No announcement yet.

Unsafe Sex? ...Bad Lex!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
    I know I am old fashion, but that is a good point, if lana and lex married I got no problem, I don't like talking to my 10 year old that lexana is pregnant and is not married, its just not good superman stuff. You know what I mean?

I am with you on that one, although I really don't let my eleven year old daughter watch Smallville without my wife or I, it is rated PG, however she is intrested in the series, when something like the semi nude scenes I tell her to either leave the room or cover her eyes.

Before I get the "She will learn elsewhere" replies, I do know that, also we have had "the talk" with her and have purchased books for her on subjects that deal with the subjects she needs to learn, and my wife and I discuss them with her.
    Still, I will shield her from her getting blasted with such subjects she is not ready for.

She is a big Super fan, and has many pink Super-merchandise items.

Comment

yeah I totally agree STFanatic. You can kind of tell the show is based for older audiences. I think your totally right about the way you go about your kid watching the show. The show souldn't have be placated to younger audiences because we the fans who have been fans since we were younger shouldn't have kiddie shows shoved in our faces. While I still think young people should be able to enjoy the show because it's Superman. So you have to just understand that there can be mature themes and make sure you watch for them to be able to shy the kids away from it so it isn't blasted in their faces, while at the same time do what you hve been doing explaining as best you can and showing books that explain things in a way that is made for kids.
      It's 2006 and Smallville is a Young Adult- Adult comicbook show, you know that going in watching it and if you don't want your kids exposed don't let them watch or just explain things and just have them close there eyes when something mature happens.

If you want them to only see younger based superhero stuff, find cartoons or comics that are based towards kids and leave Smallville alone for Adults. Even alot of comics are to mature in my opinion for kids, look at things like Infinite Crisis, I think that story is way to complicated and violent for little kids but I think there great for me because I'm an adult. That's one thing I actually like about comics these days is alot of them are based to an older audience and the creators don't just dumb the stories down or make them cheesy like they use to in the old days. Comics way way way Pre-crisis that were made geared towards kids and alot of them were pretty cheesy or had things happen that just seemed like they didn't think adults could appreciate a well thought out ingrained mature storyline. Nowadays there are all kinds of comics and you can find ones that are mature and there are ones that children canenjoy and understand so I think that's alot better. I think the creators actually understand there is a audience with adults and Adults can appreciate comics.
      Last edited by gj430; 11-12-2006, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
        At least he don't have head lice.
        there are other things in other places worse than head lice.

Comment

This is a bit off topic...but if these characters were real, (I know they aren't), how funny would it be to run into them at the drug store while they're buying some kind of contraception.
          - 'Oh hey Lex, I read an article about your latest investment....huh? What's that in your hand?...I mean, nevermind...' - *quickly walks in the opposite direction*
          Sorry, maybe it's just me but I think that would be hilarious! LoL

---Back on topic---
          I agree with the statement: it takes two to tango...it takes two to make a baby, so they are both responsible. I know it's a shock for Lana, especially for it not being planned and all, but if she was willing to play the game of chance - in order to"satisfy" herself and Lex - she is now paying the price. How the whole baby storyline will be resolved is left wide open, but I expect the end result will be interesting.

Comment

Re: Re: Unsafe Sex? ...Bad Lex!

Originally posted by PKII
            How do you know he didn't? Condoms are not 100% safe read the instructions.

WHAT ?!?!!

They should put that on the box !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
              I know I am old fashion, but that is a good point, if lana and lex married I got no problem, I don't like talking to my 10 year old that lexana is pregnant and is not married, its just not good superman stuff. You know what I mean?
              Yeah you're right. But at least it's playing out as a sort of cautionary tale. Lana is unhappy about it and feels that it was an unpleasant surprise to a certain degree.

Comment

Well we don't know yet if there was birth control of any kind that was used and just didn't work. And it is both partners responsibilty to do so.

Though they should have used a condom because it helps prevent diseases, nevermind the birth control aspects. That being said, condoms have one of the higher rates of user error and so lower efficacy so they're (depending on the study) 80-85% to high end of 95-98% effective.

Also birth control pills in order to be most effective, and they have a very high efficacy rate when done so of 99%, have to be taken about the same time and every day. If someone was say, hit on the head and in the hospital (and isn't Lana in the hospital about evey other week? trading off with Lex being in the hospital) then her takin her bc pills would be very low on her list or priorties. Same if say, her boyfriend had been taken over by an evil space entity and wanted to take over the world, not to mention stabbing you in the hand. Taking one's bc at the right time, probably not up there on the "to do" list of the day.

And bc pills do take some time to work. They are not instaneously effective with one pill.

But even with taking the pills so that they are most effective in conjunction with using a condom correctly, doesn't guarentee that a person won't get pregnant (or get a disease for that matter). It just lowers the odds significantly. But as someone said, abstinence is the only way that guarentees no pregnancy, bible not withstanding.

Or maybe Lex just has some residual effects from his brush with Zodness and has some super sperm.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Unsafe Sex? ...Bad Lex!

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                  WHAT ?!?!!

They should put that on the box !!!!!
                  They are there. On the inside. You have to take the box completely apart to read the instructions. Even shows you how to put it on.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Unsafe Sex? ...Bad Lex!

Originally posted by PKII
                    They are there. On the inside. You have to take the box completely apart to read the instructions. Even shows you how to put it on.

*rips open box *

Oh...I see...oh, THAT's the right way...
                    Oh that's interesting...hmmmm, well, that make sense...pinch here...well then.

*makes mental note to read the F'N manual next time !! *

Comment

Even using condoms, birth contorl and spermacide every single time isn't 100% effective.

I learned this is grade 7. ..Didn't you? Maybe it's just Canada.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Unsafe Sex? ...Bad Lex!

anyway.. Clark will be very pissed off about this.. And ofcourse Lex will enjoy the situation very much.. [/B]
                        ok people what you're not thinking about is... a baby is a lot of responsability and cost a lot of money, how's lex going to afford the baby? ohh that's right he's a billionare. Oh not just a millionare but a billionare, way to go lana, clark's got nothing to offer you.

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH
                          Even using condoms, birth contorl and spermacide every single time isn't 100% effective.

I learned this is grade 7. ..Didn't you? Maybe it's just Canada.

Considering the US has a higher rate of teen pregnancy, maybe you guys don't teach it that well.

Comment

lol... in school they only taught the girls how to do it with banana's. They figured the guys'd never take the responsibility seriously. Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by kickarse
                              lol... in school they only taught the girls how to do it with banana's. They figured the guys'd never take the responsibility seriously. Go figure...
                              LOL !!

Banana's ??

Well, I hope they didn't use the jumbo variety or there will be some very disappointed girls out there .

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                                Considering the US has a higher rate of teen pregnancy, maybe you guys don't teach it that well.
                                I think you're confused.

I mean I'M from Canada.
                                Maybe it's just Canada that teaches it so young.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎