Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark's character

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Clark's college was an issue, he left school to run the farm. It was Met U that had the damage the had Lana and Chloe needing to vacate.

And being that his intentions are to train with Jor-el as soon as the phantoms are gone, then it would be hardly worth returning for such a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
      The only problem with the college now is that they are never going to be able to complete it. This show won't go beyond seven seasons and with Clark missing two semesters already minimum, they'll never be able to show Clark finishing school. That's why I'm wondering if TPTB intentionally left college out this year because they have no intention of having any of the them go back to college. I guess we'll find out for sure during the second half of season 6.
      Yeah I think Clark's training in the FoS is his version of college. Besides how much school or credentials does a reporter need when he/she is easily always in the middle of every mega-news story.

Comment

Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
        Yeah I think Clark's training in the FoS is his version of college. Besides how much school or credentials does a reporter need when he/she is easily always in the middle of every mega-news story.
        Well if that's the case, then I certainly need to see Clark able to investigate things for himself before this series ends. If the college is not brought back into the show, then at least show me him taking steps to becoming a journalist and investigative reporter.

Comment

I would still like to see him go back to college. It is an important part of his life, and a part that realistically, Jor-El can't teach him. Being in the middle of the story isn't good enough if you can't write. A newspaper like the DP would never let him write a story if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
            Well if that's the case, then I certainly need to see Clark able to investigate things for himself before this series ends. If the college is not brought back into the show, then at least show me him taking steps to becoming a journalist and investigative reporter.
            I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              I would still like to see him go back to college. It is an important part of his life, and a part that realistically, Jor-El can't teach him. Being in the middle of the story isn't good enough if you can't write. A newspaper like the DP would never let him write a story if that's the case.
              I wouldn't have a problem with it if he didn't always rely on Chloe for help. But TPTB have really put themselves into a hole where they have clearly shown that Clark simply cannot dig up information on his own, so this needs to be rectified.

Comment

Well, Clark did used to work with Chloe on the Torch, so he has done some writing. Also, in Arrow, Clark showed that he knew a thing or two on the computer when he wiped out what Chloe had been doing to research the Queen family crest. And in Reunion, Clark did the digging to find out about where Lionel had stashed Lex's childhood friend (name escapes me right now). Lois even commented on it.

Comment

Clark could always take online Classes while he travels the world. And also freelance for different papers or the Planet and send them in over the internet.

Comment

I would rather he trains with Jor-El and then after traveling the world for several years, CHOOSES to become Superman. That would make him donning the red cape and blue tights much more profound. I never liked in the movies how he was basically programmed to be Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkseidNow
                      I would rather he trains with Jor-El and then after traveling the world for several years, CHOOSES to become Superman. That would make him donning the red cape and blue tights much more profound. I never liked in the movies how he was basically programmed to be Superman.
                      Allow me to Yoda-pontificate,
                      One cannot choose to be superman, either he is or he isn't, there is no choice.

Comment

Clark is superman. He just needs the suit to show for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎