Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois and Journalism

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole barn door bit is the only thing that bothers me. The rest of it I'm somewhat fine with. I just wish they had chosen a better way for her to become more interested in journalism and decide that it was her thing. I don't care if the writers thought it'd be funny... the barn door scene have to go!

I do agree however, that she always had an affinity for investigative journalism even if she kept on denying it in earlier seasons. I agree with others that the plane crash would had been a good way for her to get into the writing aspect of journalism. would've been more respectable for a lady like Lois Lane.

Comment

I seriously don't understand the problem people have with the barn door story. Perhaps it's a common occurrence for some. Around here if we get a storm and tree limbs fall it makes the news. A barn door falling from the sky on a beautiful clear day and almost killing a woman would definitely be newsworthy. The funny part is the paper was correct, it was caused by an alien. Another thing that is mostly overlooked is that Lois accomplished more in season six, her first year as a journalist, than anyone else on the show. She made a NATIONAL name for herself with her Green Arrow stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx126
        I seriously don't understand the problem people have with the barn door story. Perhaps it's a common occurrence for some. Around here if we get a storm and tree limbs fall it makes the news. A barn door falling from the sky on a beautiful clear day and almost killing a woman would definitely be newsworthy. The funny part is the paper was correct, it was caused by an alien. Another thing that is mostly overlooked is that Lois accomplished more in season six, her first year as a journalist, than anyone else on the show. She made a NATIONAL name for herself with her Green Arrow stories.
        You have to understand, that there are some who feels that the Smallville writers didn't exactly treat Lois Lane right in the way she deserved. Remember The Lana/Clark/Lois Triangle? Where a certain epidose made it seem like Clark would've picked Lana over Lois but couldn't because Lana's body was full of kryptonite. It made it seem like Lois Lane was simply the second choice and that she wasn't Clark's true love at all. Not a good way to respect the Clois ship at all.

And there's been times when it seemed like they were making fun of Lois Lane, and not in an affectionate way. Like when they had her drop out of school off screen, and then her daddy forced her to go get her remaining school credits at smallville high. They kinda implied that she was both stupid and an delinquent back then. there could've been a better way to get her to stick around.
        The barn door thing was just one of the ways they made fun of her, from a certain viewpoint.

Erica Durance was such an amazing Lois Lane, and her character really shone when the writers weren't biased towards Clana stuff and the like.

Comment

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Lois was never a joke. People who don't like her can think that. Everyone on the show could be considered a joke by viewers. Clark never chose Lana over Lois. Lois wasn't an option for him at that point. In the hospital Lois took her self out of the equation when she pulled herself out of his embrace, turned her back on him all while "please don't take your love from me" was playing. They never even went on a date at that point. That is in show. Out of show there were other reasons. The writers strike made Kristin have to finish up season 7 in season 8 so for me those episodes are really part of season 7. Kristin was insistent on certain things for her character and fans in order to return. Lois was the most successful and accomplished female on the show. Anything Lana obtained was given to her by Lex and his money. Lois worked hard, investigated on her own most of the time successfully, ran a successful Senate campaign, was Chief of Staff for a Senator. Mighty impressive.

Comment

Oh and Clark never made an effort to keep Lana. He took her word (from Lex's doctor of all people) and didn't bother looking for an alternative. He didn't want to get blue kyrptonite so he could at least be around her, he used the legion ring and didn't go back just a little bit earlier to stop this. He was like good riddance Lana. He even pushed her to get the kyrptonite in her in the first place. He didn't bother to try to freeze the detonator or use his laser vision or get his super friends to help out. Lana wasn't his true love. He said it himself "Lois, you are the love of my life". I didn't like everything they did with Lois, but I didn't like everything they did with any character.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎