Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 2.06 - No Exit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGH! I hate this episode. Seriously. I almost didn't rewatch it because I cannot stand Jo!! I hate how she basically took over Sammy's place. It really hit home when she was describing the building and giving the rundown on the previous murders. I yelled at the TV "That's SAMMY'S job!!" I just remember thinking, "Sammy's the one who always gives Dean the rundown on their case, but not with her here..." UGH!! And it was just plain creepy how Jo literally took his place in every scene. Like when they are talking with the apartment manager and Sam is technically in the scene but he is just hovering on the edge, blending into the background. I hate that. And it is so annoying how they are trying to push the whole "Dean and Jo are fighting but it's just sexual tension". It was just such an obvious set up by the writers and it makes me want to puke.....

The best part of this episode was near the end.....

Dean: Boy, you really weren't kidding about flying out, were ya?
    dead silence....Dean blows out a long breath
    Dean: How about we listen to some music?
    *turns dial* Foreigner is singing "You're as cold as ice...."
    Ellen snaps the radio off
    Dean: This is going to be a long drive.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne
      UGH! I hate this episode. Seriously. I almost didn't rewatch it because I cannot stand Jo!! I hate how she basically took over Sammy's place. It really hit home when she was describing the building and giving the rundown on the previous murders. I yelled at the TV "That's SAMMY'S job!!" I just remember thinking, "Sammy's the one who always gives Dean the rundown on their case, but not with her here..." UGH!! And it was just plain creepy how Jo literally took his place in every scene. Like when they are talking with the apartment manager and Sam is technically in the scene but he is just hovering on the edge, blending into the background. I hate that. And it is so annoying how they are trying to push the whole "Dean and Jo are fighting but it's just sexual tension". It was just such an obvious set up by the writers and it makes me want to puke.....
      ah, No Exit. The episode that kicked off many a fans hatred of Jo. A lot of us were mad that Jo basically took Sam's place (though we did understand as this was the episode right after Sam/Jared broke his hand).

I remember being quite excited by the premise (America's first serial killer? Sounded like a gold plot starter) but it quickly devolved into "the Dean and Jo drama hour". Of Course now I can't think of this episode without thinking of the 3 great scenes from the gag reel! (the water prank, of course, and the scene where the boys duck into the open doorway and Jared keeps going backwards through it and Jensen cracks. up! Just thought of that third one too where Jensen says the "it's ectoplasm" line and then they both lose it!)

So that has helped to temper my dislike of this ep. But I try not to rewatch it if I can help it. (though I did mellow out on Jo later. Eventually.)

Comment

I like Jo but in the end she was a bi**h!Liked the plot,the idea of bringing Holmes back was tight, and the end was surprising but still Jo dident need to be a a**.

Comment

Liked Jo, but Dean/Jo doesn't have natural chemistry.
          She seems like a little girl trying to play grown up.
          Would have been fine, like if she had a crush on him or something, but the fact that Dean likes her back doesn't sit well with me.

Anyways, a lot of suspense, but the ending was bland.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎