Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreshadowing The Return of Clana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not bitter. I'm just bored with this insistence that Clark has to be chained to someone who has proven to have major problems with her own life/choices, that she has to be the no. #1 gal forever and ever.

As I said, just watch faux versions of them get busy in Relic.
    Last edited by mobiusklein; 11-10-2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

PLEASE! No more Clana! It was back and forth for 5 seasons. I've had enough!

Comment

Originally posted by mobiusklein
        I'm not bitter. I'm just bored with this insistence that Clark has to be chained to someone who has proven to have major problems with her own life/choices, that she has to be the no. #1 gal forever and ever.

As I said, just watch faux versions of them get busy in Relic.
        Like I said, don't be bitter.

As long as I've been on this board you're always had a bitter feeling towards anything in relations to Clana/Lana and still have it.

So speaking of being bored I think you're dislike towards everything Lana/Clana is as bad if not worst than those who want to see Clark have a friendship/relationship with Lana.

Comment

please no more clana...i mean we've had it for 5 years already. i love KFC but if i had it every day for 5 years i'd never want to see it again.

Comment

^^ Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.21 gigawatts
              What? No they don't hate it. They loved it from the very beginning. Why the HELL do you think they beat us over the head with it for four seasons?
              LOL. Yeah, but it seems they got as sick of them as we did.

Comment

clana is enevitable but romantic clana is dead.

Comment

I think that they will probably become friends again, but they probably won't be boyfriend/girlfriend ever again.

Besides, the show has focused too much on Clana and not enough on Clark's journey into Superman. Clark should move on and Lana should probably leave the series(but she won't).

Comment

I think the Google fight thing was a little lacking as evidence goes... It's pretty sad that Chloe Sullivan, A CHARACTER MADE UP FOR "SMALLVILLE" had just half a million hits less than the iconic Lana Lang.

Anyways, if Clana comes back, count me out of watching "Smallville," and everyone knows how much I love this show.
                    shirkie

Comment

Re: Foreshadowing The Return of Clana?

Originally posted by Kreukie
                      Before I continue, yes I'm a Clana shipper or at least was a Clana shipper. I think I'm confused how I feel about them at this point in the series, but I still enjoy their scenes very much!

Anyway I had this feeling while watching tonight's episode that there was a lot foreshadowing of the return of Clana.

First scene was the one at the Daily Planet, when Clark sees Lana.

The way they both looked at each other.

They both exchanged that awe stare with each other like they haven't seen each other in years, when just last week they saw each other and had a decent exchange of words.

Why did TPTB add that exchange?

Kind of reminded me of the old Clana whenever they would be on the outs, but yet still have those soulful exchanges with each other whenever they would see each other.

Kind of saying what they feel but without saying anything…

Then we have the scene in Lex's office, we have Lana asking Clark if he wishes he could go back in time.

Both seem like they both regert things they've done in the past, seems like mostly with their relationships.

Clark: Breaking up with Lana the way he did, causing her to distance herself from him.

Lana: Letting herself rebound into Lex's arms after her break-up with Clark putting herself in the place she is in now.

Then there's that last scene, everyone seems happy at the Kent dinner table, everyone in some type of relationship... but then we have Clark sitting alone, sad, almost thinking about where he is in life in the relationship department...which is alone.

If you listen to the lyrics of the music playing during that scene you'll hear the following words being sang:

She said no one would love you more than me.

I looked at her she looked at me I think she's waiting for me to believe.

I wish love was all that took I'll fall into if I could.

Then it fades to an also unhappy Lana at the dinner table.
                      Hhhmm... first of all, I want to say that I definitely saw Clana there. Not exactly sure if it was "we're going to get back together someday" Clana. But I did see that Clark clearly feels something for her. I think that he still cares deeply about her and when she was trouble and hurting, he was hurting for her. And I saw Lana kind of thaw in her icy attitude towards him. But then, after a moment of weakness, she froze up again. Maybe because she was afraid of being vulnerable again? Maybe because he irritated her with his assumptions that it was because of Lex and Clark could save her from Lex?

But what this means for the Clana as a whole? I don't know... I honestly don't see them addressing a Clana reunion for a loooonnngg time. This whole Lexana thing seems way too huge. It really seems like season 6 will be the year of Lexana. Perhaps, by the end of the season, Lana realizes she made a mistake about Lex & tries to repair her friendship with Clark. But I think that it'll be very tentative and hard. And the end result, imo, should be friendship. Because Clark always feels like he can't tell her his secret & that's something that Lana will never be able to live with.

And that's a good catch about the song. I didn't even think about it fading into Lana & how it could be used for Clana. But, honestly? I think that a Cloiser would look at it and think it's about Lois. (Because he looking at Lois when the first lines happen.) And a Chlarker would say that the song is about Chloe (because he's looking at Chloe during the song, too). And Lexana shippers will say it's about Lex will never believe Lana can love him. And even Mionel shippers could say it's about Mionel! In short: I don't think the song was meant for any ship. It was just a pretty song they stuck at the end of the episode at a nice bittersweet moment.

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
                        I think the Google fight thing was a little lacking as evidence goes... It's pretty sad that Chloe Sullivan, A CHARACTER MADE UP FOR "SMALLVILLE" had just half a million hits less than the iconic Lana Lang.
                        Lana isn't an iconic character though, an iconic character is a character who's name is a household name.

When Smallville first started people kept calling Lana, Lana Lane or even Lois Lane because they had no idea who Lana Lang was.

Those numbers are recordings of recent searches.

What has Lana been in outside of Smallville as of recent?

She hasn't been in a comic issue in months!

She wasn't in Superman Returns, or the new JL cartoon series or anything such as that.

Lana the character only has Smallville going for herself at the moment.

Just like Chloe the made up character.

Point is Chloe isn't more popular than Lana, Chlark isn't more popular than Clana, Allison Mack isn't more popular than Kristin...ect

If Chloe was more popular than Lana, those numbers would show that, since again those are recent recordings of people's searches on google.

Comment

I doubt if Clark and Lana will return. The way they looked at each other and the way Lana's reaction changed after he left so quickly to "So, Chloe.... what are we doing again?" said that.

Nah, I don't see it.

Comment

As much as I love Clana... I really don't see them coming back together... I see the moments of Clois and I think 'It's doom' but I do see them being friends. I just hope for a big banging moment.. but that's it.

Just like Chlark... It's never gonna happen. So as much as I hate it.. I think the show is now gonna be Clois.

Comment

I'd be surprissed if TPTB decide to revisit the Clana angle. If anything, they probably are setting the stage for Clark and Lana to make peace so that they can end the series with them as friends.

Comment

I hope they never bring it back together. Get rid of it completely, 4 seasons of this nonsense is enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎