Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreshadowing The Return of Clana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can hint at it in the season finale: Lana finally decides she wants Clark back and goes to the farm to tell him, but finds out from Martha that he has left town and she does not know when he will be back (he leaves for training with Jor-el). The episode ends with Lana pouting.

Comment

Fred the Man that would be way cool of a season finale and makes sense to because Lois isn't in his brain yet, but his training is and of course they can't really bring romantic Clana back, to many disappointed fans in doing that.

Comment

If Clana happens, im out of smallville completely. she needs to die and she needs to die soon. before i kill her.

Comment

Originally posted by s_q
          If Clana happens, im out of smallville completely. she needs to die and she needs to die soon. before i kill her.
          hahahah.. couldn't agree more!

Comment

Well... I sort of disagree with some of your observations.

For example, that look to me was a look of, "Oh hell, I wasn't expecting to see him/her". And, I notice Clark makes the conscious decision to turn his back to her as he leaves.

"Then there's that last scene, everyone seems happy at the Kent dinner table, everyone in some type of relationship... but then we have Clark sitting alone, sad, almost thinking about where he is in life in the relationship department...which is alone."

I didn't see that. I think Clark was watching everyone and seeing what he's thankful for. I mean, of the 5 other people there 4 know about his powers, all are close to him, all he cares about (though, you're never really sure if he cares for Lionel). I guess I just didn't see the scene like you did.

Comment

Well, I have to admit that I liked both Clana scenes in this episode.

I don't think romantic Clana will come back, but Al Miles will keep revisiting their fav ship on the show with stuff like this. IMO I don't mind. I liked the depth in both Clana scenes.

Didn't Al Miles say that they want to do their fav triangle Clark/Lex/Lana something like that.. I guess this is how they are doing it..

If you see their awkwardness, you'd really feel they had something really huge in the past.. but, sadly, *past* emphasized.

I am sure that this awkwardness will be created again in the future, and Lex might come to note this time.. which will make things interesting..

But, romantic Clana is not coming back, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
                That's what makes you a Chlark shipper and me a Clana shipper.
                That's assuming my ship preference is biasing my judgement as is yours and I can tell you that the former is not true. If it were, I would be saying Chlark is in the works but Clois is not...and I don't believe that to be the case.

Comment

I don't see them ever going back to having a romantic relationship, but this episode seemed to me to be the beginning of the new Clana friendship. In my opinion, even Clark now realizes that they're not gonna grow old together but that doesn't stop them from caring about each other platonically. Enough time has past now since their messy break up for them to start getting past it and becoming friends again. Because that's what they always were, first and foremost: friends.

I personally think that when Lana finally figures out how evil lex really is, Clark (and others, like Chloe, as well of course) is gonna be there for her. And that's what they've started setting up in this episode.

Comment

i have my fingers cross

Comment

That line about turning back time,proved that Clark is NOT over Lana.He nearly cried as he said "All the time".I dont know if its forshadowing but i hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                        I disagree that this was Foreshadowing The Return of Clana.
                        I believe the exact opposite.
                        This is the conversation that ends clana, hey we are friends, hey i wish things were different, hey i wish we could changes things, but too little too late its over.

This talk was the absolute end of Clana.
                        I agree. This was the end of Clana romantically, but as someone on this thread said there will be further scenes of friendship.

I also liked the idea of Clark saving Lana & Baby from something Lex set in motion and Lana learns his secret that way.

I think we will see friendship scenes between Clark & Lana, and these will deepen (but not in any romantic way; they have both moved on). Remember Lana and Clark were at one point virtual enemies 'Lana: I don't know how I could have ever loved you'. TPTB will repair the friendship and make it close.

I think the Clana scene at the mansion was a tacit acknowledgement from them both that they've made mistakes, and that they have both moved on (romance ended), but a shadowing of a renewal of trust and friendship between them. (But with no romance).

Comment

Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble. TPTB are pushing for Clois now.
                          It would be nice to see Clana friendship though, may be the first time I will actually enjoy their interaction.

Comment

I am a clana shipper. but i only like clana ( like in the last couple of episodes at the end of season 2) when there happy. but i really dont like it when there in the inbetween stage. As for foreshadowing i think they probably wont get together but they will have plent of scenes like in rage.

Comment

Originally posted by TalkinMac
                              Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble.
                              My bubble not bursted.

Comment

Originally posted by darkone
                                That line about turning back time,proved that Clark is NOT over Lana.He nearly cried as he said "All the time".I dont know if its forshadowing but i hope so.
                                He could have been talking about a lot of things here. How many times has something bad happened that Clark has blamed himself for? The meteor showers, Martha's miscarraige, Jonathan's death, etc. etc. Clark carries around an awful lot of guilt, just because he wants to change what happened in the past doesn't mean he's not over Lana.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎