No announcement yet.

Lois isn't Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
    Lois is a lot stronger in what? Being able to handle his secret? Even though he knows Lana can? Which she did, but off course everyone loves to forget that part of reckoning
    How did Lana handle it? Yeah she accepted him but she ran to Lex and then ended up getting herself killed because of it in less than 24 hours of knowing the secret!

Comment

Lois is a lot stronger in what? Being able to handle his secret? Even though he knows Lana can? Which she did, but off course everyone loves to forget that part of reckoning
      She did accept his secret. But her hesitation has always worried me. In the scene with Lois in the Talon apartment..

Lois: "does this secret change the way you feel about them?"

Lana: "...maybe..." she says with a confused and slightly frightened look on her face.

I can see his secret changing a persons willingness to remain in the relationship, but changing the way she FEELS about him, i find that questionable.

So yes Lana accepted him, with some deliberation. And she didn't handle having the secret all that well as far as I saw. her interaction with Lex in that epi, i feel is proof of how terrible her pokerface really is.

I can see Lois accepting Clark and and dealing with Lex with much more conviction than Lana did. That is the difference I see between the two and that is strength I think Lois has, that Lana doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickBlonde
        She did accept his secret. But her hesitation has always worried me. In the scene with Lois in the Talon apartment..

Lois: "does this secret change the way you feel about them?"

Lana: "...maybe..." she says with a confused and slightly frightened look on her face.

I can see his secret changing a persons willingness to remain in the relationship, but changing the way she FEELS about him, i find that questionable.

So yes Lana accepted him, with some deliberation. And she didn't handle having the secret all that well as far as I saw. her interaction with Lex in that epi, i feel is proof of how terrible her pokerface really is.

I can see Lois accepting Clark and and dealing with Lex with much more conviction than Lana did. That is the difference I see between the two and that is strength I think Lois has, that Lana doesn't.
        i agree and what you said reminds me of a lois and clark episode when lois meets lana lang in an alternate universe. in that universe lana and clark are married and she knows his secret but is freaked out by it, so much in fact that she won't allow him to use his powers to help people. anyway i kinda think that's what this lana would have done if things had gone differently in wreckoning.

Comment

I just thought it meant that Lois and Ollie were not Lana and Clark and so would handle the situation differently. Just different people in the same scenario. I didn't take it as a strike against Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by Tia
            yay, i'm glad finally figured that one out

yeah..it was ABOUT TIME.........pooor Clark..going around the world thinking everyone was like Lana......that's a scary thought...

Comment

I think he meant more the whole "secrets and lies" thing. Lana accepted him when he told her the truth. But she didn't accept him when he had the "dual" identity.

I think his point to Oliver is that Lois isn't the kind of girl who would get angry at her boyfriend for keeping secrets. That she's not going to give Oliver the whole "secrets and lies" speech all the time.

Although, frankly, I don't know where he's getting that from. Lois was mad when Oliver bailed out on her and did one of his disappearing acts. She wanted to break up with him. That's not exactly the opposite of Lana.

I mean, I love Lois (and I think she was perfectly justified in her reaction to Ollie leaving her high and dry) but there wasn't anything in this episode that would suggest that Lois would be cooler with the "secret identity" thing than Lana was.

Comment

I think lois was made because Ollie left her high and not dry.

Her ego couldn't take it, but it was still rude on his part. EZ luvin' from lois on the half-shell. And he came and left it.

Comment

Hesitation? All she said was maybe......Something very big was just thrown on her, off course she looked a little hesitatant. If that's even the word you can use. You have to look at the situation, even if Lois wasn't there, Lana would have came to the same conclusion. Lois's words didn't make Lana do anything, it just reminded her who Clark was. If Lana doesn't love Clark, nothing Lois says would mean anything.

This where people are so off....IMO. Do you know who Lana is dealing with? Someone who knows Clark and Lana as good as anyone.....It didn't matter what Lana said or what poker face she had on, Lex knew....There's no getting around, if Lana has a ring on her hand from Clark, it's obvious what happened. Let me repeat, NOTHING LANA COULD HAVE SAID OR "LOOKED" would have changed what happened that day.

Comment

I loved Clark saying this and coming to that conclusion.

Comment

I think he meant more the whole "secrets and lies" thing. Lana accepted him when he told her the truth. But she didn't accept him when he had the "dual" identity.
                      How didn't she accept his "dual" identity? What are you trying to say? My point is, Lana accepted Clark, WITHOUT restriction and was willingly to marry him, despite just being told the secret. Despite everything, it didn't matter to her, because she loved him and was just happy he opened up. The only mistake Lana made was trusting Lex was her friend, which was easy to believe, considering what happened the previous episode when he saved her life.

Comment

^^ I mean that the whole reason the relationship between Lana and Clark didn't work out was because she couldn't deal with his secrets and lies. She knew he was hiding a big secret from her & that he wasn't giving himself to her honestly. And that hurt her.

It seems, from what Clark said, that he thinks that this is not a problem that Lois and Oliver will have. That Lois & Oliver won't break up for the same reasons that Lana and Clark did.

I'm not dissing Lana... I totally understand why she had issues with Clark's "secrets". I actually blame Clark the whole mess that was Clana.

Yes, she accepted Clark when he told her the truth. But that's not what ended up really happening when Clark turned back time. So, in the end, their relationship ended because of the "secret" identity. That's the part of Clark that Lana could never understand or live with. That's why there's the alternate ending to "Reckoning". When Clark tells her the truth, Lana accepts him. When he continues to lie to her, she goes on a "break" from him.
                        Last edited by eas; 11-09-2006, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I mean that the whole reason the relationship between Lana and Clark didn't work out was because she couldn't deal with his secrets and lies. She knew he was hiding a big secret from her & that he wasn't giving himself to her honestly. And that hurt her.
                          Yeah, because Clark kept secrets and lied to her, it didn't work.

Yes, she accepted Clark when he told her the truth. But that's not what ended up really happening when Clark turned back time. So, in the end, their relationship ended because of the "secret" identity. That's the part of Clark that Lana could never understand or live with.
                          Or you could say it ended, because of Clark's fear of Lana knowing and getting hurt. Which was the reason he did what he did, because he didn't want her to get hurt. Remember, Clark's the one who broke it off.

It seems, from what Clark said, that he thinks that this is not a problem that Lois and Oliver will have. That Lois & Oliver won't break up for the same reasons that Lana and Clark did.
                          Yeah and that's mostly, because Oliver is different from Clark. Clark's issues go way beyond just having power.

Comment

Super

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                              Although, frankly, I don't know where he's getting that from. Lois was mad when Oliver bailed out on her and did one of his disappearing acts. She wanted to break up with him. That's not exactly the opposite of Lana.

I mean, I love Lois (and I think she was perfectly justified in her reaction to Ollie leaving her high and dry) but there wasn't anything in this episode that would suggest that Lois would be cooler with the "secret identity" thing than Lana was.
                              Maybe not from this epi, but through out the 2 and change seasons Lois has been in SV, has seen Clark disapear and weird stuff happening around him but she never pushed for answers like Chloe and Lana did back in the earlier seasons, in fact CHloe only stoped untill she actually learned the truth and Lana, well... Lana never really quit pushing for answers. So it might not have been this epi, but Clark has seen Lois respects peoples private lifes.

Comment

Yeah, because Clark kept secrets and lied to her, it didn't work.

Or you could say it ended, because of Clark's fear of Lana knowing and getting hurt. Which was the reason he did what he did, because he didn't want her to get hurt. Remember, Clark's the one who broke it off.

Yeah and that's mostly, because Oliver is different from Clark. Clark's issues go way beyond just having power.
                                Um... yeah, I agree with you. You're basically saying what I'm trying to say. (So, I guess, you're agreeing with me?? *scratches head*)

Anyway, yeah -- the Clark/Lana relationship didn't work out because Clark kept secrets from her and lied to her. Thus the reason why Clark was against the Lois/Oliver relationship. Because Oliver is doing the same thing to Lois.

Now, Clark comes in and says that he doesn't think that Lois/Oliver will end up the same way as he/Lana did. Why? Because he thinks that Lois won't react to Oliver's secrets the same way that Lana reacted to Clark's.

Because Clark/Lana broke up because their relationship couldn't withstand the strain of the "secrets and lies". Yes, technically, Clark broke up with Lana. But it wasn't just because he didn't want to hurt her -- it was because he knew he would never tell her his secret. And he knew that their relationship couldn't survive it.

And, yes, Clark has issues. I agree. I never understood why the man didn't tell Lana what was going on. The poor girl gave him enough opportunities. In canon, Lana Lang knows his secret and they remain good friends. That's how I would liked Lana/Clark to have ended up in "SV", as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎