Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that REALLY Martha??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lionel will be kaiboshed before anythign happens.

Comment

This was the one thing this episode that really got to me. I don't mind Lionel pinning for Martha--I can stand Martha trying to be his friend (she is a Kent, and the Kents do this forgiveness, redemption-thing a lot), but NO MIONEL!

The scene in the kitchen almost made me puke a little. When she came to his office, I'm glad that she explained herself, but yikes!

I didn't even like Lionel there for Thanksgiving. Sitting beside Chloe who he tried to kill in Season 4? I really liked Clark's speech, and it was a sweet scene, but Lionel looks so out of place there. I really hope they don't push this farther than they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerial
        but NO MIONEL!
        I agree.
        The scene in the kitchen almost made me puke a little. When she came to his office, I'm glad that she explained herself, but yikes!
        I also puked, almost... Did she really explain herself? Not really, IMO... Still out of character.
        I didn't even like Lionel there for Thanksgiving. Sitting beside Chloe who he tried to kill in Season 4?
        Exactly!!!
        That was hilarious...
        I am surprised AM didn't complain herself.

Comment

Well, what exactly has Martha done ?
          They are friends and yes HE wants more, always has, but he knows that the door is closed.
          I didn't see anything that made me feel otherwise.
          The fact that they have "accepted" Lionel is logiocal, considering all that has happend and all that he knows.

I am sure there is still doubts in their minds, but no doubt that Lionel has become a friend of the family.

As for Chloe, he saved her bacon bigtime, I am sure she hasn't ( nor should she) forget that.

Then again, if I was them I would want Lionel close to me, very close, if for no other reason than to keep an eye on him.
          I doubt that is the case though, it seems that they are a trusting lot and this may yet prove to backfire, or maybe not.

Time will tell.

But to insinuate in inappropriateness in regards to Martha seems a tad premature.
          Last edited by Kryptonian-Ronin; 11-10-2006, 08:54 AM.

Comment

^ Agreed, and very good statements.

Comment

Man, when they almost kissed I was screamiing at the TV "DON'T DO IT!!!!" It just feels wrong. What is going on here? Jonathon needs to reappear and set his woman straight.

Probably the Jor-El possession thing is why deep rooted Martha feels an attraction to the guy is both a friend and an enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
                Man, when they almost kissed I was screamiing at the TV "DON'T DO IT!!!!"
                Same here, same here...

Comment

Personally, I don't want to see Martha and Lionel together.. noone can replace Jonathan Kent! Especially not Lionel.. I still remember him being the reason Jonathan Kent died..

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoda123
                    Personally, I don't want to see Martha and Lionel together.. noone can replace Jonathan Kent! Especially not Lionel.. I still remember him being the reason Jonathan Kent died..
                    That is still a grey area, if anything, we will never know why Lionel showed the pic to Johnathan.

Nevertheless, I doubt anything will come of this, Lionel is not long for this world and then there is always Ben Hubbard.
                    ( or whatever his name is)

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoda123
                      This is WHY Lionel needs to be EVIL (if not now, later). If he's not, then what's the point of Pa Kent's death? All it does is show a father who went overboard, and it caused his heartache. Pointless.

Besides, didn't Jonathon tell Clark that Clark needed to protect his mom from Lionel in Void?

I think I could have lived with the dinner, even with Martha inviting Lionel, if Clark had given a tiny somber look at Lionel like, "I know I have to tolerate you, but I don't have to like it."

I will say one GOOD thing about Lionel being there...I loved how he reacted to Clark giving thanks for his mother and father. I could swear there was a deep seed of jealousy in Lionel. He seems desperate to get in good with both Martha and Clark.

Comment

Wow, not a lot of Mionel lovers out there. I feel all alone since I'm pretty psyched about this new deveopment (I haven't actually seen this episode yet, I have to wait until Sunday).
                        I could go on about character redemption and and why this isn't a horrible pairing but unfortunately I've got a paper to write for school so i'll just be juvenile and say "YAY!"

Comment

Originally posted by dave73085
                          I wish it were Brainiac in disguise. That could explain why she has changed so much.

from Crusade-
                          Martha: You dont want to get sucked into Lionel's web.
                          Lois: How did you escape unscathed?
                          Martha: I didn't.

Jonathan Kent, watching from heaven, must be pretty mad that his beloved wife now is interested in the convicted murderer and cutthroat business tycoon who caused his death, especially when Martha is aware of all these facts.
                          I agree. I was about to walk out of the room when the almost kissed. It's disguisting.

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                            VERY, VERY, VERY out of character...
                            That scene made me furious...
                            She was like on drugs!!!
                            I hope she has a secret agenda...
                            I hate Mionel.
                            This is what I'm thinking. When she came into Lionels office, she seemed possessed and hell bent on getting him to come over for dinner.

Her backbone seemed much stronger when Johnathan was alive.

Comment

The almost kiss scene made my head hurt. The office scene made me decide not to take Martha Kent seriously for the rest of the series. Blech.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎