Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex and Lana: enough is enough

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they do. But it's a different kind of chemistry. KK's & MR's portrayal, to me, doesn't give off the sometimes angsty, sometimes euphoric, "first-love" kind of vibe. But that's fine with me because they're supposed to be portraying a more adult relationship.

But I would understand if some people feel otherwise. Judging an on-screen couple's chemistry is such a subjective experience.

Comment

Lexana was a horrible idea
      i wanted lex and clark to be foes not because of some whiny girl

Comment

lex is lAna-whipped
        this is pathetic
        just kill of lana now!

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
          I think they do. But it's a different kind of chemistry. KK's & MR's portrayal, to me, doesn't give off the sometimes angsty, sometimes euphoric, "first-love" kind of vibe. But that's fine with me because they're supposed to be portraying a more adult relationship.

But I would understand if some people feel otherwise. Judging an on-screen couple's chemistry is such a subjective experience.
          Well put, they do have a different sort of chemistry. It's most definintely not a bubbly romantic relationship, their relatioship is far more pragmatic. Lex has shown his willingness to protect Lana (which she craves), even with his own life in the balance and I believe that Lex finds comfort and acceptance with Lana. In the long run it can't work because what their relationship is built upon is illusionary. Lex is not really completely open with Lana (he keeps secrets from her) and Lana I believe doesn't have true feeling of love for him. She is only with him because she believes that he is completely open with her and will protect her. When that illusion is shattered, the relationship will splinter.

Comment

I definatly think it's time for Lex to buy Lana a nice pair of diamond earrings and a one-way ticket back to Paris.

Comment

I have to be honest, I don't like the Lex and Lana thing because I know where it is headed and I find it rather pointless.

I don't wanna see Clark with Lana and I don't wanna see Clark and Lex enemies because of Lana, it is not needed.

I really think they need to do somethign better with them.

Lana needs to be written better and Lex needs to move his buttocks on the path to Evilness.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                [B]Well put, they do have a different sort of chemistry. It's most definintely not a bubbly romantic relationship, their relatioship is far more pragmatic.
                Absolutely correct.

I think the word chemistry doesn't really mean they have to look like they are completely and madly in love with each other.

Lex/Lana HAS TO BE different from Clark/Lana. Clark/Lana was young and bubbly kind of 'high school' romance. Lex/Lana is much more grave. It is more like a marriage of convienience.

Niether Lana nor Lex trust each other, they are always suspicios and always watching their backs. It lacks love and trust. They are both pretending that they are in love but niether of them is.

For showing a relationship of this kind, which is a complete change for Smallville, I think KK and MR are both doing a great job!

Comment

I think they do have chemistry together, but it showed much better early on in the series. Remember the first few seasons? There was this episode where Lana lost her inhibitions (sorry, don't remember the name) and she's eating whipped cream. Lex comes up to her and she sprays some cream onto her finger and feeds it to him. And then he licks his lips. I remember watching that scene going, "Lex... she's underage!! But, man, you guys have serious heat!!"

For some reason, they seem to have cooled down a bit after actually hooking up. And I think that stems from SV trying to show the Lexana ship as a cold one. Their relationship lacks heat because, in essence, the two are not in a teenage relationship where it's all about the hormones. Lana has been hurt a lot in the past and Lex doesn't trust anyone. I think she keeps comparing him to Clark & I think he can't move past the fact that she chose Clark first.

So there are all these issues in their relationship that make them keep each other at arm's length. At least, that's the sense I get. I definitely don't get the whole, "we're madly in love with each and we're soulmates" vibe from them. They both seem to be approaching this relationship in a very cynical, realistic manner. Like they're saying, "okay... I'm attracted to you. I always have been. We're both single now -- how about we give this a try?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kyogre
                    lex is lAna-whipped
                    this is pathetic
                    just kill of lana now!
                    It took 5 pages, but we have our first "kill lana"/"lana must die" reference. As I was reading this I was wondering who would be the first to say it. That always seems to pop up in threads like this. Much like the whole "whore" debate.

Whore, lana die...both are irrelevant to me. I'm tired of having to watch scene after scene of the two of them. Tired of watching guest star after guest smack the BDA over the top of the head and tell him the right thing to do.

Can we PLEASE just get back to what this show once was?

Wait, that's not possible because the damage that has been done can never be undone...well, other than a memory wipe.

Comment

Well that haven't been used far to many times on the show...

Comment

Lexana = JUMP THE SHARK.

'nuf said.

Comment

Worst couple ever period

But I must add on to this unfortunally, I really do hate lana being with lex because it really waters down Lex's character. Everytime they show the mansion I used to be like, oooo somthing cool about to happen, now its all just lex lana jargon, dont care!

I miss the Lex moments in the caves! That was the best place

Comment

I hate the Lexana just as much as you do, so you're not alone

Lexana doesn't belong in Smallville, therefore it shouldn't be in Smallville. This is Smallville, not Lexanaville. It's Smallville. Not Lanaville. It's Smallville. Geeze people, get it through your thick skulls. Not you people on here, I meant the writers who writes this crap. Since when do tv shows become something they're not? Anyway, the way I see it.....the Lexana shouldn't have happened in the first place, so what's the point of having it? if its only purpose and function is to hurt Clark? I'm even tired of lex's and Lana's hypocrisy and double standards. I am sick and tired of their drama, disrespect, ingratitude and their "Oh, you saved my life, but i am going to ignore that because you won't be honest with me dramatic self righteousness crap towards Clark. Along with their rudeness to Clark and their secrets & lies & honesty obsession. But there is one thing I liked about the Lexana relationship, it shows the cracks of Clark's and Lana's compatibility and Lex's & Lana's incompatibility. Clark has always been right for Lana, but Lana has always been wrong for Clark. Lana is poison. Lana is both Clark's human kryptonite and Lex's shattered mirror. She poisoned both Clark and Lex. She hinders both Clark's and Lex's character development & growth. She holds them back from their true potential as hero and villain. Well, that's how I see it.

As for the chemistry thing. Lex has better chemistry with Clark and Chloe, than he does with Lana. With the Lex/Lana. I don't see it. there are more raging fireworks between Clark/Lex & Chloe/Lex and I do see that.
                            Last edited by laurarawlins; 12-17-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎