No announcement yet.

how do you feel about Clark ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaraofKrypton
    It seems to me that since you hate Clark so much, you should stop watching, instead of ranting and raving about the "flaws" you hate so much. This forum is here to discuss things about the show, not bash. It's great that you have an opinion, but I think most of us don't share it. Anyway, it's not worth blowing a gasket over...it is just a show... *ducks for cover from flying objects*

Never the less, this is a great debate. Exercise your mind for a sec. This goes beyound the show, and reaches to our normal lives and the decisions we take. The show has had moments, but in all i think it could have been better ..the movie was a disaster. Batman return, and other movies did better.

All i am saying is that the way they portray this superhero wannabe, is not consistent with what a hero is supposed to do. Even at an early ages...we have seen that the flash has more potentials. Clark just really never initiate anything, rather HE REACTS. Even now we see chloe as the brain power behind him. I just cannot stand by and not say a thing or 2 about this.

Also just because i watch the show doesn't prevents me from having criticisms about the script and the job done. If you cannot excercise this we all better just be drones waiting to be mouth fed anything crap.

ps : no need to duck...grow up!

Originally posted by myankskent
    [B]Hold on a second. When has Lex killed before? He has never killed anyone in cold blood on this show. He killed Roger Nixon, but that was because he was going to murder Clark's father.

[B]

And how do you know if the person that you are saving is going to kill again? And how do you know that the courts would let the person off for their crimes? Those are a lot of unknowns for a person to take matters into their own hands and decide if a person deserves to live or die.

So what would you like to see on this show? Do you want to see him let Lex Luthor die so that the show would end? I just don't understand what you want out of Clark.
    You know when the person has done it before and really cares less about the lives of others, is obsessed with Power and getting it at all cost. Has rage and really has gone really far to the deep end.

You need to check your records, how many times did LEX leave people to DIE??????? Only for clark to come save them? Isn't that the same as Killing someone??? I won't even give you the many times this has happened, but do check and get back to me. The way he assaulted his friend in school..in aqua...ect..

Lex is nothing..i just do not understand what is the big deal. Ok let's say he is dead, why should the show end?? In fact i think this is something that has to happen soon. THere are many many villains out there far more powerful than Lex. It startles me the infatuations with this lil man. Move forward! Maybe the Kal El can begin to really grow.

I get the feeling that Lex is kept in the show to give Superman something to do. THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH THE SHOW!! Batman has his own demons regardless of the Joker, 2face, and many others.

I would like to really focus on the inner inner struggles of Kal El independently of Annyone else. They've tried a bit in the episode while in the FZ and also when Raya visited him. But i just want to focus on the man of steel, not the man of steel defined by others around him.
    Last edited by The Ship!; 11-16-2006, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
      [B]Hold on a second. When has Lex killed before? He has never killed anyone in cold blood on this show. He killed Roger Nixon, but that was because he was going to murder Clark's father.

[B]

And how do you know if the person that you are saving is going to kill again? And how do you know that the courts would let the person off for their crimes? Those are a lot of unknowns for a person to take matters into their own hands and decide if a person deserves to live or die.

So what would you like to see on this show? Do you want to see him let Lex Luthor die so that the show would end? I just don't understand what you want out of Clark.

You asked last week? LOL well i hope you got your answers.

I told you he had killed before and would do it again......LOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by The Ship!
        I am confused???? HOW MANY TIMES DOES CLARK SAVES LEX WHEN HE KNOWS THAT LEX WOULD RATHER KILL HIM ??

mOREOVER WHY IS CLARK SO WILLING TO SEE LEX SURVIVE...EVEN WHEN LEX HAS KILLED SO MANY?

IS CLARK IN LOVE WITH LEX? WHAT'S UP WITH THIS VIRTUOUS THING WHICH COMES TO THE EXPENSE OF CLARK'S CHARACTER. I MEAN WHAT DOES IT SAY OF A MAN WHO VALUES THE LIVES OF OTHER OVER HIS OWN?

CLARK THINKS LESS OF HIMSELF AND PRESENTLY DEFINES HIS EXISTENCE AS HE SAVES THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE NEAR TO HIM. AT THE DINNER TABLE..HE LOOKED LIKE AN ALIEN, A PARASITE, A JUNKY WHO WAS SIMPLY TOYING WITH HIS SUBJECTS FOR AS LONG AS HE SAVES THEM....HE EXISTS.

WE BARELY SEE THINGS FROM THE EYES OF KAL EL, THE STORIES ARE NOT HIS OWN, HE IS MERELY AN INSTRUMENT, A STORY, A VALUE. HE DOESN'T EXIST. THIS TO ME FEELS LIKE A DREAM, HIS DREAM. HE BASICALLY KEEPS THEM ALIVE SO THEY CAN ENTERTAIN HIM.

HE IS SO ALONE...LIKE A GOD WHO TRIES SO HARD TO FIT IN WITH THE LESSER BEINGS. WHEN HE COULD IN ACTUALITY BE MAKING BETTER STRIDES TOWARDS HUMANITY, LEARNING ABOUT HIMSELF INDEPENDENTLY OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS LIFE.

HE IS REALLY PATHETIC AND I DO NOT THINK HE DESERVES TO BE SUPERMAN. WHAT A WAIST OF TALENT. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THAT ABILITY TO TRULLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS. EVERYDAY I TRY HARD, BUT I COME CLOSE BUT NOT ALL THE WAY......
        lmfao! I just watched this episode and I am in tears after reading this post.

I wanted to slap Clark when he told Lois that Oliver was injecting himself with drugs. He is wayy too immature and doesn't think about how other people will react to his bullcrap.Anyone who knows Clark already knows that he has some kind of special power, even if they aren't admitting it. I hope he gets smarter and understands when to back off.
        Last edited by totodyal; 05-21-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
          No, I didn't see regression at all.

He went to Lex's place to warn him that his life was in danger. And this is a bad thing why? He then tried to be kind, and a friend to Lana. And this is a bad thing why? He shouldn't show concern for another human being obviously in distress? Then he went and saved Lex's life, and told Ollie they don't have the power to decide who lives and who dies. This is a bad thing why? Isn't that pure Superman? He reassured Ollie that he didn't need superpowers to be a hero. This is a bad thing why? He then reunited Lois and Ollie. This is a bad thing why? He then gave a heartfelt speech at the Thanksgiving table thanking his parents for all they did for him. And this a bad thing why?

So yeah, it is just "us", I supposed, 'cause it sure ain't ME.
          I like this POV and I agree.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LusciousLois
          Everyone on that show has nine lives thanks to Clark. If he didn't barge in, he'd just be standing outside knocking while they bled to death.
          Last edited by Raistlin; 09-12-2011, 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My feelings about the Clark Character

I can relate to Clark so when I read some these negative comments about Clark, I feel like crying buckets of tears because most of us are like Clark Kent in some way in reality. Basing our decisions on what is best for other people, sharing kindness, having compassion for others. Trying to do the right thing when we don't know what the right thing to do is. protecting and preserving life. inspiring humankind and empowering the human spirit. being brave when scared, doing everything you can to bring peace and justice to an unjust, controversial corrupt society, but still feel as outsiders, feeling out of place, feeling different, alone, scared, insecure, not knowing who's safe to trust your heart with. wanting to be honest with people but doesn't know how to be without hurting people and wanting to protect people and keep them safe without our motives being questioned and our intentions being second guessed. So how are we any different than Clark? we can be as just as mistrustful and judgmental of people as Clark, but we can also be honest, loyal, respectful, understanding, selfless, determined and proud as Clark. Clark is honest. Just not when comes to his secret identity that he is dishonest about and for valid reasons too. What i HATE is the BLAME and CRITICISM that the other characters give Clark on a daily basis. Is Lois and Pete the only 2 characters on this show who respect Clark for who he is? because I feel that the other characters don't respect Clark at all. Especially Lana and especially Lex ungrateful son of b*****s Clark Kent is not an emotional punching bag that they can beat around all the time He deserves better than that. I don't know why the writers made Clark out to be that way in the first place. I love Clark. I am Clark fan. so sue me. Clark's fallibility shows his humanity, Clark is not infallible. And neither are we.
            Last edited by laurarawlins; 01-18-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎