No announcement yet.

Lois isn't Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
    No, I think you know which one im talking about. *Looks at the thread below this one, which will soon be above this one*
    Yeah, I know, I was just being silly.

It's been awhile since I've seen you posting here, Smallvilleman! I thought maybe you had given up on the show.

Comment

Clark has no real past with Lois. She's more like a big sister than anything. If she found out I think Clark would be more afraid that his secret would get out than anything else.

Lana on the other hand was Clark's life for years. He couldn't tell her the truth because he felt responsible for her parents death and thought she would blame him. Thats why he started to lie to her in the beginning. As time went by other reasons started showing up and it eventually killed their relationship.

So they are different, completely different situations.

Comment

It's been awhile since I've seen you posting here, Smallvilleman! I thought maybe you had given up on the show.
        I have given up on the show..........I'm just around here, because I hang out in the Clana story section. You know, the place where it's the safest I came back, because I sensed that you missed me

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
          I have given up on the show..........I'm just around here, because I hang out in the Clana story section. You know, the place where it's the safest I came back, because I sensed that you missed me
          Well, it is good to see you back anyway! It seems like alot of the Clana shippers left, although Cotton Candy Girl is still here.

Comment

Well, it is good to see you back anyway! It seems like alot of the Clana shippers left, although Cotton Candy Girl is still here.
            Nice to see you too. But sadly, I think my comeback tour shall be a short one. I feel bad for cotton being the one clana shipper left, but i think i taught her well (right cotton? )

Comment

Clark is too much of a pansy, too much of a boy scout.
              He cares too much for these pathetic mortals.
              Who cares if Lana knowing his secret will lead to her death?
              Who cares if telling people he is an alien with supreme ulitmate powers that can control to course of the world will get the people he cares about hurt or killed?

BAH !!

He shoudl forget about that human feelings crap and get one with his true destiny !!

Night Manager at 7-11 !

Booyah !!

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                Thats exactly what I took away from it as well. He wasn't saying Lois was better then Lana, he was just saying this the situation between him and Lana isn't the situation between Ollie and Lois. I don't think he was dissing Lana, or paying Lois some high compliment either. He was just saying it was a different situation. IMO
                Exactly. For one, Oliver is different to Clark that he fully accepts his abilities (skills) and is active in helping out other people. It creates different situations. In Oliver/Lois case it is mysterious disappearances, but in Clana's case it was about secrets and lies because Clark was holding back.

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                  i agree and what you said reminds me of a lois and clark episode when lois meets lana lang in an alternate universe. in that universe lana and clark are married and she knows his secret but is freaked out by it, so much in fact that she won't allow him to use his powers to help people. anyway i kinda think that's what this lana would have done if things had gone differently in wreckoning.
                  I think that should had been the route they should had taken with Lana character she knowing his secret but always afraid that if he uses his powers he will end in a lab and then Clark leaving her because he needs to be a hero...Sadly they didn't

Comment

i didnt even put that togther! i heard the line and loved it, but now i get that clark knows lois is stronger than lana. haha, i'm an idiot.

but don't foget when clark say "oliver, you and i are different" right beforehand, b/c pretty soon lois is gonna realize she and ollie are too alike, and part of the clois legacy is how different they actually are.

Comment

What I took from the line was that Ollie needed to use his own judgment when it came to Lois. Clark's experience with Lana wouldn't help because Lois is completely different from Lana.

From Reckoning, it's pretty-obvious that Lana would accept Clark, but would have a hard time dealing with his secret publicly. That's a big burden, and she didn't measure up.

From comics and almost every other Superman media, it's clear Lois wouldn't have that issue. She puts a barrier between herself and people and while that may not always be good, when it comes to protecting Clark's secret, it gives her the ability to keep it to herself. It's not a burden to her--it's just a part of being with Clark.

And, since Lana will never be Clark's wife and Lois will, this seems like a pretty-good thing in the long run.

Comment

I think it was as a general statement, he might as well have said everybody is diferent. I think he meant that no two people are alike so not everything aplyies the same. he also said you and I arent the same, so I think it was more along the lines of "We are all difrent people and what works for one couple doesnt have to work for the other". I dont think it was in anyway Clark saying Lois is better and this is a Loiser speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Jess4302
                          How did Lana handle it? Yeah she accepted him but she ran to Lex and then ended up getting herself killed because of it in less than 24 hours of knowing the secret!
                          I'm so tired of people saying she ran to Lex. At that point, Lana blindly saw him as her friend - so she went to console him, what is so god damn awful about that?

Comment

Originally posted by velocity
                            I'm so tired of people saying she ran to Lex. At that point, Lana blindly saw him as her friend - so she went to console him, what is so god damn awful about that?
                            Well, the issue I had with Lana's actions there (and I'm not speaking for anyone else) was that I felt that Lana should have stayed with the Kents. While it's true that Lex was her friend, she had just accepted Clark's proposal. She was going to marry him and join his family. It wasn't the time for her to be consoling Lex. She should have been congratulating her future father-in-law. It was about priorities -- I felt that Lana's were kind of screwed up.

Comment

i'm with you there eas, Lana should never have gone to Lex in Reckoning whether she ran or walked. True Lex was her friend but Clark was her fiance! She could have consoled Lex the next day or at least a little later that night, she would still have been a good friend then.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                                Well, the issue I had with Lana's actions there (and I'm not speaking for anyone else) was that I felt that Lana should have stayed with the Kents. While it's true that Lex was her friend, she had just accepted Clark's proposal. She was going to marry him and join his family. It wasn't the time for her to be consoling Lex. She should have been congratulating her future father-in-law. It was about priorities -- I felt that Lana's were kind of screwed up.
                                <
                                Lana was the only friend Lex had, and she knew that.

If i had a friend like Lex (with Lana's knowledge about him) and i knew he only had me, i would go and see if he was okay, without a blink.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎