No announcement yet.

What is with Lois putting down Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with Lois putting down Clark?

I was rewatching Rage during the re-airing on Sunday and the Lois line of (paraphased the best I remember) "unlike you Clark, I don't abandon those in need" really struck the wrong nerve with me. Why would she say this? And what would make her believe that Clark has ever abandoned anyone? Clark said nothing about him staying away, just wanting her to stay away for her own safety. That doesn't sound like he abandoned GA to me. Now I can understand if Lois said no, she's going to help out anyways. But I can't understand the accusation of Clark abandoning those in need.

If it's sarcasm, it crossed a line and were I Clark I would had been angered by that declaration especially knowing that Lois knows Clark does try to help whenever he can, even if she's only aware of a smidgen of what he does.

That was a very aggravating, and totally unnecessary line. I'm usually rather Lois neutral, but "Rage" definitely made me annoyed with Lois.

Comment

You know I hate that they put "abandon" a Lana word into Lois Lane's mouth. Next, she's going to moan that Ollie abandoned her when they broke up. Yuck!

Comment

yes, it was rather pointless and, to be honest, a stupid comment.

Comment

Lois seems to always be very defensive, and taking it out on the BDA all too often. She's afraid to get close to anyone for fear of being hurt. Ollie has been the rare exception to see her truly open up to some degree. Even then she ain't the brightest bulb not to know that Ollie is GA....then again it fits well into later years when Lois can't see past Clark's "disguise" to the real Superman.

But yeah, Lois wouldn't be my first choice to spend Christmas Eve with judging by her demeanor...!

Comment

I agree, but I was even more upset by the line in the hospita, he ofered his help and she practicaly mocked him " Yeah, that´ll be a big help (in a sarcastic tone)... Il just call Chloe".

Evven if calling Chloe is the best choice (since she did most of the finding) Lois had no reason to be mean to Clark for offering his help.

And yes Lois and Lana seem to have selective amnesia of all the times Clark has saved them (with out counting the ones they dont know about)

Comment

It was very strange to hear that line coming out of Lois' mouth. It's the type of soul-shredding line they usually give Lana. Lois' insults are typically crass and graceless, not vindictive. Besides, she'd have to have a serious case of amnesia to say this, because when she was making sad noises about having nowhere to live in Season 4, Clark invited her to live with the Kents, and she was barely a friend then. Also, in "Lucy", she credited him with helping people even when they treated him badly. I hope this is not some kind of wave of the future in writing for Lois.

Comment

Not dogging Lois but they have written her soooo poorly that I really can't stand her..

She has no right to have such *****iness towards Clark..

Comment

Why is Clark such a pushover? I'd like to see an episode where he punches her and she flies across the room.

Comment

I WOULD TOTALLY WATCH THAT!!!! Not only that, but I would treasure it forever and be buried with a copy of it in my casket. Ahh... that would be wonderful!!! Uh... anyhoo... Lois is pathetic. She can't even be grateful that someone wants to help her, even though she's always rude to him. Lois is just evil.

Comment

Oh jeeze, Clark isn't made of glass. Trust me, he's not going to shatter if someone says something that you may think hurts his feelings. Clarkie needs a good kick to the behind every once and awhile. Especially when he tell's Lois to stay away from her BOYFRIEND, he's got no room to talk in the romance department. Cut and run, isn't everyone's style. Clark better learn that, or he's never going to land Lois.

LOL, and Lois calling Chloe to help instead of just nodding and agreeing with Clark made perfect sense. Chloe is the real hero afterall! Clark is just her little beeatch. Especially since the question of the day is: Where did Clark go right after his conversation with Lois at the hospital? TO SEE CHLOE! LOL, if I was Lois, I'd go straight to the source as well. You don't talk to the muscle, you talk to the brains of the operation! Duh!

Comment

Actually, Clark did not go straight to Chloe. Listening to the dialogue can be awfully helpful When he goes to Chloe, he says (paraphrasing) "I haven't been able to find Oliver anywhere". So, while he's been out looking for Oliver, Chloe was doing work on the computer, using the sample that Clark got for her, and getting the information from her college contact. Acting as a team.

And even if dumba** Lois thought Chloe could find Ollie faster, then what? What did Lois think was going to happen next? Wouldn't Chloe have called...eh, let me think....Clark? Yes, and dumba** Lois knows that. So her hospital insult was just unnecessary.

And Lois can say she isn't going to stay away from Ollie without insinuating that Clark abandons people, when Lois knows from firsthand experiance that no such thing is true. Of course, after this episode, I did sort of wish that Clark had let the white slavery guys ship her off to Europe

Comment

I agree Lois is way to hard on Clark. also the part where she said he would do everything in his power to find him and she like laughs...its like what did he ever do to u

Comment

The ideal scenario for me would be if Clark did the exact same thing to Lois as he did to Ollie, thown against the wall.

Comment

Ah, this is the kind of thread that warms the cockles of my heart. Congratulations to almost 100 % of the above.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎