No announcement yet.

All knowing Lionel?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    Which way would you lean about whether he knows about the zoners and/or Clark's crater (and other craters around the world)?
    I would have to say that he does know about the craters since he knows about the box. The question is how does he know about it? You'd think that because of the fortress being dead, that Lionel wouldn't be able to channel Jor-El anymore and yet, he is still writing those symbols and he evidently knows what they mean, which goes against what he told Clark last season. I'm assuming that he knows what the symbols mean given the fact that he was looking at them prior to Clark walking into his office and the fact that he is not going to Clark about them so that he can translate them.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
      I would have to say that he does know about the craters since he knows about the box. The question is how does he know about it? You'd think that because of the fortress being dead, that Lionel wouldn't be able to channel Jor-El anymore and yet, he is still writing those symbols and he evidently knows what they mean, which goes against what he told Clark last season.
      It's possible that he broke down the barrier in his mind that seperated his normal mind from the knowledge he picked up from the stone he had in Commencement and that which Jor-El used when he communicated through him.

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
      I think Lionel has a motive, but whatever it is, it's for good and not evil.

In Mercy Lionel said:

He said that he is not against Clark.
      I think he will turn evil. But the thing that doesn't make me sure is that it is too obvious. Maybe he does have some bad intentions now and he will eliminate those intentions by continually convincing himself that he is good. This seems to be what he did with the fact that he killed his parents. In Mercy, it seemed he was convinced that he didn't kill his parents. Same with what he told the warden in that S4 episode when he was bailed. Tell yourself something long enough, and you'll believe it's true. Maybe he will reach the point at which he is just about ready to take the "power" using his knowledge of the symbols, but at the last moment decides against it (something that Lex won't be able to do, which seperates Lex & Lionel).
      Last edited by xrayvision; 10-29-2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        It's possible that he broke down the barrier in his mind that seperated his normal mind from the knowledge he picked up from the stone he had in Commencement and that which Jor-El used when he communicated through him.

I think he will turn evil. But the thing that doesn't make me sure is that it is too obvious. Maybe he does have some bad intentions now and he will eliminate those intentions by continually convincing himself that he is good. This seems to be what he did with the fact that he killed his parents. In Mercy, it seemed he was convinced that he didn't kill his parents. Same with what he told the warden in that S4 episode when he was bailed.
        All I know is that the Lionel in Season 6 (so far) is nowhere near the MB Lionel of Season 3.

Comment

That's either the case or this time he is hiding it well because he is far beyond season 3 in terms of how bad he is. This time, he has much more power than before with the knowledge of Clark and the symbols even though he doesn't have Luthorcorp.

And he knows if he wants to do something, he better keep a very tight lid on it.

Comment

Based on the dialogue of Arrow:

Lionel: But you were -- completely yourself. And unless I'm mistaken, the discussion was due to the fact that Lex -- please, sit down -- was obsessed with a piece of alien technology infinitely too dangerous for any of us to comprehend. Does this sound familiar to you at all?

Lana: Mr. Luthor, this is all behind us now.

Lionel: Ah, well, it's obvious that any trust you have for me only works in times of crisis. But we both know, Miss Lang, that the crisis is far from over. Lex salvaged that piece of technology.

Lana: Why do you think I moved into the mansion?

Lionel: Please tell me.

Lana: Mr. Luthor, I care about Lex.

Lionel: Mmm.

Lana: But part of being with him is protecting Lex from himself. I'm not naive. I know that comes with the territory.

Lionel: Well, apparently Lex has finally found his equal. But watching over him? That is not enough. Miss Lang... Lex is using every resource available to him to unlock the mystery of that Pandora's Box that he somehow managed to get a hold of. Once he opens it and unleashes whatever is in it to the world... [ Sighs ] Well, we may not be lucky enough to close it this time.
            Lionel knows full well that he shouldn't meddle with Kryptonians. He can't be stupid enough to meddle in their affairs. I think maybe Jor-El is passively acting within Lionel. Lionel was never aware during his possessions. How could he know that his connection is gone?

Comment

I'm not sure. Maybe he felt something inside him or maybe he wrote down a lot more symbols that he never gave Clark and now notices that he is not writing those messages anymore. It's also possible that he had dreams where he was spoken to by Jor-El.

If he found a way to neutralize Kryptonians, that may be a reason for him to write "power" because that would certainly be a source of power, a whole lot of power.

But this is what's intriguing. He doesn't seem to be worried like he was last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
                He said that he is not against Clark.
                Oh okay, if he said it, it must be true then.

Comment

I think Lionel can read kryptonian now, but has no contact with jor-el, zod or zoners.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                    The question is how does he know about it? You'd think that because of the fortress being dead, that Lionel wouldn't be able to channel Jor-El anymore and yet, he is still writing those symbols and he evidently knows what they mean, which goes against what he told Clark last season.
                    I am thinking that it is possible that Jor-El released all this information remotely to Lionel right around the time Martha spoke to him in the FOS because he knew the FOS would be defunct soon and wanted Lionel to have the info so he can help Clark. It is a definite possibility. Jor-El seems to have trusted Lionel enough to choose him as his vessel/oracle (if choice was involved in Lionel becoming the vessel), so he could have done the same. It's possible he did it so Lionel could help get Clark out of the PZ since at the time, he was still trapped.

Comment

lionel has a bad plan, though he will help clark with the zoners =D

Comment

I really think it is possible that Lionel knows and may use them as a distraction against Clark while he figures out Kryptonian knowledge for himself. And then he'll repair the Weapon Device from Zod. Lionel is still the crafty SOB. keep your eyes on your farm moms and their home made apple pie.- Lionels coming to town.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎