No announcement yet.

What is with Lois putting down Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kal-ed
    I agree, but I was even more upset by the line in the hospita, he ofered his help and she practicaly mocked him " Yeah, thatīll be a big help (in a sarcastic tone)... Il just call Chloe".

Evven if calling Chloe is the best choice (since she did most of the finding) Lois had no reason to be mean to Clark for offering his help.

And yes Lois and Lana seem to have selective amnesia of all the times Clark has saved them (with out counting the ones they dont know about)
    I look at Lois' line from a different standpoint, a writing standpoint. The writers are basically trashing Clark here and elevating Chloe even more. I have a really big problem with that, because what Lois said was 100 percent correct, like it or not. Clark is going to go to Chloe because he wouldn't be able to get the job done. The fact that the writers have to point this out to us after seeing it constantly on this show is a terrible job. That's what's wrong with the Clark/Chloe friendship in a nutshell.

Comment

Do people not pay attention to what actually transpires? Clark was the one that found out Ollie was taking drugs, and stole the sample. Chloe took the sample to one of her contacts at the lab (not something that requires a genuis IQ). Ollie disappeared after hurting Lois. Clark went looking for him, but couldn't find him (which isn't unreasonable, given that Clark doesn't know him that well, and Ollie is bright enough to know how to hide). He went back to Chloe who had gotten the information back from her contact, and they looked at it on her computer (again, reading something on a computer that a contact got you does NOT require a genius IQ, and Chloe wouldn't have anything to view if CLARK hadn't gotten her the sample in the first place). Clark and Chloe go to the lab. Its Clark that uses his X-ray vision, tears open the file and finds the information on LuthorCorp. Clark than goes looking for Lex to warn him. Chloe does not find Ollie, or anyone, and does not go with him to find Lex. And when Clark finds Lex, he finds Ollie.

And none of that is here or there in regards to this topic, since there is STILL no damned good reason for Lois to be an insulting cow to a person thats been there for her over and over and over again. If she wants to say "thanks, but I'm going to call Chloe just in case", than thats no problem. And it still doesn't address her far more insulting comment about Clark abandoning people. And neither of these things has a thing to do with the Chlark partnership.

JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
        Clark went looking for him, but couldn't find him (which isn't unreasonable, given that Clark doesn't know him that well, and Ollie is bright enough to know how to hide). He went back to Chloe who had gotten the information back from her contact, and they looked at it on her computer (again, reading something on a computer that a contact got you does NOT require a genius IQ, and Chloe wouldn't have anything to view if CLARK hadn't gotten her the sample in the first place). Clark and Chloe go to the lab. Its Clark that uses his X-ray vision, tears open the file and finds the information on LuthorCorp. Clark than goes looking for Lex to warn him. Chloe does not find Ollie, or anyone, and does not go with him to find Lex. And when Clark finds Lex, he finds Ollie.
        You're wrong here BT. Clark didn't find information on Luthorcorp. Clark found information on the halfway house, it was Chloe who told Clark that Lex funded the house. That's why Clark went looking for Lex. Without Chloe mentioning that Lex was involved, Clark would've had no idea to go find Lex. Chloe was the one who put the pieces together, not Clark, and without Chloe, Clark wouldn't have known what to do. He wouldn't have known about the scientist, that's the first thing, and if Chloe hadn't gone with him to the lab, he wouldn't have known to go find Lex. Now if you want to get on Lois for calling Chloe, that's fine. But as I've said above, I view it more as a terrible job in writing the episode where TPTB have to constantly elevate Chloe above Clark. Given what I just said above, it was Chloe who did the investigating, not Clark, so Lois was right to call Chloe. TPTB continue to make Clark look like he needs Chloe to do anything on this show and I hate that, and now they have Lois, a character on the show, point it out to stick it in our faces. Just awful.
        Last edited by myankskent; 11-14-2006, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Come on! She was thrown through a table.

And let's face it. Clark, to those not in the know, is a bit of a wimpy dork. Lois just called it as she seen it. Of course she's secretly in love with him so she probably needs to insult him.

It's her idea of flirting.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
            Oh jeeze, Clark isn't made of glass. Trust me, he's not going to shatter if someone says something that you may think hurts his feelings. Clarkie needs a good kick to the behind every once and awhile. Especially when he tell's Lois to stay away from her BOYFRIEND, he's got no room to talk in the romance department. Cut and run, isn't everyone's style. Clark better learn that, or he's never going to land Lois.

LOL, and Lois calling Chloe to help instead of just nodding and agreeing with Clark made perfect sense. Chloe is the real hero afterall! Clark is just her little beeatch.
            Aw, poor little Clarkie. We have to protect him from the big bad wolf; because you know little Clarkie is perfect and never does anything wrong. He hasn't ever been a jerk to anyone-ever.

Comment

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
              Aw, poor little Clarkie. We have to protect him from the big bad wolf; because you know little Clarkie is perfect and never does anything wrong. He hasn't ever been a jerk to anyone-ever.
              Sarcasm duely noted. I mean, Lois was probably just a little aggravated because she just found out her boyfriend was on drugs. I'm pretty sure I would be a little agitated, too. Come on, the girl was just blowing off some frustration. And like someone said on here earlier, Clark isn't made of glass. One jerkish comment from Lois isn't going to break his heart.

Comment

You're wrong here BT. Clark didn't find information on Luthorcorp. Clark found information on the halfway house, it was Chloe who told Clark that Lex funded the house.
                So, wouldn't that indicate a give-and-take sort of interaction, rather then Chloe doing everthing as you assert? And how did Chloe know about the halfway house being funded by Luthorcorp? No special deal there, Lana told her. Oh yes, only a super-genius could've been told by Lana So, bottom line, Clark finds the paperwork, Chloe knows who funds the halfway house.

That's why Clark went looking for Lex. Without Chloe mentioning that Lex was involved, Clark would've had no idea to go find Lex.
                And without Clark finding the files, what would Chloe have known to do?

He wouldn't have known about the scientist, that's the first thing, and if Chloe hadn't gone with him to the lab, he wouldn't have known to go find Lex.
                And if Clark hadn't found out about the drug, got the sample, and alerted Chloe to it, then Chloe wouldn't have known about the scientist either. Clark acted first.

Why are you ignoring what Clark brought to the table, and just fixating on Chloe? Without Clark, none of this starts, without Clark, Chloe doesn't find the files. And finally, without Clark, Lex is dead and Ollie is a murderer. All that is fact. Chloe's contribution doesn't negate Clarks. So if Clark doesn't do everything, 100% alone, then it doesn't count?

But as I've said above, I view it more as a terrible job in writing the episode where TPTB have to constantly elevate Chloe above Clark.
                Except its not my opinion that they elevated Chloe above Clark. I saw Clark being far more integral to what happened then Chloe. Chloe contributed, yes. But that negates everything that Clark did? Sorry, I don't follow that logic.

Given what I just said above, it was Chloe who did the investigating, not Clark, so Lois was right to call Chloe.
                What investigating? She got info from one of her bio-chem buds, then she recognized the name of the halfway house that Lana had mentioned to her earlier. What investigating? And again, I'll ask you...what did Lois think Chloe was going to do? Even if she found Ollie, what did Lois think Chloe was going to do next? So no, I don't think Lois was right to blow off Clark and call Chloe.

TPTB continue to make Clark look like he needs Chloe to do anything on this show and I hate that, and now they have Lois, a character on the show, point it out to stick it in our faces. Just awful.
                Not in my opinion. But I don't have a Chloe hate going on. Frankly, I don't have a Lois hate going on either. But I do think Lois' comments were uncalled for in this episode.

Which, after all, this thread was supposed to be about. Not about Chloe.

Yes, of course, thats exactly what people were saying. You saw right through us there.
                Last edited by BadToad; 11-14-2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Aw, poor little loisie, just got her butt-kicked very easily, she must have been mistaken and thought she was a wonder(ful) woman. She isn't.

What is 100% correct is that lois has shown herself to be sharp of tongue and dull of wit through-out her Smallville career and the undeserved recipient of her venom is often Clark.

Comment

I admit Clark seems to be a little less of a joke this season, but I don't think he got the epithet BDA for nothing. He needs to be told off once in a while, and he did abandon Lana after lying to her that he didn't love her anymore. Good job Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
                      I admit Clark seems to be a little less of a joke this season, but I don't think he got the epithet BDA for nothing. He needs to be told off once in a while, and he did abandon Lana after lying to her that he didn't love her anymore. Good job Clark.
                      True.

Besides, it doesn't matter if some of the audience thinks Lois was stepped beyond her ungrateful self towards their idol Superman, because Clark obvisouly likes that about her! Lois Lane doesn't sugarcoat things and hold his wittle hand. He does marry her afterall! Lois is doing something right!

Comment

So, wouldn't that indicate a give-and-take sort of interaction, rather then Chloe doing everthing as you assert? And how did Chloe know about the halfway house being funded by Luthorcorp? No special deal there, Lana told her. Oh yes, only a super-genius could've been told by Lana So, bottom line, Clark finds the paperwork, Chloe knows who funds the halfway house.
                        You have to understand where I'm coming from here because you and I differ on this. I don't want Clark using his powers to find a piece of paper and then have Chloe act as his brain to go and tell him what to do. Most episodes are exactly like this, where Clark uses his powers to find something, Chloe gives him the info on it and then tells Clark to go off on his merry way OR you have a situation where Clark goes to Chloe, she digs up something on her little computer, and then Clark goes to a location mentioned by Chloe and uses his powers to save the day. Clark is supposed to be an investigative reporter, now maybe that doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me. I'd like to see the guy figure things out for himself. And in this situation, Chloe figured out everything and Clark ripped open a safe and found some paperwork that Chloe had to tell him about. That doesn't tickle my fancy.

And if Clark hadn't found out about the drug, got the sample, and alerted Chloe to it, then Chloe wouldn't have known about the scientist either. Clark acted first.
                        True, good point. However, Chloe and her contacts had to put all of the pieces together for Clark, that's the problem that I have. How about we see Clark figuring things out for a change. If Clark Kent was not known as an investigative reporter, I wouldn't have a problem with what happens all of the time on this show. But the fact that he needs Chloe for virtually everything when it comes to investigations, that's my problem. It's like what people say about GA acting as the hero and taking away things from Clark, Chloe is taking away the "Clark Kent" side of him by doing all of the research and investigating. If people have a problem with GA stealing the show, I can have a problem with Chloe stealing the show. Ollie takes the hero aspect away from Clark and Chloe takes the investigative reporter aspect away from Clark. JMHO.

Why are you ignoring what Clark brought to the table, and just fixating on Chloe? Without Clark, none of this starts, without Clark, Chloe doesn't find the files. And finally, without Clark, Lex is dead and Ollie is a murderer. All that is fact. Chloe's contribution doesn't negate Clarks. So if Clark doesn't do everything, 100% alone, then it doesn't count?
                        See above. You've seen enough Smallville episodes to see what my point is on this. This is nothing new. And yes, I give Clark credit for this episode, but let's not lose sight of what we are talking about here, or at least what I'm talking about. In response to Lois' comment, was she right or wrong when she said that she'd rather call Chloe to help? From the point of Lois calling Chloe, who figured things out first, Chloe or Clark? Answer: Chloe because she had her contact pull up information on the scientist. And it bothers me to no end that even the writers are acknowledging that Chloe is the girl to go to in order to get the information, not Clark, which was the whole point of Lois' line right there.

Except its not my opinion that they elevated Chloe above Clark. I saw Clark being far more integral to what happened then Chloe. Chloe contributed, yes. But that negates everything that Clark did? Sorry, I don't follow that logic.
                        I never said that negates everything that Clark did. I was responding to what you said in terms of CLARK being the one who found the info out about Luthorcorp, which was incorrect, he found out the info about the halfway house, it was Chloe who ultimately got Clark to the endpoint. Now you want to start bringing up the fact that Clark found out that Ollie was using drugs and say that I am taking that away from Clark, when in actuality, I never even mentioned that in the first place. Of course Clark gets the credit for that.

What investigating? She got info from one of her bio-chem buds, then she recognized the name of the halfway house that Lana had mentioned to her earlier. What investigating? And again, I'll ask you...what did Lois think Chloe was going to do? Even if she found Ollie, what did Lois think Chloe was going to do next? So no, I don't think Lois was right to blow off Clark and call Chloe.
                        We're getting into the same type of debate that we had with Lana back in the spring. Lois doesn't see Clark as an investigative reporter, she sees Chloe as one. She has the tools to work with, not Clark. Lois also doesn't know that Clark has powers and in the earlier discussion between these two, Clark told Lois to stay away from Oliver and never mentioned that he was going to help him. That's why Lois told him that she doesn't abandon the people that she cares about like Clark. Lois doesn't have all of the info on Clark, and in both conversations, Lois was clearly upset about Oliver and she got a little testy with Clark, perfectly understandable, especially during the first conversation. In the hospital, Lois merely eliminated the middle man, Clark, and went straight to the person that could have a clue where Oliver was, Chloe. And you know what? She was right.

Not in my opinion. But I don't have a Chloe hate going on. Frankly, I don't have a Lois hate going on either. But I do think Lois' comments were uncalled for in this episode.
                        It's all connected because Lois' comment in the hospital had to do with Chloe's skills so Chloe's character is certainly a part of this conversation when you look at how the episode broke down after that hospital scene.

Comment

Do people not pay attention to what actually transpires? Clark was the one that found out Ollie was taking drugs, and stole the sample. Chloe took the sample to one of her contacts at the lab (not something that requires a genuis IQ). Ollie disappeared after hurting Lois. Clark went looking for him, but couldn't find him (which isn't unreasonable, given that Clark doesn't know him that well, and Ollie is bright enough to know how to hide). He went back to Chloe who had gotten the information back from her contact, and they looked at it on her computer (again, reading something on a computer that a contact got you does NOT require a genius IQ, and Chloe wouldn't have anything to view if CLARK hadn't gotten her the sample in the first place). Clark and Chloe go to the lab. Its Clark that uses his X-ray vision, tears open the file and finds the information on LuthorCorp. Clark than goes looking for Lex to warn him. Chloe does not find Ollie, or anyone, and does not go with him to find Lex. And when Clark finds Lex, he finds Ollie.

And none of that is here or there in regards to this topic, since there is STILL no damned good reason for Lois to be an insulting cow to a person thats been there for her over and over and over again. If she wants to say "thanks, but I'm going to call Chloe just in case", than thats no problem. And it still doesn't address her far more insulting comment about Clark abandoning people. And neither of these things has a thing to do with the Chlark partnership.

JMHO
                          Exactly! One shouldn't mix The Chloe/Clark partnership or the issues one has with the said partnership into the 'was Lois to abrasive?' discussion, because the two things aren't related!
                          No matter what, Lois should have been more polite, there is no need to be rude, a habit which occures quite often when Lois is concerned I may add! the girl simply has no tact whatsoever!
                          As for Chloe and Clark, well I am not even going to comment on that one, it's apparent, more and more lately, that no matter what Chloe does, people won't be satisfied!
                          If she helps, they have problems with that, if she doesn't help, they raise an issue with that, if she gives someone advice, it's either the advice wasn't good enough or precise enough! I mean come on, give the girl a break, if you have such a problem with watching Clark seek help from Chloe all the time, well, then critizise Clark or write a letter to TPTB or something!
                          Last edited by umm; 11-15-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvilleobsessor17
                            She can't even be grateful that someone wants to help her, even though she's always rude to him. Lois is just evil.
                            THis is funny coming from a Clana fan, the one thing I didnt like about Lois was that she acted like Lana, Lana is the queen of ungreatfulnes against Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                              THis is funny coming from a Clana fan, the one thing I didnt like about Lois was that she acted like Lana, Lana is the queen of ungreatfulnes against Clark.
                              Well I don't know if you noticed but a lot of Clana's don't actually like Lana.

Comment

The hatred that I feel for that skank Lana I felt towards Lois for the first time. I usually love Lois' bluntness but as people have stated there have been episodes where she has thanked Clark for saving her ass. By the way the only reasoned TPTB have made Chloe integral to Clark investigating things is because in the grand scheme of things Chloe without Clark is a useless character. I admit in the past with her little arc with the Luthors and the fear of becoming like her mom were interesting but she has no story arc now. Her and Jimmy are a borefest. The writers have to include her some way.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎