No announcement yet.

Lois isn't Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eas
    ^^ I mean that the whole reason the relationship between Lana and Clark didn't work out was because she couldn't deal with his secrets and lies. She knew he was hiding a big secret from her & that he wasn't giving himself to her honestly. And that hurt her.

It seems, from what Clark said, that he thinks that this is not a problem that Lois and Oliver will have. That Lois & Oliver won't break up for the same reasons that Lana and Clark did.

I'm not dissing Lana... I totally understand why she had issues with Clark's "secrets". I actually blame Clark the whole mess that was Clana.

Yes, she accepted Clark when he told her the truth. But that's not what ended up really happening when Clark turned back time. So, in the end, their relationship ended because of the "secret" identity. That's the part of Clark that Lana could never understand or live with. That's why there's the alternate ending to "Reckoning". When Clark tells her the truth, Lana accepts him. When he continues to lie to her, she goes on a "break" from him.
    I agree,it seems as tho clark realize that oliver secret wont ruin them like it did clana.That's why he says who is he to stand in the way if its meant to be,it should sumthin diff in clark to even admit that lois isn't lana so that was good imo.But the rest u stated about clana ur right about also

Comment

Lois mentioned learning a secret to Chloe in the episode where Chloe found out Clark's secret and Lois said, "People keep secrets for a reason, even from the people their closest to." Which applies Lois had experience with that. But in fairness to Lana, her wanting to know is much different than Lois's.

Comment

Originally posted by D.M.A.
        I agree,it seems as tho clark realize that oliver secret wont ruin them like it did clana.That's why he says who is he to stand in the way if its meant to be,it should sumthin diff in clark to even admit that lois isn't lana so that was good imo.But the rest u stated about clana ur right about also
        Yeah, I thought it was a good realization on Clark's part. It's something he needs to figure out to move on from Lana -- that not every girl approaches relationships the way Lana did. That not every girl is like Lana, basically. And I also like that he didn't say it in a bitter way -- he was just matter-of-fact about it. That he realized that he was letting his past experiences color his opinion about Oliver's choice to keep it a secret from Lois.

It also, I think, foreshadows Clark future relationship with Lois. That, maybe, the reason he's able to keep the secret from Lois for so long is because he's convinced himself that Lois is strong enough to handle it. That Lois isn't getting on his case, so why should he deal with the fallout that'll happen if he's honest with her?

Comment

Now, Clark comes in and says that he doesn't think that Lois/Oliver will end up the same way as he/Lana did. Why? Because he thinks that Lois won't react to Oliver's secrets the same way that Lana reacted to Clark's.
          Huh? How Lana reacted to Clark's? Lana's reaction to Clark's secret was her accepting his purposal for marriage. Lana reacted exactly the way Clark wanted her to.

Because Clark/Lana broke up because their relationship couldn't withstand the strain of the "secrets and lies". Yes, technically, Clark broke up with Lana. But it wasn't just because he didn't want to hurt her -- it was because he knew he would never tell her his secret. And he knew that their relationship couldn't survive it.
          Yes, he believed he couldn't tell her the truth, so he didn't want to hurt her anymore. So came up with the crap he did to break it off.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
            Lois mentioned learning a secret to Chloe in the episode where Chloe found out Clark's secret and Lois said, "People keep secrets for a reason, even from the people their closest to." Which applies Lois had experience with that. But in fairness to Lana, her wanting to know is much different than Lois's.
            Yeah, in all fairness to Lana, she had every freakin' right to know what was going on with Clark. I mean, he chased her. He was in love with her for years. They try and try & it never works. Finally, it works & they even sleep together. And he still holds back?? Oh yeah, Lana had every right to be p***ed.

And Lois did say that in the past -- but I think that she's not going to be so understanding about Oliver's secrets. Canon Lois is understanding to an extent. She still has issues with Clark's disappearances and stuff.... I don't think any woman is capable of being 100% understanding in this sort of situation.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was a good realization on Clark's part. It's something he needs to figure out to move on from Lana -- that not every girl approaches relationships the way Lana did. That not every girl is like Lana, basically. And I also like that he didn't say it in a bitter way -- he was just matter-of-fact about it. That he realized that he was letting his past experiences color his opinion about Oliver's choice to keep it a secret from Lois.
              Clark would have to be done not to know every girl is different.......Although most guys would say they're all the same Personally, I think for Clark to move on, he and Lana have to come clean altogether. There tension is something that keeps Clark from moving on. Which is why reckoning sucked as much as it did, because it was perfect opportunity to set up Clana where Clark could move on.
              Last edited by SmallvilleMan; 11-09-2006, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I just thought it meant that Lois and Ollie were not Lana and Clark and so would handle the situation differently. Just different people in the same scenario. I didn't take it as a strike against Lana.
                Thats exactly what I took away from it as well. He wasn't saying Lois was better then Lana, he was just saying this the situation between him and Lana isn't the situation between Ollie and Lois. I don't think he was dissing Lana, or paying Lois some high compliment either. He was just saying it was a different situation. IMO

Comment

Huh? How Lana reacted to Clark's? Lana's reaction to Clark's secret was her accepting his purposal for marriage. Lana reacted exactly the way Clark wanted her to.
                  No, no... not what the actual secret was. You misunderstood me. I meant, "keeping of the secrets" in general.

Meaning that Lana had issues with the fact that Clark was keeping things from her, at all. It didn't even matter what the secret was -- it was just principle of the thing.

Versus Lois -- Clark thinks that Lois won't care that secrets are being kept. She'll respect Oliver's privacy and leave it that.

I'm not saying I agree with Clark's interpretation. I'm just saying that this is what he meant by the comparison. The difference in attitude the two women have towards the concept of "keeping secrets from the one's you love".

Clark would have to be done not to know every girl is different.......Although most guys would say they're all the same

Clark is dumb. And this statement kind of showed me that he's kind of moving away from being dumb (about Lana, at least). We can only hope.

Comment

Clark is dumb. And this statement kind of showed me that he's kind of moving away from being dumb (about Lana, at least). We can only hope.
                    He is dumb and a coward. Although, I kind of can't blame him, when you love someone as much as he did....you know, you look at them differently than everyone else.

Meaning that Lana had issues with the fact that Clark was keeping things from her, at all. It didn't even matter what the secret was -- it was just principle of the thing.
                    Okay, we're on the same page. But the funny part of all that, is that when it came to Clark keeping secrets, she would whine to him, but she would never threaten to leave him. Unlike everyone else she dated when it came to secrets. Off course Clark wouldn't pick up on that

Comment

Okay, we're on the same page. But the funny part of all that, is that when it came to Clark keeping secrets, she would whine to him, but she would never threaten to leave him. Unlike everyone else she dated when it came to secrets. Off course Clark wouldn't pick up on that
                      Yes, SM, we're on the same page. That's what I've been trying to tell you! (And hell freezes over as a Cloiser and Clanaer agree to agree.)

Yeah, I always thought that Clark didn't give Lana enough credit. I was very disappointed with the way the ended the relationship. I remember feeling really bad for the Clana fans when "Hypnotic" aired. If AlMiles every did something like that to Clois, I'd stop watching the show.

Comment

Yes, SM, we're on the same page. That's what I've been trying to tell you! (And hell freezes over as a Cloiser and Clanaer agree to agree.)
                        Oh no, it's okay. Clana fans and Clois fans are good. it's the other Clark ship that would freeze hell over if clana fans agreed with them I know you been telling me too, but i've all of a sudden become dizzy....Seriously.....I should probably go to
                        bed

Yeah, I always thought that Clark didn't give Lana enough credit. I was very disappointed with the way the ended the relationship. I remember feeling really bad for the Clana fans when "Hypnotic" aired. If AlMiles every did something like that to Clois, I'd stop watching the show.
                        Well, I think Clark is a coward and a wimp. However, I think it would be very hard, almost impossible for someone to find the courage to tell someone their secret after what happened to Clark in Reckoning. I haven't a watched a full episode of the show since Hypnotic. I know what's going on, but I can't watch it anymore.

Comment

I think Clark just meant that Oliver and Lois are different people and if it's meant to be it will work... It will surmount the obsticles. He can't just use what happened between himself and Lana as a blanket cautionary tale.

He's right.

Because, we all know that it works with Clark and Lois in the end, despite being in the same situation. Secrets, lies, dual identities.

Clark was really brave with Lana. He told her. She died. He confronted Jor-el to turn back time, she almost died again. I don't think it's fair to call Clark a coward b/c he was spooked by seeing Roadkill!Lana. He tried. He gave it his best shot. IMO.

Comment

Him not telling Lana is not why I called him a coward. Part of it is, but the way he handled it is another.

Comment

Oh no, it's okay. Clana fans and Clois fans are good. it's the other Clark ship that would freeze hell over if clana fans agreed with them
                              You mean Clex?

Comment

You mean Clex?
                                No, I think you know which one im talking about. *Looks at the thread below this one, which will soon be above this one*

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎