the worst episode of Season 6 I never get it, there is many worse things the show can do(see Promise)

Comment

• This episode was pretty bad. First, it's never a good idea to have an episode that doesn't focus on Clark, it's his show after all. Second, Lexana to me wasn't a problem, I just hated how they became the focus. And the FotW is pretty lame too. Why do Jimmy and Chloe get to be the heroes? Especially since what I think I hated most of all was Clark didn't do a single darn thing. I mean no fight with Batista.....NONE! This episode just a big letdown.

I give it a 3 out of 10 rating just for having MM.

Comment

• Come for the B plot, stay for the B plot. I don't mind that other characters are given a moment to shine, while Clark is allowed to rest for a few minutes. The show's called Smallville, not The Clark Kent Show or The Show Where Clark is in Every Scene. What I do mind is bad plots. The A plot is just terrible. Lana is given the most screentime and she uses it to highlight why she is a terrible character. She's so incredibly gulible. Then there's Chloe. She objects to Clark running off, to handle an escaped Zoner, who is murdering people, when they've just learned that Lex has gone missing. The Zoner is the obvious priority.

Lex is shown to be surprised by the announcement that Lana is pregnant. In clear contradiction to what will be revealed later in the season. Were they originally going to have her have a baby and then changed their minds? If that's the case, that's a shame, because I could see some story potential with said baby. It strikes me as obvious, if they had kept the baby as real and Lana had given birth, it wouldn't just be a regular child (and likely aged rapidly to its teens/early 20's). Its mother went around with a Kryptonite necklace for over a decade and the father was once turned into a Kryptonian. These factors could effect the kid's DNA. Resulting in anything from a metahuman to a human-Kryptonian hybrid. It could even have turned out to not even be Lex's child. Perhaps Brainiac implanted Lana with some of Zod's DNA (to speed up the process of her producing a child to Zod). Sadly, they went with fake baby instead.

The B plot was the highlight of the episode. It features Clark going up against Aldar (played by Dave Bautista) and encountering Martian Manhunter for the first time. In retrospect it's funny to see Dave Bautista (now best known for playing a green-skinned alien) be killed by a green-skinned alien.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎