No announcement yet.

What is with Lois putting down Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deana
    This season the writers have started making fun of Clark through other characters. I used to make fun of him until I noticed this. Me don't like my own medicine.

Lana and Lex have been the ringleaders. Ollie did it under the guise of the drug.

It speaks a lot for Clark that he hasn't been sulking because of it. Of course, some of it he doesn't know about.
    I was very much offended when Lois uttered that line. Other than the bad writing explanation (since there are proof to show that she does hold Clark in high regard), she should have known better.

Everyone was really hard on Clark this episode. I feel pretty bad for him. But like someone said, he wasn't made of glass. Also, the fact that he didn't make a big deal out of it and still even tried to help despite everyone going off the deep end on him, has just simply increased my esteem for this guy.

Comment

The words were harsh but to be honest, what did you guys expect her to say? "Yeah we can use your signature tractor driving move to help find Ollie!"

If she knew about his powers she would ask for his help, but everybody on Smallville basically goes to Chloe for help.

Clark sometimes uses his sources like Lionel and he went to Ollie for the satalite pictures, but 90% of the time, his source was/is Chloe.

Comment

Since I've been writing fics for the show, I've been paying much more attention to the way the characters were portrayed at any given time. The banter and dialogue between Clark and Lois is a key aspect of the show but I think the writers wrote the interaction between the characters very unevenly in season 6. Sure, the fun, the teasing and the softer moments were all there in the episodes where both appeared, but there was also a smattering of barbed comments that seemed to cross a line. The unevenness is very evident in this episode.

In this episode, it's Lois saying things that are unnecessarily harsh and without any real context. Later on in the season, if you watch the scene in 'Combat' where Lois comes to the Talon after returning from an assignment, she says she needs a story desperately. Nothing wrong with that as I'm sure it happens to even the best reporters from time to time, but Clark snipes at her with a comment about needing a shower and a coffee before leaving with Chloe. The words could be taken as their usual banter but as with Lois in this episode, the manner of the delivery is very unfriendly and we have no context for the shift in attitude.

There was a deleted scene from season 7's 'Siren' where the bantering was uneven. Lois sees Clark at the DP carrying packed lunches and makes a snarky-friendly comment. The scene is obviously set after the main events of the episode as Lois' break-up with Oliver is referenced, and Clark's response is dismissive in a manner that suggests he's irritated with her over something she did. She hadn't said or done anything to elicit such a reply so the effect is jarring. They canned that scene and put in the Talon scene instead, which works a lot better.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎