No announcement yet.

That's ********

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atomic girl
    To add to what the previous post says, Oliver's secret didn't just apply to him. He has tried to be honorable in his dealings today, and this may well have been an extension of that. The "secret" had to do with Lex to, and he was already on the outs with him, no need to make that worse. And Lionel was on to him too. Oliver can't speak for Lex, and has no right to out him to.

Sorry that was written quickly, so I hope it's not too confusing.
    Further more, and eas is completely right and I couldnt exactly explain it in my posts, somehow I though it was Clear, but here is where one (of the many) diferences between contexts of Pariah and Reunion:

In Pariah Chloe was talking about SOMEONE ELSES SECRET.
    In Reunion Clark was talking about YOUR OWN SECRET.

THings change when its not YOUR (as in general you) secret than when its someone elses, so it cant be double standard there not even the same situation. There is a big diference in keeping a secret of you own and keeping a friends secret.

Comment

I understand your reasoning, but I think Oliver keeping this secret was also keeping Lex's secret. I also don't think you owe someone you've been dating for a couple of weeks, and really don't know all that well, a detailed account of your past history. The fact that she writes for a disreputable paper only adds to the apprehension. At this point, we know Lois way better than Ollie.

When Lois gave Chloe some advice, she didn't really know the context either, we did as viewers. When hypotheticals are asked, many times some of the specifics are changed to "protect" the innocent. At the end of the conversation, Lois asked Chloe if she had anything to tell her. (This only makes sense if Lois knew something about Chloe and was asking her to come clean.) It didn't really go with the conversation if you knew exactly what Chloe was talking about, but Lois didn't, even though we did. I took Lois's advice a little more generic than most it seems.

And in all fairness to Clark, he was trying to cover for Oliver, not himself this time. Why would he get upset over what he said on behalf of Oliver that may or may not be correct?

Comment

Its like when someone goes to a doctor and says stuff like: "Sooo, Doctor... I have a friend, that kissed 4 guys in one night, could that be considered dangerous to her health" (just an example) and the doctor knows she is usind the friend as a proyection, Lois Knew it wasnt hypotetical and new Chloe learned someones secret (Im sure she had no clue as to who´s ) but she knew Chloe was keeping someone elses secret.

And your right he was protecting Ollie, and I liked that, Clark has been shown as less and less selfish this season.

Comment

Originally posted by chlarklove
          I'm gonna quote something that someone posted in another thread that I thought was rather interesting.

Wow. What she said to Clark was quite a far cry from the advice she gave to Chloe in Pariah. And weren't people PRAISING her for that advice? And now people are praising this from Reunion as well? I smell a double standard here.
          Oh No! Here comes the Chlarkers. Have to come and ruin the nice comments we loved from lois just because it wasn't from Chloe. Why are you guys always being negative when it comes to Lois or Clois. Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Wow. What she said to Clark was quite a far cry from the advice she gave to Chloe in Pariah. And weren't people PRAISING her for that advice? And now people are praising this from Reunion as well? I smell a double standard here.
            I disagree with you.

In Pariah, Lois advised Chloe that it wouldn't be wise for Chloe to call on another person (Clark) on his secret. Said other person should be the one to reveal the secret when he's good and ready and trusts you enough to do so. No badgering, no drama, no guilt-tripping said other person into revealing his secret. And in this instance, Chloe told Lois that the secret is not hurting anyone. So pressuring the other person into telling the secret isn't the way to go. You have to support and earn that other person's trust .It also applies that it wouldn't be kosher to blab the other person's secret to someone else.

In Reunion, when Lois said "That is ....totally retarded!", it was in reference to the person with the secret's decision to keep the secret from the one's you love in order to protect them. Lois probably thinks that this decision would cause more hurt (literally and figuratively) in the long-run of a relationship. But in keeping with her advice to Chloe, Lois won't badger or cajole the secret keeper into revealing the secret. So in typical Lois fashion, she expresses her opinion in a tart yet humorous manner and replies, "That is...totally retarded!" Which is exactly what Clark needed to hear to cut-off is impending brood-fest.

Originally posted by savingpeoplething

"Reunion":
            Clark: Sometimes, in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
            EDLois: That is...totally retarded.

"Pariah":
            Chloe: Lois, if you found out something, something someone didn’t want you to know about them, would you tell them?
            Lois: That depends. Is that person someone you care about?
            Chloe: Yeah.
            Lois: And does keeping the secret hurt anyone?
            [Chloe thinks about it.]
            Chloe: No.
            Lois: Then my answer is no. If I really cared about that person, I wouldn’t tell them that I knew. But I would go out of my way to be supportive of them so that hopefully, one day, they would be comfortable enough to tell me themselves.
            And I agree with Supergirl Jam, we should all get along. Lois and Chloe are my 2 favorite characters on the show. Peace y'all
            Last edited by ShelbyKent; 10-27-2006, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              Lois' response to that was hilarious. Loved it.
              Me too. She actually got Clark to smile about that. What he's been angsting over for 5+ years!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by chlarklove
                I'm gonna quote something that someone posted in another thread that I thought was rather interesting.

The contexts are different. One is keeping something from someone to protect them... I'd agree with her. In general, you (and I'm talking to you Clark) keep stuff from people to protect yourself. If you find something out, that's a totally different context. It's something that the person kept from you for a reason. So you go and confront them about it? No... because it would put them on the defensive and in general turn out bad. Totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by Deana
                  When he says something stupid she calls him on it. Because that decision is dumb.
                  Her comment though....came off as really stupid itself....at least to me. She just quenched a story to protect Oliver (thus keeping a secret.....not buying the "bad taste" story bit), and then instantly says this. I actually started laughing. The killing of the story seemed out of character for Lois Lane......but it made her very likable.....until she inserted the retarded foot in her mouth. Well, it took Lana 5+ seasons to figure it out ("we all have our secrets"), hopefully Lois learns it sooner........ehhh....I doubt it.

But having said that......whether keeping secrets are justified or not....I believe.....depends on the circumstances. So maybe, Lois' remark isn't as retarded as I thought......still retarded....just not as much.
                  Last edited by CK&CK; 10-27-2006, 12:23 AM.

Comment

She didn't do it to protect Oliver... she did it because she thought it was bad taste to exploit a victim like that when it had a bad ending... Clark even asked her if Oliver was the reason...

Comment

Originally posted by wraith808
                      She didn't do it to protect Oliver... she did it because she thought it was bad taste to exploit a victim like that when it had a bad ending... Clark even asked her if Oliver was the reason...
                      Sorry, not buying it......anybody else....especially if it had been someone like Lionel who had done what Lex & Ollie had?......That would be front page news!

Comment

I thought what Clark said was just fine. Not retarded at all. Frankly, idk about everyone else, but telling the whole world you're alien or a superhero just would not cut it and would get you killed or exiled( look at the X-Men).

So yeah, I didn't think Clark's line was retarded. But hey, everyone thinks that anything that comes out of Superman's mouth is retarded.

Comment

I loved Lois and her response to the sappy and typical Lana fodder that Clark would usually spout off to her. Lois called it like it was though. and that's why I love her character. If you really do truely love and trust someone (and do more than just give it lip service) then you should have no secrets kept from them. There comes a time eventually when you have to be honest and tell the truth once and for all. You shouldn't need to be dishonest to them. I think Clark really realized she was right and her calling it strait was completely Lois Lane style.

Plus was that a little Lois and Clark investigating that we watched!!? I am thrilled to have seen that. The Lane and Kent team working together for the very first time! Nice to see we are finally getting somewhere.
                          Last edited by AlwaysAround; 10-27-2006, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Clark has a reason to keep his secret from everyone. He's an alien. And racism is high on Earth.

Oliver could probably tell someone he loves about his secret. But Clark. No. Big no. Unless of course he wants a specially trained strike team equipped with kryptonite bullets to come after him.

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                              why couldn't lana have said that the million times clark used that line on her
                              Because Lana is no Lois. That's the difference.

Comment

Loved the line.Totally a Lois Lane moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎