View Poll Results: Will Clark act more like Superman?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think so

79 66.39%
  • Not yet

40 33.61%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yea u kno Jor-El has to be involved now..maybe Clark will give him a turkey leg lol
    Clark needs his training and he can't be superman without it

i agree, today was a step backwards too. Well, just the one scene in the beginning actually rang an alarm bell in my head...

So in the end of the last Episode he was telling Martha how he will finally embrace his destiny, yada yada...

And then in the beginning of this episode he went back to, "If I were normal, dad would be here celebrating thanksgiving with us."

That doesn't sound like someone who is all fired up and ready to embrace his destiny, IMO. Maybe he was just having a "moment", but if he really embraced his destiny his thinking would be "dad died protecting my secret, i'm going to honor that by using my abilities to protect others" sorta thing.
    Last edited by lee_the_flee; 11-11-2006 at 04:55 AM.

Yeah, that did sound a little regressive.

But it was nice to see Clark behaving so unselfishly in the episode.

By the end he goes back on his comment, telling the Green Arrow that he should be thankful for who he is and realizing that it applied to himself too. So...

Missing Jonathan during Thanksgiving... he can be a little regressive without me throwing up my hands in disgust. During the Thanksgiving dinner slow mo look around... I really liked how Clark was seperate but still happy. The hero's journey is lonely but it doesn't have to be full of angst.

Clark reminded my sister of Lexmas Clark during that scene.

Originally posted by lee_the_flee
    i agree, today was a step backwards too. Well, just the one scene in the beginning actually rang an alarm bell in my head...

So in the end of the last Episode he was telling Martha how he will finally embrace his destiny, yada yada...

And then in the beginning of this episode he went back to, "If I were normal, dad would be here celebrating thanksgiving with us."

That doesn't sound like someone who is all fired up and ready to embrace his destiny, IMO. Maybe he was just having a "moment", but if he really embraced his destiny his thinking would be "dad died protecting my secret, i'm going to honor that by using my abilities to protect others" sorta thing.
    I feel that he is just saying that Jonathan would be alive if he had been normal and wouldn't have taken on the powers to bring back when he had ran away. Jor-El said so in the FOS during ZOD when he thanked Martha for taking care of his son and giving him the love that he could not give himself, thats MHP!

Jack

He will....but until there .........I think Clark need some Red K, I mean he is sad, lonely, and still mourning about Lana and Lex, ok ok ok ....I know he lost his dad and all that, but it`s time to move on.
    I know Kal-El is a little bit crazy, but he is so funny, and i am sure that Clark would have some fun, let`s give the BDA a break!!
    Last edited by RedKRules; 11-11-2006 at 06:01 PM.

Forum Whiz
    Yes, I think he has already gotten tougher. Realizing that he messed up things with Lana and that Lois is different, as well as standing up to Ollie when he said Clark doesn't do anything but use his powers on the farm have been great improvements.

Clark has toughened over time, I agree.

At first it did feel like a step backward for Clark, but then it was Thanksgiving, his first without Jonathan and was thinking about that, but I thought the writers were trying to show us that he did have a momentary blip but that he is on track by saying he too was thankful for his gifts/abilities.

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
    Today was a step backwards, IMO...
    Why backwards?

He showed Oliver the right direction, told him he was not a killer. Oliver admitted Clark was in a way different league than he was.

I think Clark progressed greatly in Rage. It was a great Clark episode. He cared for Lois and Lana both.

And in the end, he was happy to see that everyone he loves is happy.

So I think he is taking steps towards Superman now..

Only when will he go back to college, get the degree and become a top journalist at DP bugs me...

i think not yet
    smallville Ck's doesn't need superman to become superhero, Ck is a superhero himself.
    \ņ/

Originally posted by Farm_Girl
    Why backwards?

He showed Oliver the right direction, told him he was not a killer. Oliver admitted Clark was in a way different league than he was.

I think Clark progressed greatly in Rage. It was a great Clark episode. He cared for Lois and Lana both.

And in the end, he was happy to see that everyone he loves is happy.

So I think he is taking steps towards Superman now..

Only when will he go back to college, get the degree and become a top journalist at DP bugs me...
    I agree. Just because Clark didn't face any phantoms in this episode does not mean that he took a step back. I too would love to see him start writing and investigating things for himself since that is his destiny as Clark Kent. But I am happy that he is taking reponsibility for the zoners and slowly destroying them.

Originally posted by myankskent
    I too would love to see him start writing and investigating things for himself since that is his destiny as Clark Kent. But I am happy that he is taking reponsibility for the zoners and slowly destroying them.
    They have to get into the development of his journalism career as well. If they leave that out, then only half (maybe a little more) of the story is told. This is why I want Perry to be a professor of his at CKU. It would be Perry's last stop in his rise back to the DP and he can do a lot of good for Clark as a mentor. It could be like what he was about to do with Fine, but with no hidden motives.

Originally posted by xrayvision
    They have to get into the development of his journalism career as well. If they leave that out, then only half (maybe a little more) of the story is told. This is why I want Perry to be a professor of his at CKU. It would be Perry's last stop in his rise back to the DP and he can do a lot of good for Clark as a mentor. It could be like what he was about to do with Fine, but with no hidden motives.
    I agree. So far this season, they have really pushed college to the side saying that the riots caused it to close for the fall semester. Couple that with Clark dropping out and missing the second semester last year, the development with his character associated with his Clark Kent side has almost been dropped completely. That is certainly a major problem. And I don't understand why they decided to cut the college out of the first half of season 6. It makes no sense to me.

I would think that Clark would secretly help rebuild his college so he doesn't stay on his ass eating pie 24-7. I really do want him to go back to CKU and not Met U, since I want him to develop without his other brain Chloe. I would like to see them comparing notes, but Clark has to do his own thinking.

Originally posted by xrayvision
    I would think that Clark would secretly help rebuild his college so he doesn't stay on his ass eating pie 24-7. I really do want him to go back to CKU and not Met U, since I want him to develop without his other brain Chloe. I would like to see them comparing notes, but Clark has to do his own thinking.
    The only problem with the college now is that they are never going to be able to complete it. This show won't go beyond seven seasons and with Clark missing two semesters already minimum, they'll never be able to show Clark finishing school. That's why I'm wondering if TPTB intentionally left college out this year because they have no intention of having any of the them go back to college. I guess we'll find out for sure during the second half of season 6.

I think Clark is less reluctant now to accept his destiny. But it will take him awhile to get his act together and figure out the best way to use his powers for the benefit of mankind. The devil is in the details so to speak.
    Last edited by ShelbyKent; 11-12-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast