Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex and Lana don't like each other

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I think they do love each other. There's no other explanation for why they put up with each other. They have some issues that they disagree about, as many couples do, but that doesn't mean they don't like each other. To the contrary, they appear to like each other enough that they stay together in spite of their disagreement.

Lex normally behaves according to cold scientific logic, and there is no logical rational reason for him to tolerate Lana's stupid and disloyal behavior. He is struggling to save the human race from superpowered aliens, using any means he can, and she is sneaking around pointlessly interfering with him. Since there isn't any logical reason for Lex to refrain from throwing her out the window, as he threatened to do with Jimmy, it can only be an emotional reason that stops him. So he does seem to love Lana, and that overrides logic and common sense, which would tell him to get rid of her.

Lana for her part, has suddenly done a flip flop from her supportive attitude toward Lex's work a couple of weeks ago, and gotten it into her head that Lex is about to go into mad scientist mode and destroy the world. So she is trying to keep Lex from going too far, and is doing it for what she thinks is his own good. If Lana really believes this, it would again be more logical for her to simply leave Lex. But again her feelings for him override logic.

Comment

lana said that she have to get up again for chocolate chip icecream, so she is with child and maybe that is why she is starting to reposition herself with regards to lex and their relationship..
      and i think that lex is still with her just to stop her going back to clark remember he is parano and still thinks that she knows more than she is telling on the subject of clark...
      Last edited by nemrod; 11-04-2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I really don't believe Lex loves her. I think he has always loved what she represents. But the more he corrupts her the more she becomes like every other woman who betrayed him. Very ironic.

I don't think she loves him because she has never said it. She always says she cares about him but never love. Unfortnately, I could see her becoming either another Helen or wose another Lillian. Maybe she gets awful post partum depression and kills their baby as a way of saving it from Lex. Also very ironic. And very anti-Lexmas.

Comment

Originally posted by emily feist
          Maybe she gets awful post partum depression and kills their baby as a way of saving it from Lex. Also very ironic. And very anti-Lexmas.
          That would really make for a great storyline! I doubt TPTB will do that to their favorite girl though. Bah!

Comment

Maybe Lana will pull a Lillian and kill the baby and claim it was SIDs. Lex will know better though.

Comment

It's all probably a big TEASE that they are finally going to end Lexana. It gives Lana something to do on the show but that doesn't mean it's been any good.

(humming that song...."it's over, it's over and for that I thank you")

Comment

Lex and Lana this episode reminded me of Lionel and his wife the dynamic was the same.

Comment

Re: Re: Lex and Lana don't like each other

Originally posted by RMF
                  I also liked the confrontation between Lex and Clark at the hospital more than I liked the two previous confrontations, because in this one, Lana was given less importance than the rivalry between the two men.
                  It would have been a lot better if Clark visited him after Lana left. I wonder how that scene would have been. I liked the one they had in Exposed at the end when Clark apologizes for getting arrested while having Lex's guest pass to the Wingate.

Originally posted by emily feist
                  I really don't believe Lex loves her. I think he has always loved what she represents. But the more he corrupts her the more she becomes like every other woman who betrayed him. Very ironic.

I don't think she loves him because she has never said it. She always says she cares about him but never love. Unfortnately, I could see her becoming either another Helen or wose another Lillian. Maybe she gets awful post partum depression and kills their baby as a way of saving it from Lex. Also very ironic. And very anti-Lexmas.
                  I think Lex loves her now, but won't when, as you said, he realizes that he corrupted her into being just like the other women he was with.

What's this with a baby? I hope this is not some spoiler sh-t. I'm getting sick of seeing these posted on non-spoiler areas. And if it is true, then this is going to be one stupid storyline and can possibly make the 2nd half of season 6 just like the 2nd half of season 5 (though that was watchable at least).
                  Last edited by xrayvision; 11-05-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

she needs a place to sleep

Comment

I believe Lex wants Lana (because of Clark), but love, I'm not sure of. See, once Lana goes against Lex like the box, and she gets in his way, he will realize that he loves his ambitions more than he loves Lana.

For Lana she just needs to be attached, to whomever will give her the appreciation she thinks she needs. And a place to sleep.

But as soon as Lana sees this relationship as heading south, mark my words, she will seek out a back-up boyfriend, only Clark won't play that game this time.

Comment

must have missed that

Comment

Re: Lex and Lana don't like each other

Originally posted by MBCorp
                          Did anybody else get the feeling in this episode that Lex and Lana just don't like each other all that much? Not that I'm complaining, I like this new direction better than the mushy lovey dovey stuff. I just don't get why Lana is still with Lex if she distrusts him so much. He seemed very sarcastic and distrustful of her, and she seemed very contemptuous and distrustful of him in this episode. It's actually one of the few times I've found their interactions kind of interesting recently. I just don't understand why they are still together.
                          Umph. At the moment, I don't like either of them either.

Comment

This is why Lana was never right for Clark to begin with. She always puts blind trust in the wrong people without knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                              I just don't get why Lana is still with Lex if she distrusts him so much.
                              Because Lana has a fear of abandonment, which manifests itself through her inability to stay single for more than five seconds. I mean, she and Clark break up in "Hypnotic", in the next episode she was doing drugs (because a boy had broken up with her), then she and Lex start dating in the episode after that. She was on the rebound and is emotionally incapable of handling being alone/single. So, she dates Lex, because he's willing, while Clark isn't. For her to break up with Lex, she would've had to have an alternative. A new boyfriend, that she could start dating, after she breaks up with Lex. No such man existed. Just Lex and an ex-boyfriend in Clark (a ship that had kinda sailed, for the moment).

When you really look at Lex, it becomes semi-clear that his motivation for being with Lana isn't out of love, but to hurt Clark. That's why he's insisting that Clark comes to their wedding (to see what he has lost). When Clark enters Lex's mind in "Fracture", Lex takes great joy in showing Clark him and Lana having sex. He wanted to make Clark suffer.

So, yeah, you have two people who don't really like each other. Instead, you have one guy who is dating a girl, to torment another guy. One girl who is emotionally fragile and have a hard time handling being alone/single.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎