No announcement yet.

Lex and Lana don't like each other

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lex and Lana don't like each other

Did anybody else get the feeling in this episode that Lex and Lana just don't like each other all that much? Not that I'm complaining, I like this new direction better than the mushy lovey dovey stuff. I just don't get why Lana is still with Lex if she distrusts him so much. He seemed very sarcastic and distrustful of her, and she seemed very contemptuous and distrustful of him in this episode. It's actually one of the few times I've found their interactions kind of interesting recently. I just don't understand why they are still together.

Oh, I definitly got that feeling. And I understand why Lex keeps her around. Just look at the way he's constantly throwing Lana up in Clark's face. Its like he said in "Vessel", he wanted what Clark had and now he's got the ultimate prize (in his mind). But Lana? There is where I can't find the motivation. I wonder if we might take a clue from an interview KK gave where she said that she didn't believe Lana would ever love Lex, but thats what made a relationship with him "safe" for her. Because he couldn't break her heart like Clark could. Its an interesting motivation, if they did a better job of presenting it, IMO

One thing this episode did make clear, their relationship isn't based on trust at all. Which is ironic given the whole way they came together, with the mutual bashing of Clark as not being honest.

I thought the Clana scene was very interesting. Much has been made of Clark actually being honest with Lana about why he was there...but its hard not to miss that Lana also offered up information to Clark without even a consideration. And I wonder what Lex would think of that.

But I'll take Lexana this way over the "twooest wuv, schmoopy" stuff. That was just horrid to sit through.

Comment

Re: Lex and Lana don't like each other

Originally posted by MBCorp
      Did anybody else get the feeling in this episode that Lex and Lana just don't like each other all that much? Not that I'm complaining, I like this new direction better than the mushy lovey dovey stuff. I just don't get why Lana is still with Lex if she distrusts him so much. He seemed very sarcastic and distrustful of her, and she seemed very contemptuous and distrustful of him in this episode. It's actually one of the few times I've found their interactions kind of interesting recently. I just don't understand why they are still together.
      Stated perfectly. I totally agree with you and this atmosphere seems to fit more with the characters. Naturally, they should break up soon, because it seems obvious there's no romance left (granted there ever was).

Comment

dont forget that Lana is with Lex to keep an eye on him.her motovation is saving the world.that is why she was nasty to Lex`s professor in the elevator.she was doing it because she didnt want that thing to end up in the wrong hands, and if Lex had it she could keep an eye on it.Lana was being a hero when she was being nasty to that guy

Comment

My question is does Lana like anyone else but her?

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
            Oh, I definitly got that feeling. And I understand why Lex keeps her around. Just look at the way he's constantly throwing Lana up in Clark's face. Its like he said in "Vessel", he wanted what Clark had and now he's got the ultimate prize (in his mind). But Lana? There is where I can't find the motivation. I wonder if we might take a clue from an interview KK gave where she said that she didn't believe Lana would ever love Lex, but thats what made a relationship with him "safe" for her. Because he couldn't break her heart like Clark could. Its an interesting motivation, if they did a better job of presenting it, IMO

One thing this episode did make clear, their relationship isn't based on trust at all. Which is ironic given the whole way they came together, with the mutual bashing of Clark as not being honest.

I thought the Clana scene was very interesting. Much has been made of Clark actually being honest with Lana about why he was there...but its hard not to miss that Lana also offered up information to Clark without even a consideration. And I wonder what Lex would think of that.

But I'll take Lexana this way over the "twooest wuv, schmoopy" stuff. That was just horrid to sit through.
            Great post and you captured my feelings and thoughts on the subject very nicely.

One thing was made perfectly clear to me in this episode: Lana has totally screwed up in her decision to be with Lex and she now knows it!

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
              My question is does Lana like anyone else but her?
              nope

Comment

I think Lex still has the Heir idea in his head, and is only with Lana for that...yeah tho, they seemed tense in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by brother_of_krypton
                  I think Lex still has the Heir idea in his head, and is only with Lana for that...yeah tho, they seemed tense in this episode.
                  well he will get it next episode
                  then he can finally dump her after 9 months

Comment

I don't seeit that they don't like each other, it's simply they don't trust each other. Lex keeps her close for, as stated, he wants what Clark had, but at the same time he probably believes she knows things about Clark he wants to know. Lana stays near Lex because if she didn't she would easily be a target. While being his semi-confidant she can exert her evil side to those whom she wants to pressure, possibly playing "I'm the bad boy's girl, so you'd better obey me" card. Lana is also probably realizing that Clark was right all along about Lex, but she also has trouble admiting that to herself.

Yes, it is making for a much more interesting turn of events.

Comment

I think there is actually feelings between them... but it would never be as strong as Clark's and Lana's feelings. Lex does love Lana as much as he says he does in my point. Because ever since the beginning he kept her close to him... he gave her a lot and I think was just a way to get her close to him. Lana on the other hand is just on a Rebound... and she doesn't really love Lex. I think she is only with him so she can use him to get information. To prove to Clark that she can be involve with or with him. Around With Lex is at least well informed about the ailens and she is getting to be pretty good. "Or Maybe is just playing it on your level" maybe she's just trying to prove that she just isn't the little girl who needs Clark's help anymore... and a lot more reasons... would never think she actually loves Lex as much... as she loved Clark, even if she won't admit it.

Comment

It reminds me of those rich couples though married pretty much are cold and do things to spite each other, but stay together to keep face, for advantages of the relationship or have hidden agendas.

I actually like that their relationship is not sappy (except for "the woman I love" line from Lex) and it is interesting, but I don't like how they are making it out to seem that Lana is on the same wavelength of manipulation as Lex . It makes Lex look weak especially asking for the box and then saying "please" IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyogre
                          well he will get it next episode
                          then he can finally dump her after 9 months
                          What's with the spoiler Kyogre?!! I didn't want to know that, if it's really true.

Originally posted by Nightingale20
                          It reminds me of those rich couples though married pretty much are cold and do things to spite each other, but stay together to keep face, for advantages of the relationship or have hidden agendas.

I actually like that their relationship is not sappy (except for "the woman I love" line from Lex) and it is interesting, but I don't like how they are making it out to seem that Lana is on the same wavelength of manipulation as Lex . It makes Lex look weak especially asking for the box and then saying "please" IMO.
                          Yea, you're totally right. Lex is definitely on a greater level than Lana.
                          Last edited by hassenmorad; 11-04-2006, 09:59 AM.

Comment

quote:
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally posted by BadToad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My thoughts exactly! I'm happy that those two really don't like each other. I want lana to run back to clark after she realizes shes made a mistake. And i want clark to tell her, "The bridges are burned and now it's your turn to cry me a river!":

Comment

Re: Lex and Lana don't like each other

Originally posted by MBCorp
                              They seem more like colleagues now than lovers. Perhaps they're now waking up to the fact that there is no real basis for their relationship. I too like this new depiction of Lexana much more than the sentimental tripe they'd been serving up. It's more what I had hoped for in Lexana -- a destructive, unhealthy relationship that drags down the people in it. I also liked the confrontation between Lex and Clark at the hospital more than I liked the two previous confrontations, because in this one, Lana was given less importance than the rivalry between the two men. We see Lex having been distrustful and impatient with Lana, but he fakes closeness just to torment Clark. That rings truer than when he acts like Lana is the most important thing in his world. As for why Lana is still with Lex, perhaps the idea is that she would have left him next week if she didn't discover a certain surprise.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎